Carnival Ocean Suite Perks

Raxter54

DW and I upgraded to a suite on our upcoming Sunshine cruise. I know we now get priority embarkation and debarkation. But I haven't been able to find out whether our room will be ready when we first board the ship. Could someone with suite experience let me know if we can go to our rooms upon embarkation? Thanks!

You are correct :-( I guess I figured that since we're paying substantially more for the suite than just getting FTTF, we would at least have the same perks. Oh well, 1st world problems and all that. At least DW is getting her tub. If Carnival would have donuts for breakfast, she'd be ecstatic ☺

Sent from my Galaxy 4

Got a call today from Carnival to upgrade to the Ocean Suite and we opted to pay and do it. I was wondering the same things about suite perks vs. FTTF. I may keep the FTTF that we currently have so the room will be ready when we get on.

Talking to Carnival the other day, the FTTF gets you in the room faster but that is the only bonus above being a suite owner. We have an OC suite coming in March on the Freedom and I can wait the extra hour or two to save the money.

Actually FTTF gets you the Diamond/Platinum/FTTF line at GS too. Suites don't get that.

Got a call today from Carnival to upgrade to the Ocean Suite and we opted to pay and do it. I was wondering the same things about suite perks vs. FTTF. I may keep the FTTF that we currently have so the room will be ready when we get on.

We have gotten FTTF since it started and our luggage has NEVER been in the rooms when we arrived. Usually about 2:30 or 3. I think it just says the luggage will be " expedited". PS _ we have upgraded to a suite a couple of times. Not much in the way of perks, to be honest. Sometimes, people are expecting a really nice suite like Embassy Suites. Not quite - but then the Embassy Hotels are not at sea

Suite perks have been added by CCL the last couple of years. This a short list of perks which is not all inclusive. After check-in Suite guests can go to the "Captains Lounge" along with the Diamond/Platinum guests. Suite guests board behind Diamond/Platinum guests; but in front of FTTF purchasers. Diamond/Platinum Guests and FTTF have early access to their cabins; Suite guests do not. I think Suite guests have priority luggage delivery. Suite guests get an extra bottle of water per suite. I think Suite guests also get one free bag of laundry per cruise. I think CCL has also started giving priority tendering to Suite guests. And finally Suite guests get priority Disembarkation. A few more Suite perks exist; which I cannot think of at the present time. A complete list can be found in the Q & A section of the CCL website. Enjoy your suite and be prepared to be "hooked" on them (Suites)--we are.

• 2 weeks later...

Priority tendering would be nice, on or last RCCL trip they had a concierge guy that would take you to a staff elevator, past all the lines and right onto the tensor. Kinda nice when the line is up 9 floors. As for getting on early, all we do is go and eat and drink so in the room early is no biggie.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What is FTTF?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Faster To The Fun - following cut and pasted from the website------------------------

CARNIVAL’S FASTER TO THE FUN PACKAGE:

Here's what it includes:

(Note: VIFP Club Diamond & Platinum members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)

Priority Check-in

Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes for initial embarkation at onset of cruise.

Guaranteed Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

Guest Services

You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations (excluding Your Time Dining).

Priority Tender Boarding

We hope you take advantage of Carnival's Excursions. If you choose to explore the destination on your own, you will have the option to choose a priority tender from the ship to shore.

Debarkation

We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late debarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

Click here for more details.

NOTES

• The price covers all occupants of the cabin so only 1 guest needs to purchase but all occupants receive the benefits. Must purchase one per stateroom when travelling companions (e.g. children and parents) are in separate staterooms.
  • Please note, there is no specific "set" time, nor a specific arrival time required... once clearance is received from Customs to start boarding, Faster to the Fun guests will board after our VIFP Club Platinum & Diamond Guests.
  • Space is Limited.
  • After purchasing Faster to the Fun package, please remember to re-print your boarding documents so Faster to Fun reflects on your documents. Have FUN!

Faster To The Fun - following cut and pasted from the website------------------------

CARNIVAL’S FASTER TO THE FUN PACKAGE:

Here's what it includes:

(Note: VIFP Club Diamond & Platinum members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)

Priority Check-in

Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes for initial embarkation at onset of cruise.

Guaranteed Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

Guest Services

You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations (excluding Your Time Dining).

Priority Tender Boarding

We hope you take advantage of Carnival's Excursions. If you choose to explore the destination on your own, you will have the option to choose a priority tender from the ship to shore.

Debarkation

We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late debarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

Click here for more details.

NOTES

• The price covers all occupants of the cabin so only 1 guest needs to purchase but all occupants receive the benefits. Must purchase one per stateroom when travelling companions (e.g. children and parents) are in separate staterooms.
  • Please note, there is no specific "set" time, nor a specific arrival time required... once clearance is received from Customs to start boarding, Faster to the Fun guests will board after our VIFP Club Platinum & Diamond Guests.
  • Space is Limited.
  • After purchasing Faster to the Fun package, please remember to re-print your boarding documents so Faster to Fun reflects on your documents. Have FUN!

I had FFTF and a suite in July, all of the above was available, I arrived at port parking around 12:30 and was in my suite at 1:10 and my luggage was there.

The key item I missed was the priority tender boarding so I was in a 45 minute line. I read the instructions about priority boarding when I got back on board.

I was also almost always seated when I arrived at the dining (ATD) room except the formal night.

I think my Big Box TA included the FTTF.

A-

Perks for Suites... (the bottom section has the perks that are NOT included with suites)

Here is the latest info on the suite perks:

Priority Check-In and Express Boarding

Carnival’s Priority Check-In is an exclusive service designed to afford our guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations with special check-in privileges. Cruise documents are stamped, 'Priority' and state, 'If you have priority check-in (listed on your documents), please proceed to the Priority lounge'. We provide Priority Check-In at all embarkation ports.

At time of booking, you will need to instruct guests that they must ask for ‘Priority Check-In’ upon arrival at the cruise terminal. Embarkation staff will ensure that guests are expedited through the check-in procedure as quickly as is possible, while providing quality service.

Priority Tender Boarding / Priority Debark at Ports of Call

Guests can take advantage of priority tender service from ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible) so they can explore ashore as quickly as they want to. For non-tender ports, to make debarkation as smooth as possible, we also offer priority debark.

A letter will be placed in the guest's suite with instructions where to meet and the window of time this service is available. This service is not for those booked on a Carnival shore excursion as these guests are given separate instructions when and where to meet.

Priority Debarkation

Guests will receive a debarkation letter offering a choice of how they would prefer to disembark the ship. They will be given the option of Self Assist (where offered) or Priority Debarkation; for Priority Debarkation, guests will receive special luggage tags which will entitle them to leave the ship after the Self Assist guests but before the remainder of the guests.

Suite Amenities

In addition, guests in deluxe suite accommodations will receive:

•A high level of service provided by our most highly-rated stateroom stewards

•Two complimentary in-suite large bottles of water

•One complimentary bag of laundry

The following perks are not for those guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations unless they are VIFP Diamond or Platinum guests or have purchased Faster to the Fun.

•First Access to Stateroom

•Priority Luggage

•Priority line at Guest Services desk

•Dedicated onboard Guest Services phone number

• Like 1

And compared to other lines suite perks are practically non-existent. Why we do Spa Balcony, not enough value for $ for us.

We've only done a suite 1x and that was due to a call from the upgrade fairy ... we only do interiors so we can cruise multiple times per year ... don't need the perks now that we are platinum

• 5 months later...
Perks for Suites... (the bottom section has the perks that are NOT included with suites)

Here is the latest info on the suite perks:

Suite Amenities

In addition, guests in deluxe suite accommodations will receive:

•A high level of service provided by our most highly-rated stateroom stewards

•Two complimentary in-suite large bottles of water

•One complimentary bag of laundry

The following perks are not for those guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations unless they are VIFP Diamond or Platinum guests or have purchased Faster to the Fun.

•First Access to Stateroom

•Priority Luggage

•Priority line at Guest Services desk

•Dedicated onboard Guest Services phone number

May I ask where you found this list? I have been looking for an official list of suite amenities

May I ask where you found this list? I have been looking for an official list of suite amenities

This came from John Heald when the suite benefits changed back in September 2016 (I believe that's the date)

It's also been confirmed by Carnival (FB page), Carnival messages, Carnival Elite PVP, John Heald again on his page as well as live feeds/videos

This came from John Heald when the suite benefits changed back in September 2016 (I believe that's the date)

I can't find this information on the carnival website. Since this change was made in 2016 you would think it would be posted somewhere on the carnival website by now.

I can't find this information on the carnival website. Since this change was made in 2016 you would think it would be posted somewhere on the carnival website by now.

You would think so ... of course there I suppose with the website NOT including is assuming everyone understands.

I tried to attach a screen shot .. but can't figure it out from my phone

As someone who would probably not ever book a suite, I think it should be ready for you asap. For a premium price should come premium service. It keeps the big spenders who demand this, coming back. I don't think they should get all benefits of FTTF though.

As someone who would probably not ever book a suite, I think it should be ready for you asap. For a premium price should come premium service. It keeps the big spenders who demand this, coming back. I don't think they should get all benefits of FTTF though.

Sounds good in theory, however, with all the suites in one group, it would be super difficult for the Room Stewards to have all of them ready early plus all the D/P/FTTF in their section.