Serenade or Carnival Sunshine

Carnival Sunshine

Sails to:St. Thomas, USVI; Antigua;Martinique; St Kitts, WI; San Juan, Puerto Rico

FROM

$979

AVG PER PERSON

as little as $98 per night

LEARN MORE

CompareAdd to Favorites

HIDE DATES

InteriorOcean ViewBalconySuites

MAY 15, 2017

Mon - Thu

$979.00$1,129.00$1,529.00$2,029.00BOOK NOW

Leaving from: Fort Lauderdale, Florida Departs: 7 Apr 2017

Serenade of the Seas

This cruise visits 6 ports

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Tortola, British Virgin Islands

Basseterre, St. Kitts

Roseau, Dominica

St. Johns, Antigua

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

BOOK

Learn More

From $906.50 CAD*Valid for 7 Apr 2017 Sailing

We've had 3 Carnival cruises and love the food and service but the Sunshine is in US dollars and RC is in CDN dollars, just wondering what each ship is like, well maintained, good entertainment, good food, your good and bad experiences on your cruise and the ports.

Leaving from: Fort Lauderdale, Florida Departs: 7 Apr 2017

Serenade of the Seas

This cruise visits 6 ports

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Tortola, British Virgin Islands

Basseterre, St. Kitts

Roseau, Dominica

St. Johns, Antigua

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

BOOK

Learn More

From $906.50 CAD*Valid for 7 Apr 2017 Sailing

We've had 3 Carnival cruises and love the food and service but the Sunshine is in US dollars and RC is in CDN dollars, just wondering what each ship is like, well maintained, good entertainment, good food, your good and bad experiences on your cruise and the ports.

I can't speak to the Carnival cruise, but we did that exact cruise on Serenade this past November and had a great time. The ship was very clean and the port calls were good.

Sunshine will depart out of Charleston 10 days for both and the Serenade will be in CDN and Carnival will be in US and my DW and I are from Ontario Deckplan code is F,G,H,I

Large Ocean View Staterooms on Deck 2 have a porthole instead

TOTAL PRICE

$2,143.00 CAD*

AVG $1,071.50 / PERSON CAD*

+ Taxes, fees and port expenses $290.00

Stateroom 1: Ocean View

# of Travelers:

Rate:

Early Saver [$2,258.00]

Stateroom:

Ocean View [incl.]

Taxes, Fees and

Port Expenses:

$250.80

Subtotal*

$2,508.80

Subtotal*

2 Travelers:

$2,258.00

Taxes, Fees, and Port Expenses:

$250.80

Total:

$2,508.80

Personally I would do the Serenade. When they turned the Destiny into the Sunshine they added many cabins, took out public lounges (to add the cabins) and recent reviews have all echoed this.

However, the Serenade doesn't offer all that much for kids to do compared to the larger RCCL ships... so if you are traveling with middle aged kids, there would be a lot more for them to do on the Sunshine (However you would have to factor in the above.)

I've sailed on both the Serenade and the Sunshine and had enjoyable cruises on both. However, I would favor the Serenade because it seems to have much more room in the public spaces, especially around the pool. The only area that I feel the Sunshine is superior to the Serenade is the food. Also with the Serenade leaving out of Fort Lauderdale, you likely will have warm weather as soon as you board the ship and not have long sea days returning to port at the end of the cruise.

I am glad this question was posted, as I am looking at the same question, but on the Canada/New England Fall 2016. I have sailed the Serenade of the Seas and was not impressed with the layout of the ship. the Centrum and location of stairs and elevators was really inconvenient. But since I really believe there is no "bad" cruise, I would sail her again. The sunshine seems to have many mixed reviews. One person I highly trust, who has sailed her, loves the ship and would sail her again. So I believe the Sunshine would be great for the Canada/New England, since the pool won't be used much.

We've been to St Thomas, St Kitts, St Lucia and St Maarten haven't been to the rest of the islands, where's the best location for your stateroom which we would probably book OV

What do you mean by "best location"?