recent Liberty cruisers questions

39august

If you were on Liberty in the past 30 days or so, please advise what the Platinum/Diamond/D+ event was. If you did MTD, please tell me how it worked for you. Feel free to add any other comments about your LOS cruise. I have been on FOS and booked this cruise mainly for the ship, not the ports. Going in just over 3 weeks.

If you were on Liberty in the past 30 days or so, please advise what the Platinum/Diamond/D+ event was. If you did MTD, please tell me how it worked for you. Feel free to add any other comments about your LOS cruise. I have been on FOS and booked this cruise mainly for the ship, not the ports. Going in just over 3 weeks.

When we were on the LOS we had a Plat/Dia/D+ reception on Wed in the Sphinx at 8:30p.m. There was also a welcome back event on Monday in the Sphinx - Main Seating 5:15pm-6pm and Second Seating 7:45-8:30 p.m. For Diamond/D+, of course, you have the Diamond Lounge in the evening for free drinks.

MTD - was great. We waited until the 1st night and went to sign up. They made us pay all our tips upfront (put them on seapass card) and then we just chose what time we wanted to eat each evening. I loved that. We ended up with the same table and same wait staff every night. It was truly great!

Have fun on your cruise. I'll be back on the Liberty myself in about 3 wks.:D

When we were on the LOS we had a Plat/Dia/D+ reception on Wed in the Sphinx at 8:30p.m. There was also a welcome back event on Monday in the Sphinx - Main Seating 5:15pm-6pm and Second Seating 7:45-8:30 p.m. For Diamond/D+, of course, you have the Diamond Lounge in the evening for free drinks.

MTD - was great. We waited until the 1st night and went to sign up. They made us pay all our tips upfront (put them on seapass card) and then we just chose what time we wanted to eat each evening. I loved that. We ended up with the same table and same wait staff every night. It was truly great!

Have fun on your cruise. I'll be back on the Liberty myself in about 3 wks.:D

How was your wait time for a table? I hesitate to try MTD again since we had a poor experience on Vision where we had to wait about 45 minutes one evening.

How was your wait time for a table? I hesitate to try MTD again since we had a poor experience on Vision where we had to wait about 45 minutes one evening.

The most we ever waited was 5 mins. Each night as we left MTD we told the receptionist when we wanted to eat the next nights. She wrote it down and we would show up at the specified time. It was truly easy breezy. Liberty was our 1st experience of the MTD and it went very well. We will do it again when we return to the Liberty. I really think they did a great job with it.

The most we ever waited was 5 mins. Each night as we left MTD we told the receptionist when we wanted to eat the next nights. She wrote it down and we would show up at the specified time. It was truly easy breezy. Liberty was our 1st experience of the MTD and it went very well. We will do it again when we return to the Liberty. I really think they did a great job with it.

What if you don't want to reserve a specific time each night . . . just show up about 6:20 or so? Does this work also? To me the purpose of MTD is not to be tied to a specific time because you don't know the night before when you'll feel like going to the dining room or what you might be doing the following day.

island284

What if you don't want to reserve a specific time each night . . . just show up about 6:20 or so? Does this work also? To me the purpose of MTD is not to be tied to a specific time because you don't know the night before when you'll feel like going to the dining room or what you might be doing the following day.

island284

Personally I think that being late to the regular Dining Time is flat out rude. Your table has to wait for you to come to the table. The Server will try and wait as long as they can to serve everyone at the same time which means you are waiting. It can really throw the server for a loop if too many people do it.

Your response to my question about dining at 6:20 without making reservations the night before, which inferred that I had no respect for arriving on time in the Dining Room for main or late seating, was uncalled for. Clearly my question was in reference to MY TIME DINING and was directed for Cruizinmimi who had just posted about MTD. It was my hope she could enlighten me as to how important or not it was to make the reservation the night before.

Your response to my question about dining at 6:20 without making reservations the night before, which inferred that I had no respect for arriving on time in the Dining Room for main or late seating, was uncalled for. Clearly my question was in reference to MY TIME DINING and was directed for Cruizinmimi who had just posted about MTD. It was my hope she could enlighten me as to how important or not it was to make the reservation the night before.

You are right - he just didn't understand your post.

The answer is that people have had different experiences on different ships and on different cruises. Some dining rooms apparently have their act together better than others.

You are also right that MTD means that you SHOULD be able to just show up any time you want, AS LONG AS you are willing to understand that you may not be seated immediately.

You can make that reservation at any time, by the way - at a standing time for each night of your cruise, as you are leaving on one night for the next night, in the morning by phone when you wake up, or some time during the day when you decide what time you would like to eat that night, or just whenever you have read the Compass for the next day's activities.

Good luck. Personally, I'm not ready to give up traditional dining yet.

Archived