Carnival Taking Royal Caribbean's Port Canaveral Places

dagadget

Hello all

Has anyone heard anything about Carnival cruise line taking Royal Caribbean's Terminal and pier spots from RCI? As you know Royal Caribbean has announce that Mariner of the Seas will be departing PC in early 2009. So far no replacement ship has been named. In addition, the other RCI ship Sovereign of the Seas is rumored to go away as well (This from ship's crew) Port Canaveral is a great departure point for Central Florida and the cruise line that owns the place is going to make $$. The only question is Carnival willing to take control and rename Port Canaveral, Port Carnival. Feel free to comment on this both here and in the Royal caribbean board link posted below.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=566499

Hello all

Has anyone heard anything about Carnival cruise line taking Royal Caribbean's Terminal and pier spots from RCI? As you know Royal Caribbean has announce that Mariner of the Seas will be departing PC in early 2009. So far no replacement ship has been named. In addition, the other RCI ship Sovereign of the Seas is rumored to go away as well (This from ship's crew) Port Canaveral is a great departure point for Central Florida and the cruise line that owns the place is going to make $$. The only question is Carnival willing to take control and rename Port Canaveral, Port Carnival. Feel free to comment on this both here and in the Royal caribbean board link posted below.

Will be following the responses.

I was surprised to find Carnivals dock "over there".

2390754060057720145AOxqDK_th.jpg

click to enlarge

Carnival uses terminal five for the Fantasy class ships most of the time and terminal ten for the Glory.

RCI just announced last week that the Mariner is moving to the west coast. Folks need to give the cruise line time to announce their plans. Common sense says that with the Genesis coming into service in 09 that a Freedom class ship will move to PC from Miami. Also RCI will not give up the Sovereign's itinerary as this is one of their most popular. I have found that the crew are the last to know what is going on.

As much I would love to believe Carnival will add more ships to PC - I don't think anything is imminent. I have asked my PVP on several occasions if CCL will replace the Fastasy/Elation and he has not heard a word. I also added comments to my last comment card. I would love more CCL ships with different itineraries out of PC. This is such an easy port to get to - and embarkation/debarkation is a breeze.

One can only hope!!:)

I never heard the rumor that SOV is leaving Port Canaveral, but I guess there can be all kinds of rumors. Rumor is that a larger ship will replace the Mariner that left. The other rumor is Rhapsody might come back to New Orleans after it finishs up Asia runs.

Is this a post only asking what folks heard about only Port Canaveral. My opinion is you heard wrong lol. Port Canaveral is dredging a deeper channel and the rumors flying if you read the thead over on the RCI threads is this is so a larger ship can be brought in.

Common sense says that with the Genesis coming into service in 09 that a Freedom class ship will move to PC from Miami.

I hope common sense turns out to be right, because this would be awesome! Port Canaveral is only an hour away from me, and Freedom or Liberty of the Seas have been on my to-do list since they were launched!

I never heard the rumor that SOV is leaving Port Canaveral, but I guess there can be all kinds of rumors. Rumor is that a larger ship will replace the Mariner that left. The other rumor is Rhapsody might come back to New Orleans after it finishs up Asia runs.

Is this a post only asking what folks heard about only Port Canaveral. My opinion is you heard wrong lol. Port Canaveral is dredging a deeper channel and the rumors flying if you read the thead over on the RCI threads is this is so a larger ship can be brought in.

Most RCCL insiders believe that the Freedom or Liberty will be moving to Port Canaveral, and there are rumors that Monarch of the seas will be moving to Mobile Alabama after Mariner moves to the west coast.

If you haven't read the thread on RCI board you must for a laugh. The thing builds and builds. Reminds me of the jail dining room scene in the cheesy movie Johnny Dangerously when the story of the escape goes down the line and gets added to and is totally different by the last person. By tomorrow they'll probably have RCI going belly up and Carnival taking over all the ships.:eek: :D :p

Most RCCL insiders believe that the Freedom or Liberty will be moving to Port Canaveral, and there are rumors that Monarch of the seas will be moving to Mobile Alabama after Mariner moves to the west coast.

I wouldn't look for RCI in Mobile anytime soon. They are cutting way back on their Gulf Coast departures from NOLA and Galveston as it is. With Europe as hot as it is and Alaska going strong I think that the Gulf ports are going to be sorta slim for a few years. The PC and Galveston fans have been on an e-mail campaign to RCI and have been inundating them, expressing their displeasure with the redeployments. On the other hand, never say never. :)

While on a recent cruise on Mariner of the Seas out of Port Canaveral, both the ships Captain and the Loyalty Ambassador strongly insinuated that a Genesis class ship would take the place of the Mariner. They also spoke of work being done in the near future to widen/deepen the channel.

No way Royal Caribbean doesn't replace the Mariner with a newer ship. The Mariner and Port Canaveral have their highest repeat cruiser levels of any ship/port in their fleet.

The Monarch sails on three and four night itineraries. The Mariner is not taking her place. She is taking the Visions place who is moving to South America. Don't look for the Monarch to go anywhere.

While on a recent cruise on Mariner of the Seas out of Port Canaveral, both the ships Captain and the Loyalty Ambassador strongly insinuated that a Genesis class ship would take the place of the Mariner. They also spoke of work being done in the near future to widen/deepen the channel.

No way Royal Caribbean doesn't replace the Mariner with a newer ship. The Mariner and Port Canaveral have their highest repeat cruiser levels of any ship/port in their fleet.

The first Genesis class ship debuts in late 09. Pt. Canaveral does not have a terminal that can handle over 6000 passengers at the moment and I don't see one being built in that short time. RCI can use both the F and G terminal in Miami for the Genesis class ships. Using both terminals and loading the ship from the front and rear would make the embarkation process very easy and quick.

I wouldn't look for RCI in Mobile anytime soon. They are cutting way back on their Gulf Coast departures from NOLA and Galveston as it is. With Europe as hot as it is and Alaska going strong I think that the Gulf ports are going to be sorta slim for a few years. The PC and Galveston fans have been on an e-mail campaign to RCI and have been inundating them, expressing their displeasure with the redeployments. On the other hand, never say never. :)

I agree. I was on the Liberty pre-inaugural and Adam Goldstein made it clear that RCI is putting the word "International" back into their name. He stated no ships from Galveston year round for a while. He stated there is simply not enough ships to go around. They are focusing on Europe, South America and Australia. Time will tell.

The first Genesis class ship debuts in late 09. Pt. Canaveral does not have a terminal that can handle over 6000 passengers at the moment and I don't see one being built in that short time. RCI can use both the F and G terminal in Miami for the Genesis class ships. Using both terminals and loading the ship from the front and rear would make the embarkation process very easy and quick.

You are correct CG2, I misspoke. It was a Freedom class ship that was alluded to as a possible replacement, not a Genesis class. Sorry for the confusion.

Was there a post that the Monarch couldnt get through to the gulf without going all the way around so that was canned? Amazing how these rumors go huh? lol

Id be thrilled if they moved a ship to Mobile.

Was there a post that the Monarch couldnt get through to the gulf without going all the way around so that was canned? Amazing how these rumors go huh? lol

Id be thrilled if they moved a ship to Mobile.

Monarch would have no trouble in making the transit through the Panama Canal. The Mariner is the one that is going to have to transit around the Horn to get to the west coast.

If you haven't read the thread on RCI board you must for a laugh. The thing builds and builds. Reminds me of the jail dining room scene in the cheesy movie Johnny Dangerously when the story of the escape goes down the line and gets added to and is totally different by the last person. By tomorrow they'll probably have RCI going belly up and Carnival taking over all the ships.:eek: :D :p

Belly up? maybe but then carnival would have a lot of ships it could pick up on the cheap. add the Voyagers and the Freedom's to Carnival. Now it would take 10 years for anyone to even get close.......

I hope common sense turns out to be right, because this would be awesome! Port Canaveral is only an hour away from me, and Freedom or Liberty of the Seas have been on my to-do list since they were launched!

It is looking more and more like Liberty will be moved there in late 2009. When Genesis comes on line and gets the bugs worked out RCI will need 2 terminals free in order to load that monster. Miami is set up for that already. when Genesis gets there RCI will have to move something out of the way.......RCI is very hesitant to announce this because of the wait factor of the Genesis.......

It is looking more and more like Liberty will be moved there in late 2009. When Genesis comes on line and gets the bugs worked out RCI will need 2 terminals free in order to load that monster. Miami is set up for that already. when Genesis gets there RCI will have to move something out of the way.......RCI is very hesitant to announce this because of the wait factor of the Genesis.......

No one knows what the hold up is on announcing a move of ships. Some of you over on the RCI have become just plain silly about this whole ordeal. Emailing every Tom, Dick and Harry at RCI and Celebrity that you can think of to complain about moving a ship and wanting information on a replacement is ridiculous. Ever think that these folks have more important things to do than sit there and answer 30 emails from the same person? I just hope that none of you are bringing Cruise Critic into the conversation in your emails.

It hasn't even been a week since RCI announced the Mariner leaving. Don't you think that it takes time to complete plans and sign contracts with the ports on adding a ship? When RCI is ready to let everyone know of their plans with Pt. Canaveral then they will let you know. :rolleyes:

No one knows what the hold up is on announcing a move of ships. Some of you over on the RCI have become just plain silly about this whole ordeal. Emailing every Tom, Dick and Harry at RCI and Celebrity that you can think of to complain about moving a ship and wanting information on a replacement is ridiculous. Ever think that these folks have more important things to do than sit there and answer 30 emails from the same person? I just hope that none of you are bringing Cruise Critic into the conversation in your emails.

It hasn't even been a week since RCI announced the Mariner leaving. Don't you think that it takes time to complete plans and sign contracts with the ports on adding a ship? When RCI is ready to let everyone know of their plans with Pt. Canaveral then they will let you know. :rolleyes:

As many contacts as you obviously have why don't YOU get the answer then. The fact of the matter is a Great company or organization NEVER announces anything until the process is complete. That is obviously not the case in PC or in Texas. It is like this you go to a resturant to get food they serve you 1/2 of what you ordered and don't give an explination why they could not finish your order. I see no difference. Now if RCI says they are going to replace Mariner with a ship this entire thread would quiet down. They won't even do that...... I could care less for a time frame or a ship name I just want answers and not evasions. The question remains this IS RCI Ever going to replace MARINER YES or NO That kind of answer never requires much of anything. but we will let you get the answers with over 8000 posts you know it all :p

As many contacts as you obviously have why don't YOU get the answer then. The fact of the matter is a Great company or organization NEVER announces anything until the process is complete. That is obviously not the case in PC or in Texas. It is like this you go to a resturant to get food they serve you 1/2 of what you ordered and don't give an explination why they could not finish your order. I see no difference. Now if RCI says they are going to replace Mariner with a ship this entire thread would quiet down. They won't even do that...... I could care less for a time frame or a ship name I just want answers and not evasions. The question remains this IS RCI Ever going to replace MARINER YES or NO That kind of answer never requires much of anything. but we will let you get the answers with over 8000 posts you know it all :p

Never said that I knew it all but this post has become ridiculous with all of the speculating and emails flying back and forth. You have not even given RCI time to make an announcement on PC. It has been one week since they announced the Mariner move. When you become the major stockholder in RCCL then you can start making demands and asking for answers. The move is still a year and a half away.:rolleyes: It's not like you don't have a ship in Pt. Canaveral for the next year and a half to cruise. LMAO!!!!!!!

By the way the process in Texas is complete. Mr. Goldstein announced on the Liberty pre-inaugural that there would not be a ship in Galveston year round for the next few years. Could not have been said any easier than that.

By the way, my post count has nothing to do with having all the answers but your the one starting to look ridiculous for posting about this on every thread that you can find.

Archived