Tips for newbie embarker? (Tampa)

caribbeancruiser09

Hi everyone!

I'm a first time cruiser leaving from Tampa this Saturday (yay!). I was hoping to get some tips for how make embarkation easy and quick. I already printed out funpass, but I'm not sure when I should get there or what to do once at the pier. The carnival site just says to get there before 3. But....if I get there at 11, will I have more time to set up and enjoy on the boat?

Advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Don't get there too early. 11am is fine. Any carry ons will have to be carried as they do not want you going to room before 1:30pm. Sometimes pools are open so you may want to wear a suit under your clothes. Most people go to the Lido for lunch. There is a hot/cold sandwich place toward the back made individually. If you get a soda card after sail away you'll save tax...no a big deal. Going under the Skyway bridge is about 6:15pm. It's a sight! Have a great time!

Are you on Legend or Inspiration?

Me and my girlfreind are leaving on the 20th on board the Carnival Legend from Tampa. We plan to leave the house at around 10:30. Some people may say this is to early but its my girlfreinds first cruise and I do not want to be waiting in a long line. Not saying there necessarily will be one but still, beat the rush ya know? And yes, this is so that we can look around boat for a bit before eating. So my personal opinion is, get there whenever you want. Not to early though and my pvp said 10:30 is not to early.

Hi everyone!

I'm a first time cruiser leaving from Tampa this Saturday (yay!). I was hoping to get some tips for how make embarkation easy and quick. I already printed out funpass, but I'm not sure when I should get there or what to do once at the pier. The carnival site just says to get there before 3. But....if I get there at 11, will I have more time to set up and enjoy on the boat?

Advice is appreciated! Thanks!

If you want to be on the ship early (our first cruise many years ago was in Tampa, we arrived at 8:45 AM.....)you can go at 11, be the first to get through the boring stuff and be among the early groups on the ship (after VIP). I cruised out of there two years ago on the Inspiration. Think we got there at around 11:30. It has changed some and will let more recent cruisers give you some update on timing. While I might not recommend that scenario to everyone, first time is really special...go for it and enjoy your cruise.

I was at the port for embark on the Inspiration at about 10:45 and had to wait a bit for them to open the doors to allow us in.

11 AM would probably be just about right.

The rest is a piece of cake. Do your check in, have a seat and wait to board!!!

As others have said, the Sunshine Skyway Bridge it not to be missed. You'll pass under it about 2 hours and 15 minutes after sail away...

http://good-times.webshots.com/video/3027393860103172871MwcVYx

:)

The doors to the Terminal open at 10:30, you will be finished checking in by 11:00, VIP's, handicapped and those needing assistance start boarding about 11:15 and those in group 1 start boarding at 11:30. In all probability, you will be on board by 11:45. I'm not telling you to disregard the rules, but some folks will make a quick trip to their cabin to drop there belongings(in the closet) and get back to the public areas on the double.

Mark

Archived