cabin situation

kolebyt1996

Ok here is the situation. My family (mom dad and I) are traveling with another family (also two adults and one child) and me and my friend are supposed to share a room together. But the way we are booked is me and my dad in a room, my mother and the mom from the other family in a room, and the dad and son from the other family in a room. So we were just planning to switch rooms on the ship so my parents were in a room, the other parents in a room and me and my friend in a room. The problem with that is our sail and sign cards are going to be all mixed up because of the room switching. So should we just switch cards or go to the pursers desk and have them sort it out? Are they even able to make a sail and sign card work for a different room? It's so confusing!:confused:

Thanks in advance!

They will fix it all the way you want to be it once you are on the ship and print new cards. They will also print extra cards for other cabins if you need them. Everyone involved should do this together at the same time.

Thanks! Thats what I was hoping.

It can be fixed up at the Pursers desk. Be prepared for a line up on that first day!

You must have been trying to get a past guest discount or something to switch everyone around again and again and again........

Just remembered something - you might have a problem when you get back on the ship at your first port - your photo might not match your S&S card, but they will just retake your picture at that time. Just something to be prepared for.

The beds might need to be redone for the couples - if you want, you can note this on the reservation for each cabin at carnival.com under "manage bookings" if you booked directly through Carnival.

the only bad thing is none of the rooms are next to each other and I have heard people say that if two minors are in a room then there parents have to be next to them or across the hall from them. does anyone know if this is true

That is true, whether it is enforced is another issue. What are the ages of the two minors? If you think it will be a problem, then the other option is to get extra cards (key only) for the cabins.

Ok here is the situation. My family (mom dad and I) are traveling with another family (also two adults and one child) and me and my friend are supposed to share a room together. But the way we are booked is me and my dad in a room, my mother and the mom from the other family in a room, and the dad and son from the other family in a room. So we were just planning to switch rooms on the ship so my parents were in a room, the other parents in a room and me and my friend in a room. The problem with that is our sail and sign cards are going to be all mixed up because of the room switching. So should we just switch cards or go to the pursers desk and have them sort it out? Are they even able to make a sail and sign card work for a different room? It's so confusing!:confused:

Thanks in advance!

:cool:Kolby you could have asked on the Crazies thread!!:) Mach has the answer!!:)

omg :eek: i did this one time and what a nightmare. Ill never do it again. I did it on NCL so my dad could get a past guest rate. When the onboard credits came....he got them and there was a big mix up to get them back. We did get them back ,but alot of stuff got mixed up. My dads card opened me and my husbands door and my card opened his door. You can fix it, but i bet you wont do it again. Me and my family had an argument over it.:eek: No one had any privacy. The credit cards should not be a problem, just sign the ones you are responsible for.

the only bad thing is none of the rooms are next to each other and I have heard people say that if two minors are in a room then there parents have to be next to them or across the hall from them. does anyone know if this is true

they dont check that, but remember you are responsible for what is done in that room. Whoevers name is on it.

For kids= you will just carry an extra room key.

Pursers desk will not switch up the sign and sail cards. (had that done now three times)

your sign and sail cards are tied to a folio number- since you are kids-- it will be tied to a parents card--or with cash. Even though you are sleeping in another room- the card is yours. it is tied to another room but you can still use it

this is the reason why you cant get our sign and sail card switched up== you will sk for extra cabin keys

When you all check in, just tell them who will be in which room...that way, everyone gets the right "keys" from the get-go.

They don't care who sleeps where...they do this "an adult must be in the room" thing, for booking purposes only...they want to make sure adults are actually sailing with the kids....

They checked for this on the Splendor but we had adjoining cabins.

Just ask for extra room keys. They will be labeled 'Mr(s) Room Key.

Thanks for the help everyone! :D We got our rooms switched so they are next to each other. So we are just going to go to the pursers desk and get new cards printed. It's nice to get this sorted out!

Thanks for the help! :D

please report back how it all worked out.

Reading this thread, I assume that anybody can go to the desk and get an extra card for their room to give to a travelling companion (who is in a different room)? Does that give the person the ability to charge to your room? Or can you block that option on that card only?

I ask because I'd like to give my friend (who has a small interior cabin she is sharing with another friend) access to my balcony (wrap aft - need I say more?) but I likely won't be hearing her when she knocks on my door if I'm out on my balcony. I don't want her to be able to charge to my room because I fear she'll mix up the two cards by accident (I definitely trust her not to do it on purpose, just that she might not look at which card is which when using it).

So, can they print up an extra for me to give my friend? Or is it just for ppl with kids?

Reading this thread, I assume that anybody can go to the desk and get an extra card for their room to give to a travelling companion (who is in a different room)? Does that give the person the ability to charge to your room? Or can you block that option on that card only?

I ask because I'd like to give my friend (who has a small interior cabin she is sharing with another friend) access to my balcony (wrap aft - need I say more?) but I likely won't be hearing her when she knocks on my door if I'm out on my balcony. I don't want her to be able to charge to my room because I fear she'll mix up the two cards by accident (I definitely trust her not to do it on purpose, just that she might not look at which card is which when using it).

So, can they print up an extra for me to give my friend? Or is it just for ppl with kids?

yes - that is what is recommended for this 'current situation' - you just get ROOM cards and not S&S cards - so they only open the door but have no other charging capabilities. When we travelled with our kids - they were in the cabin next door - each had their own S&S card, but we had a 'cabin' key card so we could get into their cabin as required!

Reading this thread, I assume that anybody can go to the desk and get an extra card for their room to give to a travelling companion (who is in a different room)? Does that give the person the ability to charge to your room? Or can you block that option on that card only??

sign and sail cards are the only card with charging privileges. Each sign and sail card has a folio number that is tied to a credit card/cash. Getting an extra room key will have no purpose but to open the door to your cabin.

Simply go to the pursers desk and they can take care of it for you. When you book there is to be someone 25 yrs. old in each cabin. Carnival will let you change it once you are on the ship.

I'd be curious to know if you get new sign and sail cards when you do this or only room keys Especially since the OP is taking a friend.

I have seen new S&S cards issued, even when the holder does not have charging priviledges. As I posted earlier, it causes an issue with the security photo, but that gets fixed when returning from the first port.

The simple way to do all this if the minors don't have charging priviledge is to just get a "room only" card made, but all parties from all cabins have to be present to do that.

There is also the issue of whether you want the minor to be able to open your cabin at any time, so often it is better to have the S&S redone the way you want it.

Archived