Staterooms 1102/1104 Serenade

Anyone book these rooms on Deck 10 that can tell me if they are worth booking? I've booked balcony rooms aft and midship on past cruises but have opportunity to book on back of ship. Looking for pros and cons for these rooms. DH is worried about excessive noise from engines.

Anyone book these rooms on Deck 10 that can tell me if they are worth booking? I've booked balcony rooms aft and midship on past cruises but have opportunity to book on back of ship. Looking for pros and cons for these rooms. DH is worried about excessive noise from engines.

Yes, worth it! Had these cabins at least 100 nites. No engine noise but can hear some chairs in am from tables outside WindJammer. Get it, best view, deep balcony and no hallway noise, very few people at aft walking by. Includes table, 2 chairs and 2 loungers.

We had 1102 in January 2017 for 21 days (B2B). We enjoyed the cabin as it had a large balcony with loungers, chairs and 2 tables. It is a long walk. We did at times hear noise from chairs scraping in Windjammer. It didn't really bother us much. Great cabin. However, if you had a choice, I would pick an aft on deck 9. We have had both. If not, I would stay with 1102.

You will NOT hear any engine noise on any passenger deck...especially a deck about 14 levels above the actual engines!! However, in the aft portion of this class ship, you do get vibrations at times....I found it annoying when trying to sleep....when awake, it didn't bother me.

You will NOT hear any engine noise on any passenger deck...especially a deck about 14 levels above the actual engines!! However, in the aft portion of this class ship, you do get vibrations at times....I found it annoying when trying to sleep....when awake, it didn't bother me.

14 levels?? I don't think the OP is sleeping in the VCL. :o

OP:

The huge difference between a corner aft JS like 1100 and the two you mentioned is the deep covered and more

narrow balconies with those two cabins. Great for pax that need cover from the sun, but not as great if you are looking for a more open and sunny spot on your balcony.

Only real noise would indeed be pax scraping chairs just above you in the open deck WJ, and the sound of voices

from up there when you are out on your balcony.

• 2 weeks later...

We are in cabin 1102 for our upcoming cruise from Boston to Fort Lauderdale on October 20. We love aft cabins and this will be our 3rd time. We were on the Radiance to Hawaii last fall in cabin 9660. Great spot to relax and watch the ship's wake.

• 2 months later...