Non-alcoholic Beverage Quantities?

StillPooh

Carnival's policy states:

Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. All prohibited alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.
That's pretty subjective. Just how much soda/bottled water can a couple bring onboard without it being considered "excessive"?

Carnival's policy states:

That's pretty subjective. Just how much soda/bottled water can a couple bring onboard without it being considered "excessive"?

The most I have seen people bring is a case of water and a couple of 12 packs of soda. I would think if you showed up with several cases of each I would think they would probably say something about it.

not a problem.. I have a soft sided cooler that holds 24 cans.. also to chase the rum runner!

Now that Carnival is saying no coolers can be over 12 x 12 x 12, where did you find a cooler that size that holds 24 cans? I haven't gotten to the point of literally measuring all the coolers and can't find any the size I need.

I pack a collapsible suit case with 16 0r 20 oz bottle of my Dr. Pepper and water and my husband's favorite snacks that are not on the ship. We put a luggage tag on it and give it to the porters. It has always arrived in tact. If I don't need the suitcase when the cruise in over, I fold it up and put it in the front pocket of my regular rolling bag.

Now that Carnival is saying no coolers can be over 12 x 12 x 12, where did you find a cooler that size that holds 24 cans? I haven't gotten to the point of literally measuring all the coolers and can't find any the size I need.

I think that means actual hard-sided coolers.

When I googled "soft-sided coolers", I found many that look just like any other carry-on luggage. But they are a bit on the pricey side, IMO.

I think I will just pack my sodas in a small rolling suitcase, and ask the cabin steward to empty our mini bar, so I can keep it cold in there.

I've read several posts on this subject. My plan is to bring a foldable soft side cooler large enough to hold 2-3 sodas and 2-3 bottles of water and plenty of ice.

I've read that the cabin stewards will keep them iced up. I'll just replenish every night. I can't see me & DW drinking more than that in one day.

How much of the day are we going to spend in the cabin? And how much could we drink during those times?

To get them on the ship: a rolling carry-on type of suit case with the drinks secured with maybe bubble wrap, freezer baggies, foam rubber packing material, towels, etc. That would give the choice as to me carrying them onto the ship or letting the porters handle them.

My experience with those in cabin mini-bars is most are not that cold. I have had some good ones, but I like my drinks real cold!

Harvey

I picked up a cooler yesterday that measures 12'' x 8'' x 12.5''. Hopefully,they wont eat me up over the exta 1/2". It holds 30 cans. I got it from that store with the red bullseye as its trademark. The cooler was made by that company that's named after an eskimo's house. It soft sided with a removable plastic hardliner to prevent leaks. This thing is gonna get some serious use next week.

Archived