Diamond coupon question

We're taking our first RCI cruise this November, but sailing with my in-laws who are Diamond Crown & Anchor members. From what I read here, they may get some coupons for various on-board items. Is it possible for those of us who are not previous RCI cruiser to use some of the coupons without my in-laws present? I'm thinking of such things as the ice cream or milk shake coupons that my kids would love to use, and my in-laws would have no interest in.

So, can we send the kids on their own to use the coupons, or do they need to have Grandma and Grandpa with them?

Thanks!

Pretty much every coupon now requires a purchase in order to use it (e.g., buy one, get one free). Thus, you would have to give your seapass card over with the coupon. The seapass card will indicate that you are not Diamond and thus not entitled to use the coupon. So, in all likelihood, your in-laws would have to be present.

Archived