Frequent Flyer Miles/First Class/Luggage Question

We're using our FF miles and flying first class in February. Was just a few extra miles for the upgrade! (5K miles for each person total round trip). Never had first class on a cross-country flight so really looking forward to that. We're flying NWA/Delta. I read on each of their websites that First Class passengers are allowed up to 3 free checked bags. Just wondering since we're booked using miles if we're entitled to that also. Does anyone know for sure if luggage is free for people using miles?

• 2 weeks later...

As a first class passenger, you are also entitled to use the first class check-in desks, as well as any priority lines at security screening (depends on the airports involved). You will not get lounge access, but the two priority lines will make for a more pleasant ground experience. Finally, at departure time, first class gets to board the aircraft first. If you aren't ready to go at that time, you can use the "Breezeway" lane at the podium to jump to the top of any queue waiting to have their boarding passes scanned.

If on a transcon (or similar distance) you will likely have a hot meal and complimentary "adult beverages".

There is a downside to everything though :D

I used miles to upgrade a few years back. This was my wifes first time in first class.

Since that experience, I now spend a lot more on flights.

The wife is not happy in coach anymore. She will fly coach if necessary, but life is much better if she's up front.

The ole saying still apllies,,, If momma's not happy, nobody's happy. :D

Kind of like a balcony cabin. Once you go balcony, you'll never go back.

Yes, flying business or first class does ruin you for anything else.

As others have stated, whatever perks are available to a paying customer, are available to ff customers. To my knowledge, nobody at the ticket counter, at the gate, or in the air has any idea how you 'paid' for your seat.

I'm not sure about the weight limit of each bag, though. Seems like it's still 50 lbs for domestic, and 70-75 for international, so I'd check with my carrier on that one.

Archived