Target per day prices for solo cruiser.

SISer

It would be my first time there and the ports look fantastic to me.:)

I am so used to doing the planning for places "I know".....if that

makes sense. These are all NEW!

I have not been to Europe in about 30 years:eek: and never

on a cruise and NEVER to Italy.

This should be an eye opening experience:D

Oh how wonderful and exciting.

the way they drive (and park) will certainly be an eye opener. Do not even contemplate hiring a car to drive in a city - it's complete mayhem - but great fun to observe!

Next week I'm going on a 5 night on RCCL out of San Diego, so short hop for me from AZ. With a senior rate, came out to $122 per night including all taxes and fees, with paid gratuities, for a balcony; I can't wait!

This will be my third solo cruise, my twenty something cruise. I'll be missing my husband, but it will bring back many fond memories.

I'm now looking at cruises and thinking 'we would have paid that for the two of us, so if I have to pay more than half what it would have been, I'm worth it'. I know he wouldn't want me to stay home........

I'm certain that is exactly what he will be thinking. Have a wonderful time.

The NCL Spirit is doing a repo from Boston to New Orleans. They are advertising an inside cabin on Nov 15th 2009 for $399. I know NCL has a huge single supplement of 200%. However, it appears that the total cost will be around $845. That appears to be a bargain.

The only problem that I am having is the fear of traveling on a cruise boat alone. It worries me that people might feel sorry for me which is not what I want. Have other solo people had the same fears.

Repos seem to have lowest SS. They have only one cruise to sell. My way of looking at supplements is value; What is singles addon over lowest found sale price? I think todays Recession situation will produce best Singles rates in history. And so many exciting cruises compared to say 10 yrs. ago. I am going to do HA/South Pacific in 2011, by myself if necessary.

The NCL Spirit is doing a repo from Boston to New Orleans. They are advertising an inside cabin on Nov 15th 2009 for $399. I know NCL has a huge single supplement of 200%. However, it appears that the total cost will be around $845. That appears to be a bargain.

The only problem that I am having is the fear of traveling on a cruise boat alone. It worries me that people might feel sorry for me which is not what I want. Have other solo people had the same fears.

Hi:) the price of 845.00 total is very good.

As for your fear? If you take a few minutes out and read some of

the threads on here you will find differening views on the subject.

I will tell you I sail solo all the time and it is the best way for me

to travel:D.....I don't worry what people think anymore (especially

about how I travel;)) and most folks on cruiseships are quite nice.

I still get the "you are so brave" remarks but that is just the way

people are sometimes.

I am 51 years old and If I don't go on my own I would never go and

that is not an option for me...I have a cruisebug inside my genes:D

I just got back from another solo cruise on Monday. It was my

3rd trip to Alaska and it was FABULOUS!!!

Feeling sorry for me?..that is the last thing anyone has to worry about.

I have another cruise booked for January and now I am trying to plan

my first cruise to the Med one year from now.

If you look at my signature you will see many cruises listed. All of them

but 2 were solo and so you can see I love going on my own.

Go and have a wonderful time:)

Hi:) the price of 845.00 total is very good.

As for your fear? If you take a few minutes out and read some of

the threads on here you will find differening views on the subject.

I will tell you I sail solo all the time and it is the best way for me

to travel:D.....I don't worry what people think anymore (especially

about how I travel;)) and most folks on cruiseships are quite nice.

I still get the "you are so brave" remarks but that is just the way

people are sometimes.

I am 51 years old and If I don't go on my own I would never go and

that is not an option for me...I have a cruisebug inside my genes:D

I just got back from another solo cruise on Monday. It was my

3rd trip to Alaska and it was FABULOUS!!!

Feeling sorry for me?..that is the last thing anyone has to worry about.

I have another cruise booked for January and now I am trying to plan

my first cruise to the Med one year from now.

If you look at my signature you will see many cruises listed. All of them

but 2 were solo and so you can see I love going on my own.

Go and have a wonderful time:)

Thanks for the encouragement. If work lets me go, then I will probadly book the trip at next week. I have always wanted to go back to Belize and Guatemala. These were my favorite ports when I traveled on the NCL Sun about 4 years ago. Most of my last few vacations have been visiting family either in the USA or Scotland. It is time for me to actually take a real vacation for ME.

I don't know if this has been already mentioned, but as a solo cruiser, I add up the entire cost of the cruise, with insurance, taxes, etc. If there's airfare, I add that and for a 14-day cruise I add $1500 for the bar bill and other purchases. Then I divide by the number of days. If for all of that I can keep the price under $400 per day, it's worth it to me. And I really use the ship. .....I'm not into the ports too much, so the cruise IS the destination for me. Enjoy, everybody! Jini

I just booked my first solo cruise on the Carnival Elation 15 day repo cruise next April from San Diego to Mobile AL, thru the canal, and it comes out to be about $120 per day for a 1A...I thought that was an excellent price. They are disembarking in Tampa and then the next day in Mobile. I may choose to disembark in Tampa, since it looks like flights are cheaper to get home to Seattle from there.

I am booked to sail on a 7-day cruise out of Miami in January. The price of my cabin (for 1) was $538. With taxes that comes to $601. I booked 6 months out in order to nab a 1A with 2 port holes. :D I did not use the early saver program to book this cruise because it was within $20 of the regular pricing. I consider this a bargain. When looking at many 5 day cruises with similar itineraries, the total price was within $100.

I have noticed that the single supplement prices vary a lot from cruise to cruise even on the same cruise line. In order to find a bargain, you have to be willing to spend the time to shop. :rolleyes:

WOW! Great Deal. I snagged a 1A with 2 port holes, 7 day Southern Caribbean out of San Juan for $680 total.

Well, I finally plucked up the courage to go sol. This afternoon, I booked up a cruise on the NCL Spirit of New Orleans. It certainly made me feel very nervous about booking it up. It took me over an hour to actually book online.

Congratulations. I'm sure you will ha a great time. I was unbelievably nervous about what I'd done right up until the moment I set foot on the ship. It was also my first cruise. fortunately it was a late booking so I only had 5 weeks to stew and wonder whether I'd been insane or not!

Congratulations. I'm sure you will ha a great time. I was unbelievably nervous about what I'd done right up until the moment I set foot on the ship. It was also my first cruise. fortunately it was a late booking so I only had 5 weeks to stew and wonder whether I'd been insane or not!

Thanks for the encouragement. I am not feeling as nervous as the first night after booking this solo cruise. Yesterday, I found out that I have sleep apnea and will spend another night in the sleep lab with a CPAP. Booking this cruise was a last minute decision to see if I can relieve some of my life stresses, high blood pressure and now sleep issues.

I had a good time on the NCL Sun a few years ago. In fact, I was very sad the day after getting off the cruise as it felt like you were leaving your 2nd family behind.

I try to keep it under $200/day. I just booked a 4 day out of N'awlins on Triumpt in November for $409 including taxes & insurance. I have a 1A cabin. I can drive down so add in gas & grat. I have a 10 day booked in February Celebrity Equinox which is about $360/day not including air & 1 nights hotel. I have an aft balcony.

I try to keep it under $200/day. I just booked a 4 day out of N'awlins on Triumpt in November for $409 including taxes & insurance. I have a 1A cabin. I can drive down so add in gas & grat. I have a 10 day booked in February Celebrity Equinox which is about $360/day not including air & 1 nights hotel. I have an aft balcony.

You certainly got a good price on the Triumph. NCL charges about 200% for solo cruisers. Next year, I might travel on the Carnival Elation which is supposed to move to Mobile, AL. This port is s straight 360 mile drive South of where I live.

I did a solo cruise to the Western Mediterranean in September.

Who cares about what people who you don't know think? Are you ever going to see these people again?

Sorry, but if you worry about what other people are thinking you're going to wake up one day, saying, should have would have etc.

You can come and go as you please. Want to have dinner early? Go ahead. Don't like the show that night? You can leave in the middle.

Trust me, some women are going to be jealous that you're able to travel alone.

Enjoy yourself!!!

Who cares about what people who you don't know think? Are you ever going to see these people again?

Sorry, but if you worry about what other people are thinking you're going to wake up one day, saying, should have would have etc.

You can come and go as you please. Want to have dinner early? Go ahead. Don't like the show that night? You can leave in the middle.

Enjoy yourself!!!

Thanks for the info. You are correct in saying that you will never see these people again. A friend at work, who cruises a lot, told me a few days ago that she has gone solo on several cruises. she said that she enjoyed all of these trips. She is going to try it again since her husband is tiring of cruising and only wants to do one per year. she likes to do about 2 or3 per year which is making her think about going solo on a few of them.

I am starting to look forward to cruising by myself. The main reason for the cruise to to get some need "Rest and Relaxation" from work. It has been a hard few months as I have been told that I now have high blood pressure and mild sleep apnea.

Enjoy yourself!!!

Thanks for the info. You are correct in saying that you will never see these people again. A friend at work, who cruises a lot, told me a few days ago that she has gone solo on several cruises. she said that she enjoyed all of these trips. She is going to try it again since her husband is tiring of cruising and only wants to do one per year. she likes to do about 2 or3 per year which is making her think about going solo on a few of them.

I am starting to look forward to cruising by myself. The main reason for the cruise to to get some need "Rest and Relaxation" from work. It has been a hard few months as I have been told that I now have high blood pressure and mild sleep apnea.

• 1 month later...

I've booked a cruise with Costa to the far East out of Singapore for next April. The cruise is 14 days and the cost including port charges and taxes come to $135 a day for a single inside cabin, if it were booked double occupancy it would be $110 for inside so I think this is a pretty good deal. As for the flight I have fidelity points with an Airline so it's only costing me taxes and fuel supplement, so not that much. I always try to compare the difference between single and double occupancy as to a certain cabin category and usually that's where I see if it's a good deal. :)

I am booked to sail on a 7-day cruise out of Miami in January. The price of my cabin (for 1) was $538. With taxes that comes to $601. I booked 6 months out in order to nab a 1A with 2 port holes. :D I did not use the early saver program to book this cruise because it was within $20 of the regular pricing. I consider this a bargain. When looking at many 5 day cruises with similar itineraries, the total price was within $100.

I have noticed that the single supplement prices vary a lot from cruise to cruise even on the same cruise line. In order to find a bargain, you have to be willing to spend the time to shop. :rolleyes:

Which ships have porthole 1A?

Which ships have porthole 1A?

I believe all of the Carnival ships have 1A's with portholes. They're located far forward on the Main and Riviera decks. Only a few ships have the window cabins at the rear, and some of those have been reclassified as 6Bs.

The best way to find one is to do a faux booking to see what's available.

Archived