Come on and admit it!! We all have!!

airlink diva

Today during a lull at work, all the cruisers were discussing what we do in port. One thing that was brought up was doing something that just screams "touristy".

Now I know that the vet cruisers don't want to admit it, but we all have succumb to something.

I'm going to start it off with one year in Cozumel (and it wasn't my first visit) that I took a photo with a cardboard body that you stick your head in. It was very touristy and normally I don't do such things. However, I was with someone on their first cruise and we had to do it.

Alright cruisers, spill it!! I know it's going way back with some of you!!

Happy sailing!!

Today during a lull at work, all the cruisers were discussing what we do in port. One thing that was brought up was doing something that just screams "touristy".

Now I know that the vet cruisers don't want to admit it, but we all have succumb to something.

I'm going to start it off with one year in Cozumel (and it wasn't my first visit) that I took a photo with a cardboard body that you stick your head in. It was very touristy and normally I don't do such things. However, I was with someone on their first cruise and we had to do it.

Alright cruisers, spill it!! I know it's going way back with some of you!!

Happy sailing!!

I think i have a few pictures of my finger, and of my feet. Does that count as touristy?

One of my co-workers just admit that she held up the leaning tower of Pisa:D:D:D

This would be Scotty and I trying on new shoes in Kinderdyk before the Eurodam Prelude/Inaugural last summer...

...and making new friends in Norway.

(I can't find the pic of my Mother holding up the Little Mermaid in Copenhagen...)

:(

909308196_BSwithnewshoes2.jpg.b3d33ce7f10129d85590464d080c87e3.jpg

DSCN2237.jpg.87ef7ba5fb00d089d59f1f476603bd00.jpg

DSCN4095.jpg.ac6b50e040a0f5ddaa43ca06e1fae537.jpg

Through the years, I always chuckled at those who say......

"We always go off the beaten path and don't do all the things the tourists do." :D

WHY?

Why would you travel many miles to see a very touristy location and then not do and see and experience all those touristy things people came to do? :eek: Isn't that why you're there?

Sure, we try to avoid tourist trap restaurants (don't most of us? ) but I want to see and do what made me book that trip to begin with. :D

"We always go off the beaten path and don't do all the things the tourists do." :D

WHY?

Why would you travel many miles to see a very touristy location and then not do and see and experience all those touristy things people came to do? :eek: Isn't that why you're there?

Sure, we try to avoid tourist trap restaurants (don't most of us? ) but I want to see and do what made me book that trip to begin with. :D

Sometimes I think people say things like that because they like to be original. We like to see all the touristy things as well as get "off the beaten path". This way, we can see the way people live.

When we visited Topolobampo last year, a lot of people complained that there was nothing to do because there was not really much specifically for tourists (apart from the Copper Canyon railway). We enjoyed going into the local town and visiting the stores that the locals use. Got a taste for how things are done in that part of Mexico and far more preferable than busy tourist shops with inflated prices...

:D:D:D

WHY?

I love your comments:D Yes, we like to find something a bit different too besides just what people may consider the normal tourist things to do BUT its also fun to experience whatever the touristy thing is to do in a specific place and to be able to come home and later see the touristy thing on TV or hear it being talked about by others and be able to say "we were there and we did that "! :)

WHY?

People say that to sound superior - puhlease!!! I want to do touristy stuff. It's why the city is famous so who am I to argue???

Seriously, I get the fruity umbrella drinks in the Caribbean and head to Margaritaville whenever possible. If someone finds that unacceptable, so be it! I'd rather be safely tucked away at a bar eating conch fritters than being chased by a shark while scuba diving...

BTW, Brian, you need to post the cannon photo on awkrawdfamilyphotos. That is HI-larious!!!

Here we are sticking our heads through a board picturing mariionettes in Salzburg, Austria. But that was in 1999 and being ten years older and more mature, we would never do that again:p.

obriendan, was that taken in the salt mines outside Saltzburg?

It has been many many years since we were there (32 or 33 years). In fact my hubby hated the photo they took of him with the funny little hat. But I loved the mining car we were in and going over the underground lake:)

obriendan, was that taken in the salt mines outside Saltzburg?

It has been many many years since we were there (32 or 33 years). In fact my hubby hated the photo they took of him with the funny little hat. But I loved the mining car we were in and going over the underground lake:)

No. The picture was taken at the Marionette Museum at the Hohensaltzburg Fortress high above Saltzburg.

Dan

Of course I do "touristy" things occasionally. Some are just plain silly and fun - does a vacation always have to be serious? I'll be in Alaska next week and were doing a Duck Tour in Ketchikan. It should be fun, but I consider that to fall in the touristy category.

We've walked around with cameras hanging on our necks, camcorder hanging off a shoulder, map/guide book in the one free hand, leaving the other free hand to clutch the purse to fend off the pick pockets. That was our first time in Africa. We SCREAMED tourist from miles away!!! :D

Please tell me where in Curacao my DH can find this cannon. That's right up his alley! :D
According to the sign, it's right outside the Rif Fort, which you walk through coming from the mega-pier. There's also cannon at the Punda end of the Queen Emma bridge.

Archived