Early Savers Price Drop

centurycruiser

I submitted a request Wednesday for a price drop when a Pack and Go rate was lower than my ES. When I hadn't heard anything by Friday, I resubmitted. I still haven't heard, but, the Pack and Go rate is not there anymore.

Is this the typical response? How long does it usually take?

If you for instance have a 4A, cant be matched to a IS pack n go, if you are in a 6A, cant be matched to a OV guarantee... etc.

thats what Iv been told.... so it depends on if you actually had a match ... very few people do, since you have to match the next category up.

Let us know if they do accept it, not sure what category you are in but let us know if you managed to match, since its been denied for others.

I don't know about Pack 'n Go rates but I have a 6C on my upcoming Baja Mexico cruise and when the price for an OV Guarantee dropped below what I paid, I was given OBC for the difference. Could it be that Carnival was assigning a higher stateroom category for the Guarantee price? That would probably make the most sense.

Oh, just to let you know, I didn't hear back for a few days and was ready to resubmit when I received the email notification.

I don't know about Pack 'n Go rates but I have a 6C on my upcoming Baja Mexico cruise and when the price for an OV Guarantee dropped below what I paid, I was given OBC for the difference. Could it be that Carnival was assigning a higher stateroom category for the Guarantee price? That would probably make the most sense.

Oh, just to let you know, I didn't hear back for a few days and was ready to resubmit when I received the email notification.

You got lucky, because a 6C is obviously higher than a OV guarantee, which is considered lower than a 6A per my PVP too.

Just say thanks. I think some in the beginning got OBC but they havent been lately, since obviously its not a price match.

I have a 4A and Pack and Go is IS. Least expensive IS is 4A, so they should match. I could understand if I had a 4C or 4D, they could say "it doesn't match."

If I am supposed to have the least expensive 4A, than IS shouldn't undersell my rate!

Iv tried that same argument with my PVP. I have two more 4A port hole cabins booked, so if pack n go is cheaper, I think it should match too.

If you get OBC please let us know. Iv gotten no where with that same argument.

Iv tried that same argument with my PVP. I have two more 4A port hole cabins booked, so if pack n go is cheaper, I think it should match too.

If you get OBC please let us know. Iv gotten no where with that same argument.

I encountered the same thing. Carnival would not match that fare so that means I will not have the least expensive 4A on my cruise.

I sent the following email to Gerald Cahill, President of Carnival:

Mr. Cahill,

You fooled me twice, but, you won't do it again.

I booked 3 Carnival cruises, one each month in November 09, Dec 09 and Jan 10. Two were booked with the
Early Saver
rate and another was based on a two category upgrade. Because we sail between 10 and 12 times a year, I am interested in getting the best rate because that amounts to a free cruise or two over the course of a year.

Well, you just had a
Pack and Go
promotion where an IS guarantee was less than the fare of my 4A on my December cruise but, Carnival would not price match because it was not the same category. You know that people who book that IS will end up with a 4A. Oh, some may get a 4B or 4C, but, the majority will get a 4A. That will mean that while my fare was guaranteed to be the lowest for a 4A, there will be people on my cruise with a 4A at a lower fare than I paid.

You lost me on the
Early Saver
. I won't make that mistake again. I won't be booking early again. I know I will see attractive fares as time gets close. We rebooked our Nov cruise before final payment and saved $140 on our state room. Not an
Early Saver
fare so we had some flexibility. So, I will be cruising again. It may or may not be with Carnival, but, I won't be booking early again.

The deception under cut the purpose of the program. You taught me a lesson.

I encountered the same thing. Carnival would not match that fare so that means I will not have the least expensive 4A on my cruise.

I sent the following email to Gerald Cahill, President of Carnival:

Mr. Cahill,

You fooled me twice, but, you won't do it again.

I booked 3 Carnival cruises, one each month in November 09, Dec 09 and Jan 10. Two were booked with the
Early Saver
rate and another was based on a two category upgrade. Because we sail between 10 and 12 times a year, I am interested in getting the best rate because that amounts to a free cruise or two over the course of a year.

Well, you just had a
Pack and Go
promotion where an IS guarantee was less than the fare of my 4A on my December cruise but, Carnival would not price match because it was not the same category. You know that people who book that IS will end up with a 4A. Oh, some may get a 4B or 4C, but, the majority will get a 4A. That will mean that while my fare was guaranteed to be the lowest for a 4A, there will be people on my cruise with a 4A at a lower fare than I paid.

You lost me on the
Early Saver
. I won't make that mistake again. I won't be booking early again. I know I will see attractive fares as time gets close. We rebooked our Nov cruise before final payment and saved $140 on our state room. Not an
Early Saver
fare so we had some flexibility. So, I will be cruising again. It may or may not be with Carnival, but, I won't be booking early again.

The deception under cut the purpose of the program. You taught me a lesson.

One of Mr. Cahills many assistants (in custome service) will be sending a very nicely worded form letter and that will be that. One in a thousand e-mail and letters sent to him may actually make it to his desk. If that many. Personally I think that you should get the price reduction. Carnival has a boat load full of lawyers that can justify anything that is in the best interest of Carnival.

We are booked ES in 4B on Conquest 1/3/10 (4 people in 1 IS) one of the port hole cabins priced as IS. See now that with Past Guest Upgrades, for $240 pp for guest 1 & 2 (guest 3&4 are actually $10 less than what I booked) I could upgrade to an 8C balcony. I am pretty sure I can do this since it is upgrading. But will we still qualify for any additional price drops in the future, especially after we are paid in full?? Since this would be past guest rate instead of ES?? Hope this makes sense.

THanks in advance!

We are booked ES in 4B on Conquest 1/3/10 (4 people in 1 IS) one of the port hole cabins priced as IS. See now that with Past Guest Upgrades, for $240 pp for guest 1 & 2 (guest 3&4 are actually $10 less than what I booked) I could upgrade to an 8C balcony. I am pretty sure I can do this since it is upgrading. But will we still qualify for any additional price drops in the future, especially after we are paid in full?? Since this would be past guest rate instead of ES?? Hope this makes sense.

THanks in advance!

Yes, once ES always ES. Even if you upgrade to another rate code, the underlying code is still ES. You may have to get them to find it because even getting OBC for owning stock overlays the ES rate code my PVP told me, so she has to look for what I booked, but they can find it.

Go for it... Im talking to them today too about trying to get upgraded to a balcony for cheap.... seeing what they can do for me.

DH's pick-up decided to give out today - hoping he can fix it himself but may hold out a few days just to be safe. Even if we don't upgrade, I am still happy with the price we paid but a balcony would be great. You don't see very many price drops on the Conquest. We are booked 4 to a room & I am regretting that decision even though we do not spend much time in our room. I am thinking a balcony would give us a little more space when getting ready in the mornings.

Thanks so much for the help, I knew I could depend on you to give me ES answers. :D

Happy Cruising!

You are right! I did that too for my upcoming Baja 3 dayer and got my OBC after my cruise was paid off. It dropped again today another $20 down each of us. It usually takes 2-4 days after submitting the form.

What is pack and go and where can i find it?

mel

On the Carnival site, you look for find a cruise, and on the drop down menu, click on specials... it was over on the right hand side, lower down earlier today..kinda stinky pack n go's this week, usually a lot more of them.

One of Mr. Cahills many assistants (in custome service) will be sending a very nicely worded form letter and that will be that. One in a thousand e-mail and letters sent to him may actually make it to his desk. If that many. Personally I think that you should get the price reduction. Carnival has a boat load full of lawyers that can justify anything that is in the best interest of Carnival.

I don't intend to sue, or even threaten. It is not worth the fare difference. But, their strategy in marketing this program was to get the early bookings. Lock them in, in a down economy. Fewer empty state rooms needing deep discounts to fill late in the schedule. Operating the program so the ES clients feel like they were taken advantage of defeats that purpose. Foolhardy to undermine the program over $10 or $20.

Look, if you are booked ES in a 4A, 6A or 8A, you should get the IS, OV, or BL rate if they are lower. Chances are you will end up with a 4A, 6A or 8A anyway.

Many people only cruise once or twice a year. If they change their approach, it might not be a big deal to Carnival. I cruise between 10 and 12 times a year. I just won't book the Early Saver with Carnival again. If many people who book several cruises each year feel the same way, Carnival will have to try a different approach to get those early bookings.

Royal Caribbean has started a similar program. I may try that to see if they honor their commitment.

I don't cruise all cruises with one cruise line, but, that could affect 4-6 cabins a year with Carnival. I missed a couple great rates on RCI and Princess because I was booked on a Carnival cruise. If I am not booked early perhaps I would have been on another line. Too bad. Their Bad!

I'm having the same problem with Carnival. I have submitted three requests for price adjustments and can't even tell you how many phone calls I've made to Carnival about this. The last time I called I got a supervisor. She told me to resubmit AGAIN and that I should hear something back from Carnival with 48 hours ago. That was last Thursday...it's now a week later, still nothing. She told me to call customer service if I don't hear anything and said to insist that Carnival email the adjustment department themselves and explain that I have submitted this request many times to no avail. She claims that an email from Carnival, to the adjustment department, would do the trick. We were away this week and now I'm feeling under the weather, so haven't felt like dealing with Carnival just yet. But I will call, and if I get a run around again, someone is going to hear about it but good. This is our sixth Carnival cruise and I'm not about to just let the difference of $160.00 in our rate go. Good luck with your request and please let us know what happens??

I don't intend to sue, or even threaten. It is not worth the fare difference. But, their strategy in marketing this program was to get the early bookings. Lock them in, in a down economy. Fewer empty state rooms needing deep discounts to fill late in the schedule. Operating the program so the ES clients feel like they were taken advantage of defeats that purpose. Foolhardy to undermine the program over $10 or $20.

Look, if you are booked ES in a 4A, 6A or 8A, you should get the IS, OV, or BL rate if they are lower. Chances are you will end up with a 4A, 6A or 8A anyway.

Many people only cruise once or twice a year. If they change their approach, it might not be a big deal to Carnival. I cruise between 10 and 12 times a year. I just won't book the Early Saver with Carnival again. If many people who book several cruises each year feel the same way, Carnival will have to try a different approach to get those early bookings.

Royal Caribbean has started a similar program. I may try that to see if they honor their commitment.

I don't cruise all cruises with one cruise line, but, that could affect 4-6 cabins a year with Carnival. I missed a couple great rates on RCI and Princess because I was booked on a Carnival cruise. If I am not booked early perhaps I would have been on another line. Too bad. Their Bad!

What does IS, OV and BL mean and how do I book these rates? Also, can someone explain the difference between an IS OV or BL rate.

What does IS, OV and BL mean and how do I book these rates? Also, can someone explain the difference between an IS OV or BL rate.

Inside, outside, or balcony guarantee respectively.

These are the old names. The are now called "Fun Saver" on the Carnival website.

I'm having the same problem with Carnival. I have submitted three requests for price adjustments and can't even tell you how many phone calls I've made to Carnival about this. The last time I called I got a supervisor. She told me to resubmit AGAIN and that I should hear something back from Carnival with 48 hours ago. That was last Thursday...it's now a week later, still nothing. She told me to call customer service if I don't hear anything and said to insist that Carnival email the adjustment department themselves and explain that I have submitted this request many times to no avail. She claims that an email from Carnival, to the adjustment department, would do the trick. We were away this week and now I'm feeling under the weather, so haven't felt like dealing with Carnival just yet. But I will call, and if I get a run around again, someone is going to hear about it but good. This is our sixth Carnival cruise and I'm not about to just let the difference of $160.00 in our rate go. Good luck with your request and please let us know what happens??

One time I did have to contact the corp office via email and it was done with in 24 hours! Be sure you are submitting the EARLY SAVER claim form and not the PRICE GUARANTEE form. They are different! I think I had made that error the first time. Yeah for $160 I wouldn't settle either. Be sure to print out the booking page where you see the new price!! That also helps as prices can jump up fast! Good luck!

Inside, outside, or balcony guarantee respectively.

These are the old names. The are now called "Fun Saver" on the Carnival website.

Senior rates also have these same guarantees, as do the new pack n save.

... but otherwise, yep yep and yep. IS is a inside guarantee, etc. BL is the balcony guarantee...senior rate on conquest you could get either a BL or a 8A for the same price today for my sept 27th cruise.

I will let you know if I get any satisfaction. I expect to get the form letter that someone mentioned earlier. The fare difference in my case was only $10 pp.

Those are guarantee rates--InSide, Ocean View and BaLcony. If you book a guarantee you should get at the minimum a 4A, 6A or 8A, but you may also get a B, C, D, or even E. You just don't know. I don't care where I am as long as I am on board, so I like to book a guarantee. It is usually less expensive than an entry level category.

Part of the subterfuge of Carnival's plan on ES, may have been to offer ES in definite categories to get people to book and then if they had to undersell, undersell in the guarantee categories so they could say "Sorry, not the same thing."

I went ahead & called. Upgraded from 4B IS to 8E BL (4 people) for $560 more. I think I got a good deal because that is only $30pp more for guest 1&2 than our ES booking 13 months from now for a 8A BL. DH knows but I am going to try & keep it a secret from DD & her boyfriend. All of us have only been in IS cabins.

Now I just have to keep watching for price drops but I doubt that there will be any. Thanks again & have a blast on your upcoming B2B!

Archived