Liberty/Freedom Diamond Plus last week's cruises?

39august

Were the Diamond + cruisers on Liberty and Freedom last week allowed to use the Diamond lounge or did they have to use the Concierge Lounge? I booked Liberty expressly for the great Diamond Lounge back in 2008. Now I fear since the rules changed, I will not be able to enjoy the Diamond Lounge in 2 weeks.

No Diamond + cruisers back yet?!

Apparently the D+ cruisers aren't also CC members. There is still hope for CCers returning from Freedom though since she just returned this morning. Many people are still traveling and returning home. Maybe by tomorrow........I hope so anyway.

When did the rules change, I was just on Liberty three weeks ago and could use either lounge....I am diamond plus and I was in the Royal suite. I did ask the concierge in the CL if diamond plus were allowed in the CL and he said No, they have to use the diamond/diamond plus lounge. So if the rules changed they changed in the past two weeks.

When did the rules change, I was just on Liberty three weeks ago and could use either lounge....I am diamond plus and I was in the Royal suite. I did ask the concierge in the CL if diamond plus were allowed in the CL and he said No, they have to use the diamond/diamond plus lounge. So if the rules changed they changed in the past two weeks.

That's right....they changed on Sept. 1.

Gina

Thanks Gina...

but I knew about that rule change...maybe I am miss understanding the OP...but I think the question is will diamond plus members be able to use the diamond lounge or have to go to the CL after Sept 1 rule change. So I thought maybe the OP read somewhere that that was a new rule...hense my question.

But the answer still is Diamond plus members are not permitted in the CL on Freedom class ships unless they are in a GS, OS, RS, RFS or Presidental suite. Diamond plus and diamond members will have access to the Diamond/Diamond plus Lounge on deck 14.

Sorry if I missunderstood.

Rev

I'm pretty sure I'm correct and here is why. I'm cruising again on the Liberty this October...so while I was on the Liberty last time (this August) I told Una, the diamond concierge that I would be contacting her regarding my up coming trip, as I did not wish to use both lounges only the diamond lounge. She knew I would be in a suite on this next cruise also. I told her I would only be using the diamond lounge because I did not like the policies that were in place in the CL at this time. She said that I could use either lounge and either concierge and there was no problem. She knew my cruise was after the September 1 date. I am certain she would have told me that I no longer had access to this lounge if it were true.

Also why would they call it the diamond/diamond plus lounge if this is not the case. Where did you get your information before you spoke with C&A.

As you know, we made changes to our Crown & Anchor® program in

April of this year that went into effect September 1, 2009.

Here is a summary of our benefit changes:

• Diamond lounge access for Freedom of the Seas®, Liberty of

the Seas®, Independence of the Seas®, Oasis of the SeasSM

and Allure of the SeasSM.

º No change: The Diamond lounge on these ships will

continue to be open during regular hours with the

Diamond lounge concierge at your service. On Oasis of

the Seas we may expand to an additional lounge based

on demand.

No change would indicate to me that Diamond plus may use the diamond lounge...

(now this is new that the D+ are allowed in the CL on Freedom ships because before this I did not believe that they were.)

Perhaps the OP is confused because on ships that do not have a Diamond Lounge, Diamond plus members are permitted in the CL, examples: Navigator or Enchantment, but diamond members were not.

Sometimes I think even RCI doesn't know what the heck they are doing:D

I got my information from Adam Goldstein. He said the Diamond lounge has NO changes and that D+ are now allowed in the CL on Freedom class ships. This email to me was from last week and is posted on another thread.

Gina

I also received an e-mail from Adam stating that D+ have the use of BOTH Lounges.

I e-mailed because we have a stateroom by the Centrum elevator on the Indie and the lady I accompany is handicapped. Therefore, if we could not use the CL, for ease of use, I needed to change the stateroom to a forward one, in order to use the DL.

He informed me that we had the use of both.

I also received an e-mail from Adam stating that D+ have the use of BOTH Lounges.

I e-mailed because we have a stateroom by the Centrum elevator on the Indie and the lady I accompany is handicapped. Therefore, if we could not use the CL, for ease of use, I needed to change the stateroom to a forward one, in order to use the DL.

He informed me that we had the use of both.

:D

Now we can only hope that HE knows what he is talking about. LOL :eek:

Gina

Archived