Undies and white capri pants...

dakota503

I definitely agree with the nude color undies. And I especially agree with the Spanx (or any other body shaper) idea. If you're a thong girl then I think those will work just fine. I also think it depends on the fabric of the pants. If they're denim you'll be fine with anything really, but linen might be a little more tricky. Definitely test drive your options:)

I agree,:) definitely nude!

They make so many styles of undergarments these days.

I have never liked Spanx. I know I am in the minority about them

but they just don't feel good on me. Hard to spend 25 bucks on

something that doesn't work.:eek:

I have found some "barely there" in a nude color and my white

slacks go great with them:)

If I may, I'd like to suggest the Pert backless brief. http://www.pert.com.au As others have said, nude under white is your best bet but even with a thong you might still get a textured panty line showing through - especially with linen fashions. Pert absolutely eliminates panty lines from behind. The design is ingenious though a little unconventional.

I've tried Pert for men and it simply works. I'll be picking up a pair of white linen Manpris, as they are called, and Pert will more than likely be my foundation garment of choice.

This is not your run of the mill hipster ladies. This panty, as it were, is unlike anything you've ever seen but it does all it claims; expertly! I wouldn't say so if I hadn't experienced it for myself.

Repsol

Awhile ago I was following an eldely woman, maybe in her eighties, up an escalator. She was wearing white capris and, underneath, white thong panties! I knew because the white thong panties showed clearly through the carpris, just as bright as could be. It seemed so strange to me to see such a grandmotherly woman in an outfit that was so--ah-- revealing.:o

If I may, I'd like to suggest the Pert backless brief. http://www.pert.com.au As others have said, nude under white is your best bet but even with a thong you might still get a textured panty line showing through - especially with linen fashions. Pert absolutely eliminates panty lines from behind. The design is ingenious though a little unconventional.

I've tried Pert for men and it simply works. I'll be picking up a pair of white linen Manpris, as they are called, and Pert will more than likely be my foundation garment of choice.

This is not your run of the mill hipster ladies. This panty, as it were, is unlike anything you've ever seen but it does all it claims; expertly! I wouldn't say so if I hadn't experienced it for myself.

Repsol

OK... those are interesting. Not sure how comfortable but definitely interesting

Repsol

Very interesting but I think that would drive me nuts, I'd be feeling like I had to get back there and yank them up! And I can see how you might still have a line back there from those. Power to ya for finding them and getting them to work for you! WOOO HOOO!

Repsol

Those certainly are.... interesting. But then wouldn't you just get a panty line around your thigh instead? And if you're wearing those, you might as well go commando as it doesn't really seem to be doing the job of underwear. I don't know, but I nearly fell out of my chair laughing when I saw the video. But hey, more power to ya if you want to wear those.

As for the OP, definitly wear a nude thong. White is just going to glaringly show through.

Repsol

Those look like the most uncomfortable thing ever ... plus, they don't seem to provide any of the protection that a ladies' undergarment is intended for.

Don't you think you'd have a bit old line where the elastic sits under the butt?

I guess there is someone out there for every invention!

I wear white capris alot. I always wear nude or beige or taupe boyshorts. I particularly like the Fredericks Cameron for lace or,even better, the Angelina microfiber ones.....no lines or show through. Next time you see me cruising, and I am wandering around in my white capris....just wave and I will blush lol

Repsol

Well those are the silliest looking things I've ever seen. How would they stay up?? I'd be pulling at those things all day...very uncomfortable and un-functional looking.

Not trying to hijack this thread - I just thought I'd offer up a little clarification on the physical properties of Pert.

Thanks for the feedback ladies. Honestly, I was surprised I drew this much attention.

I anticipated a little skepticism. Believe me, when I first learned of Pert I said something to the effect of, "NO FREAKIN' WAY!!" But, not wanting to draw an uninformed conclusion, I did a little sleuthing. I like to think it my duty, as a comfortably Metro male consumer, to disprove any "new and improved" claim in the fashion industry. I go far above and beyond but if I can't "break it", it can't be broken. This was a jewel. I couldn't wait to get my hands on one of these briefs and run it through the proverbial wringer. Here are my findings and these are from a male perspective but I'm confident nothing would be lost in translation:

Comfort - 2nd to none! Thongs are comfortable once you get used to them but, because there is no back to this brief, there is no period of discomfort. Sure it feels a little awkward at first, just as a thong, but once the novelty has worn off, you forget it's there. It's like wearing nothing at all.

Panty Lines - Pert, by design, eliminates panty lines from behind. It is physically impossible to detect from the back. The back bands rest securely in the crease made by your upper thigh and glutes so, unless you're doubled over, no one's gonna' see them. I suspect the side bands might be somewhat pronounced under very lightweight or light in color fashions but so would the waist band of most other styles.

Coverage - Pert is designed with a full gusset and is as hygienically sound as any other brief, bikini, boyshort, tanga...even more so than any thong or G on the market. It will cover what needs to be covered.

Wearability - Once you step into this brief and get it situated, it ain't goin' nowhere!! Here's where I thought I had the upper hand. I donned my brief under jeans and set out on a hike to prove there was no way this thing was going to stay in place. I walked, ran, climbed, bent, twisted...for about an hour, did everything I could think of to make the brief fall down. It simply did not. No bunch, no shift, no wedge. Nuthin'. You see, the bands that hold the brief in place, rest in the natural taper of the thigh. Unless your thighs are larger on top than in the middle, there's no way this brief is going to move. And the bands on the women's brief are adjustable so you all get an even more secure fit.

Because of a man's anatomy and the brevity of Pert, the brief is somewhat less accommodating but can be managed. Ladies, this is designed beautifully for you. In a nutshell, this brief offers the same confidence and assuredness as any other "panty" but does it virtually undetected. If you can get past the atypical design of this garment and give it a try, you might find this to be the most comfortable "unmentionable" you've ever encountered.

Repsol

Definatley go for the nude colour undies! Maybe have a look for some 'seamless' ones so you don't get that visible panty line. :D

I agree. Bali and Barely There both make seamless panties in a very comfortable microfiber. The secret to no panty lines is to be sure to get as close to your skin color as possible (There are several peach, beige, Tan, and brown colors available) AND to get them large enough to get FULL coverage in the back. The seam (very smooth anyway) should hit right at the crease where your bottom ends and thigh begins in the back. (I find the full brief to work best for me , but used to- when i was thinner - be able to wear the French Cut)

These panties are simply the best and I wear them every day. The smooth microfiber and lack of seams make them the most comfortalbe ever, and they stay in place (no wedgies or butt floss). And they are reasonably priced and available at most any department store. They are also perfect for traveling because you can wash them out and they will dry very quickly, yet they are not sheer and very durable.

Hope this is helpfu for those life me who can't abide thongs.

A nude thong is best with white bottoms (you specify capri's but honestly can't think of why you think it makes a difference whether you're in shorts, pants, capris or skirts).

If you don't like thongs and wear panty's, make sure they don't bind or have any seams.

While we're on the topic, remember, same rule for white tops. Wear only nude bra's, not white ones!

If it wasnt for you wonderful girls here, I would be showing my white undies through my white pants. I have not had on a pair of white pants since I was a kid. I packed my white undeis and then found this thread:D I just picked up a nice smooth pair of nude undies. At my age (almost 45) it is not as pretty as it used to be lol! Another great tip from the fashion boards! Thanks:D

Ok. Dumb question...

Would you wear white or nude undies under white capri pants? Also, what type? I normally wear thongs (I hate panty lines), but I'm not sure if that would work with white pants.:rolleyes:

Any opinions??? Thanks!

I am caucasion and medium fair-so I usually pick beige panties. My friend who is part Italian and has a darker complexion then me, more olive toned, picks taupe panties.

A woman of color who is not very dark would also pick taupe-but a darker woman of color (darker then olive) would pick black.

No one should wear white panties under white-as no one is really white. I would feel even with the fairest complexion that would show.

Archived