Glory questions!

beachsideincaribe

We'll be on the Glory in January and I was wondering:

Is the sushi at the sushi bar made to order or already made?

We're on deck 11 and the kids were wondering if there was easy access to the waterslide?

Is there a menu for the Emerald restaurant online somewhere?

Are there recent dining room menus online?

Is there an outdoor movie screen? Is there a comedy club?

Are there hairdryers in the rooms? How are the shows? :):):)Thanks!

1) They have several sushi options (most are not raw!) that they are actively making...you can ask for as many of each as you want. I decided that it wasn't worth the calories after the first night, but my 14YO daughter LOVED it! So we went every night.

2) Not sure...but it wasn't hard to get to...and it's not open ALL the time...but it was open alot.

3) I'm sure there is a menu on line...have you tried a search? It's on the TV each night as well as the main dining room menu...I would look each day to see if we wanted to go to the main dining room or the Lido.

4) Again, see above and do a search...there must be one!

5) No outdoor movie screen yet...I hear after dry dock! The comedy club is great...4 different comedians, two for two nights and two for the next two nights.

6) There is a hairdryer...but it sucks!! (Not literally) But you have to hold the button down and it's as bad as mine on low/cool...so bring your own! (Unless you have short hair and don't need much power!) The shows are good, if you have not seen them before...you should give them a try, but don't kick yourself if you miss them!!

I love the Glory!! I've sailed on her 3 times!!

No raw sushi, only wierd unusual stuff to me, but it looks traditional wrapped in seaweed. Green was avacado, not guacolmole, no raw fish. You have a choice of at least 4 kinds... they do make it there, but you dont really get it made to order. Might have been already made up now that I think of it, and he just cut it into slices at the table, didnt put it together there. Its a take it or leave it kind of thing. I like raw fish and avacado, so it wasnt my favorite sushi.

I hear too Glory will get the big screen next dry dock.

We're on deck 11 and the kids were wondering if there was easy access to the waterslide?

Sushi is already made- it's great!

Deck 11 is perfect for the waterslide!!

No outdoor movie screen. Comedy club: yes! They are trying it out.

Hairdryers are in the rooms.

Shows.... not a huge fan of cruise ship shows. Do they know that music has evolved past the late 70's??? Oh wait- there is an 80's show :rolleyes:

The sushi is a favorite onboard, so they are constantly making it as previously mentioned.

The shows are OK, we saw one show during both cruises and they were not that bad. One of the shows on the Glory was of Celebrity Impersonators by the passengers. This was the best show onboard by far, except for the magic show.

Deck 11..spa deck? We were on the spa deck and its just literally out the door and up the stairs....best location EVER!!!!!!!

We sailed the Glory this past January... Great time to go. It looks like everything was answered. My family also stayed on deck 11 (spa deck). Best deck ever. These have the floor to ceiling windows and it's awesome. We ordered room service every morning and sat at the table by the window. Camp Carnival is one deck above and the slide is one deck above Camp Carnival. So very close to both.

thanks again for the responses!

What about the kids clubs?

We have a 6, 12, and 14....

Is there a quiet pool?

My 11 and 15 year old kids avoided Camp Carnival like the plague and always have.

The pools were insanely busy the entire cruise (just got back Sunday) but we LOVED the spa pool/hot tub. It's right downstairs from you if you are on deck 11 (it's on 9). Kids ARE allowed in there. It's very relaxing... come to think of it- because there are no kids... lol.... we did not have an insane number of kids on board at all- it's just that the main pools are very crowded all the time.

Hey Vacation Junkie... We were on the Glory with you this past January. My oldest son and your son played their DS games. We are also doing the Western itenerary next January. Have fun.

This quote is exactly why I love Cruisecritic.

Hey Vacation Junkie... We were on the Glory with you this past January. My oldest son and your son played their DS games. We are also doing the Western itenerary next January. Have fun.

We are still contemplating between the Dream or either 8 day Southern...not sure! No past guest discounts or anything on the Dream though :( because its a new ship our PVP said!

Hope all is well with your family!!!

What date are you sailing in January..maybe we will switch our booking to the Valor..same itenerary.....Karter would be thrilled to catch up with the boys again!!

There are several threads about the sushi, some like it, some of us thought it could be better. It looks pretty but no raw fish and no avacado. The green was asparagus in mine. It is wrapped in seaweed and looks like regular sushi and isnt bad, just wasnt my favorite. They had about 4 kinds to choose from.

We snorkeled at Koki Beach in the afternoon at St. Thomas, its $10 plus the cab fare to get there. $10 is for equipment and dog bisquits to feed to the fish. Local beach.

We did the highs of St. thomas in the morning, mountain top and the car that goes up the mountains... so i dont know where you should do snorkeling.. we just happened to do it after our other excursion. The water is clearer at Koki than at the tourist beach Megans.

Archived