Anybody ever take a folding bike on a Bermuda cruise?

Philly Steve

I'm thinking about taking my folder with 16" wheels. :cool: I've read various posts on the Internet about folding bikes on Alaska cruises and there is a nice mention on the Citizen Bike website about a woman who took her bike to Bermuda.

I understand renting a bike can be costly, given insurance requirements. Safety is another concern given Bermuda's narrow roads.

Have you ever packed a bike for a Bermuda cruise? If so, were there any issues getting it aboard the ship? Once in Bermuda, did you get much use out of your folder and would you take your bike again?

Thanks! :)

On other threads I have read that you cannot take a bicycle on a cruise ship. I have not seen anyone do this to date.

Keith

Thre was a full size bike put out on the last night of a Bermuda cruise with all the luggage, complete with luggage tag, last year on the Majesty.;):)

Thre was a full size bike put out on the last night of a Bermuda cruise with all the luggage, complete with luggage tag, last year on the Majesty.;):)

I'll bet that bike logged a couple of miles in the luggage pick up terminal before passenger debarkation. :D I couldn't imagine taking a full sized ride along.

On other threads I have read that you cannot take a bicycle on a cruise ship. I have not seen anyone do this to date.

Keith

Thanks Keith. On one cruise, a guy took his Strida a-frame folder aboard, packing it in a golf bag. Others packed their more conventional folding bikes in a hard suitcase.

All lines probably have polices against riding on board. ;) Could you imagine, looking over your shoulder on the jogging track and seeing a bike!!?? :D

I will check NCL's policy on bikes.

Archived