Early Savers Price Drop

centurycruiser

I went ahead & called. Upgraded from 4B IS to 8E BL (4 people) for $560 more. I think I got a good deal because that is only $30pp more for guest 1&2 than our ES booking 13 months from now for a 8A BL. DH knows but I am going to try & keep it a secret from DD & her boyfriend. All of us have only been in IS cabins.

Now I just have to keep watching for price drops but I doubt that there will be any. Thanks again & have a blast on your upcoming B2B!

Sounds awesome ... just to clarify so folks dont get confused... an IS is a inside guarantee, its not the same as a 4A, 4B etc.. just like a BL is a guarantee, not a picked cabin... sounds like you got some awesome upgrades .... have a blast.

Im hoping for good weather, cant be worse than conquest last sept when Ike totalled my car. only can be a improvement over last sept's conquest ...onward and upward.

Booked ES for our 9/21/09 cruise and picked a 4A cabin with portholes. I religiously watched for price drops every day. Finally saw resident rate of 229.00. That's 20.00 less than what I paid. Submitted the form and waited. The next day, the resident rate dropped to 219.00. Submitted another form. I just received my email today that I qualified for the price adjustment and I received 60.00 obc for the 2 of us.:D It only took about 4 days for me to receive my price adjustment.

It's funny how some people get their rates lowered quicker than others.:confused:

Look, if you are booked ES in a 4A, 6A or 8A, you should get the IS, OV, or BL rate if they are lower. Chances are you will end up with a 4A, 6A or 8A anyway.

That is probably why Carnival does not offer ES on Gty bookings. Gives them an out if Gty rate falls below the lowest category for that cabin type.

I have a 4A booked with ES on the Imagination so I can understand where you are coming from.

What Carnival should do is give ES rates for gty's. That would solve this problem. Until that happens then a Gty is a different type of booking so anyone with ES is out of luck if the GTY drop below the ES rate.

Archived