Come on and admit it!! We all have!!

airlink diva

I still have my wooden shoes I bought when we took the Rotterdam transatlantic in 2004. They make a nice loud noise when I walk across the tile floor.

We got a laugh from the locals when we got pictures of ourselves inside the little gelato stand in Livorno. That stuff is delicious!

Touristy Stuff is why we cruise! We can do serious stuff when we are at home! My wife, a preacher, had me take her picture with the Devil cut out on Grand Cayman....and we sent Hell post cards to the folks at her Theological University!!

On our first trip to Cozumel we went on the Atlantis Submarine and took "cheesey" pictures....then we found out the damn subs are built less than a 20 minute drive from where we live!!!

We always find time to explore some cultural things about where we are....but that is fun too! (Try doing something touristy cruising the Amazon River where the locals still aren't quite sure what a tourist is!!! LOL!!

Outside of Cork, Ireland -- nearly everyone -- including us -- went to the top of the Blarney castle -- got down on our backs and leaned backwards over an opening to kiss the Blarney Stone.

Pictures are somewhere in an album.

Ah yes, my daughter and I still talk about doing that, and having our picture taken with a Beefeater guard outside Buckingham and Windsor castles.

We loved diving/snorkeling with the stingrays in Grand Cayman.

You KILL me Pipedreams!

We live about 15 miles north of Philadelphia. Yesterday we had a couple of friends in town and we went to do the "Touristy Stuff" in Philly...Independace Hall, Liberty Bell, South Street. Walking down South Street we saw one of those damend "Duck Boat Tours". I can tell you being a local...Those are probably the most DESPISED toruisty thing they have ever come up with!

"On your right, you can see people standing in line to buy a water ice....A delicious frozen treat unique to Philadelphia..." Response from Las Touristats..."QUACK!"

Your post cracked me up!

Ah yes, my daughter and I still talk about doing that, and having our picture taken with a Beefeater guard outside Buckingham and Windsor castles.

We loved diving/snorkeling with the stingrays in Grand Cayman.

Grand Cayman stingrays -- I have a great picture of DH petting 2 of them at the same time.

You can also have your picture made with the Barbary apes at Gibraltar.

[ATTACH]131102[/ATTACH]

BTW, that's the QE2 and Rotterdam V in the background.

Somewhere on a DVD I have a photo of an Ephesus cat. Can't seem to locate it just yet.

We also got our pictures taken with the Barbary apes in Gibraltar.

Of course I do "touristy" things occasionally. Some are just plain silly and fun - does a vacation always have to be serious? I'll be in Alaska next week and were doing a Duck Tour in Ketchikan. It should be fun, but I consider that to fall in the touristy category.

We did the duck tour in Ketchikan in July, and it was fun, not outstanding. DW got splashed by water from a wake, but laughed it off (she grew up on the CT shoreline).

We also got a picture taken with a "moose", who just happened to be hanging around as we left the ship . . .

We showed the pic to our 12-year old Granddaughter, and she just rolled her eyes to the ceiling. :D

Archived