Windjammer hours?

5inthefamily

Typical hours for the WJ are

6-7AM for WJ verandah (not main) area for hot drinks, juice and light snacks (pastry, muffins, donutes, etc.)

7-11AM for breakfast

noon-3PM for lunch

4-5PM for snacks

6:30-9PM for supper

In my experience the main area of the WJ doesn't close between 7AM and 9PM but do change the offerings between the hours above.

When the WJ is closed for the changeover to the next meal, are there other options for a meal?

Example: WJ closed between 11am-Noon, anywhere one could get lunch at 11:30am?

SeaView Cafe, Room Service on the Jewel Billie 111

When the WJ is closed for the changeover to the next meal, are there other options for a meal?

Example: WJ closed between 11am-Noon, anywhere one could get lunch at 11:30am?

As I stated in the above post, the WJ doesn't really close between the hours above but the food being offered changes so at just after 11AM the staff will start removing breakfast items and replacing them with lunch items. They usually start with one side so the other side still will have the previous period items. Between 11AM and noon it is more like a brunch with both breakfast and lunch items which are constantly changing so the closer to noon you are there the more likely there will be lunch selections.

SeaView Cafe, Room Service on the Jewel Billie 111

Seaview typical hours are noon to 3PM for lunch and 9PM to 1AM for snacks. It doesn't usually open for dinner (supper).

Our experience has been that even between full meal service, there is something....fruit, cookies, etc...

There's always room service, if you can't plan your meals around the "open" hours of any of the eateries!

Totally agree. It may seem like the Windjammer is "closed" from the standpoint that is is basically empty of pax, but they always have something available. (I still never have "gone hungary" on a cruise:eek:)

Totally agree. It may seem like the Windjammer is "closed" from the standpoint that is is basically empty of pax, but they always have something available. (I still never have "gone hungary" on a cruise:eek:)

You are correct in what I think your meaning is. However, people should not read your post and misinterpret the word "always" . The Windjammer closes between 9-9:30PM and it is CLOSED. You can't get back in there until around 6AM.

You are correct in what I think your meaning is. However, people should not read your post and misinterpret the word "always" . The Windjammer closes between 9-9:30PM and it is CLOSED. You can't get back in there until around 6AM.

So sorry, thank you for the clarification, you were very gentle...much appreciated;)

Thanks for all the answers! As we are late-night people, and usually are looking for a bite to eat between 11pm and midnight, where is there to go? We'll be on the Mariner in November.

Small sandwiches and sweets (cookies, cakes, etc) are available at the coffee shop on the Royal Promenade as well as Pizza at Sorrento's (also on the RP).

Coffee Shop is open 24/7 and Sorrento's is open until 3am I believe

Thanks for all the answers! As we are late-night people, and usually are looking for a bite to eat between 11pm and midnight, where is there to go? We'll be on the Mariner in November.

Cafe Promenade is open 24 hours and has a selection of desserts, sandwiches and pizzas, all included with your cruise fare. Johnny Rockets is open til midnight most evenings, but there is a $4.95 service charge.

Small sandwiches and sweets (cookies, cakes, etc) are available at the coffee shop on the Royal Promenade as well as Pizza at Sorrento's (also on the RP).

Coffee Shop is open 24/7 and Sorrento's is open until 3am I believe

There is no Sorrento's on Mariner or any of the other Voyager class ships.

Archived