Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

Thank you so much for this thread and to all who have posted their pictures, my mom and I got the opportunity to upgrade to a Deluxe Veranda(aft room) on the Westerdam(12/09) and it was great to see some of the pictures of what our room will look like. I think we made a good choice on our room, this will be my first balcony room and am going to enjoy it to the fullest!! Thanks again

Edited by cruisrmom

Just a short note to say you are welcome and Thank you!!!

Keith just sent you an email. I'll have your photos up in the morning.

WinTim and Cruisermom (sorry for the typo in the header cruisermom!!) and everyone who has found the site useful, I'm happy to do this for all of us. It will continue to be a work in progress forever:)

Happy to help and DEFINITELY happy to help all of you!!

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Joan, I really appreciate the work you are doing to put this together. I just went through all my pics and was only able to find 1 of the cabin. I could have sworn there were more so maybe when I have a bit more time I will find them. Anyway, this one is of Cabin VC5026 on the Zuiderdam (Deluxe Verandah Outside). That's my sister's cabin. We were in 5016 so I'll try to find mine. (My daughter was in 5020 and my parents in 5024. No idea what they did with 5022, because we were all side by side. lol)

As an aside, we had the cabin steward unlock the balcony panels so we could walk back and forth between the cabins without having to go out into the hallway. That was nice. :)

Also, next week we all leave on the Zuiderdam, again, and will be in the the VA and Interior J cabins on Deck 7. (2 Insides, 4 verandahs) We'll be sure to take pics of those and forward them on to you.

Thanks again.

Can you email the photo(s) to me by just clicking on my email address here irl_joanie@yahoo.com Also MANY MANY THANKS in advance for all the photos you will be taking!!!

Joanie

Oh wait a minute! Scratch that! That might be from another cruise! LOL. Will try to find some others for you. Failing that, we'll have the VA's and the J categories for you next month.

Oh wait a minute! Scratch that! That might be from another cruise! LOL. Will try to find some others for you. Failing that, we'll have the VA's and the J categories for you next month.

:DOK scratched:D And waiting patiently:D

Joanie

H i, i have posted a request on another thread. And not had an answer so i will try this one. We are on zuiderdam 5/22/10 booked through our ta in australia. We are inside category m, can someone tell me what they are like. We don't expect too much, and we don't spend much time in the cabin, and prefer a shower so we are ok with that. Any info would be appreciated.:d

H i, i have posted a request on another thread. And not had an answer so i will try this one. We are on zuiderdam 5/22/10 booked through our ta in australia. We are inside category m, can someone tell me what they are like. We don't expect too much, and we don't spend much time in the cabin, and prefer a shower so we are ok with that. Any info would be appreciated.:d

Maxmia, I cannot answer your question, so have posted it on the main HAL board for help.

Hopefully one of the more experienced HAL cruisers will answer soon.

Joanie

thanks Joanie, Hope someone who has travelled steerage will respond. I was also wondering if there is a retractable line in the shower recess in HAL bathrooms. Any info welcome, B:D

These are the kinds of questions that really should be asked in a thread of their own.

thanks Joanie, Hope someone who has travelled steerage will respond. I was also wondering if there is a retractable line in the shower recess in HAL bathrooms. Any info welcome, B:D

I'd have to look at every photo of all the bathroom showers to answer (if I gad them all) but I can say that in our Staterooms on both the Oosterdam and the Westerdam, we did have the Shower Clothes lines.

The Oosterdam (for my Handicapped Stateroom) was about 4 feet long. The clothes line extension in my Westerdam stateroom was only about 2 1/2 to 3 feet long. (I was not in a Handicapped Stateroom on the Westerdam.)

Joanie

The Oosterdam (for my Handicapped Stateroom) was about 4 feet long. The clothes line extension in my Westerdam stateroom was only about 2 1/2 to 3 feet long. (I was not in a Handicapped Stateroom on the Westerdam.)

Joanie

Now you've got me 2nd guessing myself on the Zui. Maybe there was one! LOL. I can confirm after this sailing. :o

Edited by *Miss G*

Why not here also? It is about a stateroom?

I'd have to look at every photo of all the bathroom showers to answer (if I gad them all)

You managed to answer your own question.

By posting a general question in a general thread, a poster is more likely to get an accurate answer.

Inbedding a question in a thread with a different focus tends to bury it, and it does not get the attention it deserves.

Not on the Zuiderdam.

Miss G, maxmia and all Zuiderdam cruisers, I JUST found a photo of a stateroom on the Zuiderdam with a retractable clothesline!! This photo will show you what to look for in the shower!! http://abqreunion2008.com/Zuiderdam/DB_IMG_0495.JPG (this photo is of SA 7061) that round thing on the top left is the clothesline. Pull the little knob inside the large round metal thing and it will come out to as far as it will extend, I cannot remember where it attaches, but it does. Just ask your steward for assistance and he will show you everything!!

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

I just sent you some emails with the pictures from Suite SY 6077 on the Noordam that I took on our recent (Nov. 11-21, 2009) cruise to Southern Caribbean. We got an upsell from a balcony cabin and love the huge balcony. It is 14.5' long and about 8' wide. Had breakfast out there nearly every morning. We felt so pampered. Unfortunately, we're back home in NC and cooking and cleaning for oursleves again. Oh well, there's always next year. Thanks for your informative site!

I just sent you some emails with the pictures from Suite SY 6077 on the Noordam that I took on our recent (Nov. 11-21, 2009) cruise to Southern Caribbean. We got an upsell from a balcony cabin and love the huge balcony. It is 14.5' long and about 8' wide. Had breakfast out there nearly every morning. We felt so pampered. Unfortunately, we're back home in NC and cooking and cleaning for oursleves again. Oh well, there's always next year. Thanks for your informative site!

Thank you Mike, I have them up and running along with not only your comments here about the stateroom, but also the ones in the email:)

It is you, my fellow CC'rs that make it possible for all of us!!

BTW, take a look at the site(s) now, I am adding videos of the staterooms as I get them.

Joanie