New Diamond Benefits-a report

mpbmark

[quote name='truffles2']We are just back from the first Freedom cruise since the new [I]policy[/I] went into effect. Diamond plus members were only allowed in the Diamond Lounge--not in the Concierge Lounge. Someone had posted earlier before we left that C&A told them "diamond plus members could go wherever they wanted". Not so. I asked Willie if that was fleet wide or on a ship-by-ship basis and he said fleet wide. The Diamond lounge held about 40 comfortably. There were 68 D+ on board and over 200 Diamond. They opened Cloud Nine (holds about 30 comfortably). Since we went to the D lounge nightly, I don't know where everyone else went. I did not witness anyone pitching a "hissy fit" about anything so I guess it went OK. The P, D, D+ brunch was held the last day at 930 for breakfast/brunch. We were not able to go but the feedback from someone who did was less than desirable. No bloody Marys, no mimosas, no officers or CD and no reports on anything, and lackluster food was the report we heard.[/quote]

HMMMMMMMMM, we were on the Sept 13th sailing of the Freedom and had a different experience. In fact I came on CC while on the FOS to report about the CL. Yes we were allowed in as D+. On our card keys for DL at the bottom it sayes "This card entitles your stateroom party to the Ice Show" as your tickets.
The breakfast which we attended did indeed have mimosas, but no bloody marys. I did see officers sitting at tables, but not at our small 4 topper. No one left hungry.

[quote name='CruisesOnMyMind']HMMMMMMMMM, we were on the Sept 13th sailing of the Freedom and had a different experience. In fact I came on CC while on the FOS to report about the CL. Yes we were allowed in as D+. On our card keys for DL at the bottom it sayes "This card entitles your stateroom party to the Ice Show" as your tickets.
The breakfast which we attended did indeed have mimosas, but no bloody marys. I did see officers sitting at tables, but not at our small 4 topper. No one left hungry.[/quote]

Glad you had a better experience. I'm sure it took/will take a few cruises to get everything worked out.

We are just off the JEWEL yesterday and are very pleased with the new "Diamond Event" We met in the Hollywood Odyssey lounge on deck 13, lovely room with large windows. Wine and champagne were unlimited. Yes there was trail mix and we did miss the Hor D'ourves but found the smaller crowds to make up for that and do we really need more to eat?.

We checked out the diamond breakfast but the room was empty. I doubt if it was utilized at all.

This new policy frees us to sail on all the RCI ships. Thank you RCI!

[quote name='goodboy']We are just off the JEWEL yesterday and are very pleased with the new "Diamond Event" We met in the Hollywood Odyssey lounge on deck 13, lovely room with large windows. Wine and champagne were unlimited. Yes there was trail mix and we did miss the Hor D'ourves but found the smaller crowds to make up for that and do we really need more to eat?.

We checked out the diamond breakfast but the room was empty. I doubt if it was utilized at all.

This new policy frees us to sail on all the RCI ships. Thank you RCI![/quote]

When our group cruises in February - we plan on ordering from room service or going to the cafe and we will bring our own Hor D"Dourves.

[quote name='CruisesOnMyMind']HMMMMMMMMM, we were on the Sept 13th sailing of the Freedom and had a different experience. In fact I came on CC while on the FOS to report about the CL. Yes we were allowed in as D+. On our card keys for DL at the bottom it sayes "This card entitles your stateroom party to the Ice Show" as your tickets.
The breakfast which we attended did indeed have mimosas, but no bloody marys. I did see officers sitting at tables, but not at our small 4 topper. No one left hungry.[/QUOTE]We sailed on the Aug. 30 FOS cruise (not affected by the changes in Diamond benefits). We did indeed have Mimosa's (can't remember if I had 2) at the Diamond/Platinium breakfast and had 2 officers sit with us.

We are takeing the TA ,Nov 5th on the Equinox & the perks we will receive are great .go to [url]www.celebrity.com[/url] & click on Captain's Club & read all about it.

When we sail again on the Radiance we simply will accept the diamond perks . We are takeing a 11 night cruise in a balcony cabin & saveing over $2000 against a 15 night holland America cruise & we get the diamond perks as a treat .

All in all we are not disappointed in how we are being treated

Archived