Princess MiniSuites

captainron

Royal Caribbean did not have one either and from the pics we thought there was one but it did not move and was a partial one to hide the person's face on the sofa bed. Just a simple thing like a curtain to divide the room with 2 TV's is simple for them to correct especially when not everyone is on the same schedule as far as sleeping and wanting to watch TV.

Why does Princess not have a curtain to draw between the sitting and sleeping areas in their minisuites, as none are visible in any photos.

Inside cabins on Carnival's older ships had them (Paradise, Elation etc).

Ciao for now!!!

We had a minisuite on Sun Princess and there is a curtain between the two areas.

It can be drawn back against the wall and not be visible from the sitting area.

The curtain is made of a heavy velour type fabric and excellent in blocking out light and TV for the early sleepers. Although I do wear earplugs due to DH snoring and the air conditioner noise so I don't hear a thing.

cheers

It is a shame (I agree) that they did not design the minis on the larger ships with a curtain to close off the sitting area from the sleeping area, I totally agree there, since most minis are set up to sleep three or four. But with that split middle section (where the two TV's and desk are), it seems almost impossible for any type of divider, that would look pleasing to the eye, to be installed after the fact. Not sure what they were thinking in this design at all.

It is also one reason we loved the minis on the Sun Class ships. But they are designed more like the full suites on the larger ships, so it was very easy to just set them up that way, therefore they do have a curtain to close off the two rooms where as Grand Class ships and larger it is almost impossible.

We had a minisuite on Sun Princess and there is a curtain between the two areas.

It can be drawn back against the wall and not be visible from the sitting area.

The curtain is made of a heavy velour type fabric and excellent in blocking out light and TV for the early sleepers. Although I do wear earplugs due to DH snoring and the air conditioner noise so I don't hear a thing.

cheers

Those mini suites on Sun Class ships are considered suites on Grand Class ships and have curtains too.

Open letter to Princess Cruise Lines:

Reference: Previous postings on this subject thread

1. As you can see by the comments below on this thread, a very slight modification such as a thick curtain to the division between the living and sleeping areas of Grand Class mini-suites would rectify the observed problem and would:

a. provide privacy for those persons in a minisuite when the room is to be divided into two separate sleeping areas;

b. provide an environment more conducive to rest when one occupant of the stateroom wishes to go to bed while the other remains up to watch programming or read and

c. provide a more relaxed environment for stateroom occupants in their living quarters away from home.

It is hoped that this recommendation will be given some consideration to provide an extra means of comfort for those passengers who are trying to "Escape Completely" on the vessels of the Princess fleet.

Sincerely Yours,

Cruise Critic Members

Ciao for now!!!

I cannot imagine a mere curtain would give much privacy in the minis. And certainly, with the TVs mere inches from each other, cannot imagine two different channels going at the same time.

Karen

Karen, actually, the two TV's work quite well. I can be getting ready for the eveing and watch a movie at the desk, while DH is watching sports in the sitting area. As long as neither of us turn the TV up too loud, we have never had a problem with them both on at the same time.

The only problem with a curtain, these mini suites are not designed for this, too many knot holes where a curtain might go across. ;)

Multiply that times 17 ships and it ain't gonna happen. :)

Colo,

But Carnival already has them installed in the older vessels of the fleet (Inspiration, Fascination, Paradise etc). This could be a wet dock task and could be resolved by doing the task at hand on a vessel by vessel rotation basis.

Princess ships are definitely a more upscale fleet than the older Carnival vessels, and while yes there would be an initial outlay, the long term value added would be beneficial to passengers.

Ciao for now!!!

That plus the annoying light that comes in because of the inch high crack under the door....

I love the mini suite layout on the Sun Class ships far more than I do on the Grand Class ships and I would also welcome curtain dividers in the minis, but I don't think the cabin design allows for it and Princess probably wouldn't retrofit for that. Shame!

HAL has a curtain separating the sleeping area from the bathroom area and that gives a nice cosy feel at night.

Colo,

But Carnival already has them installed in the older vessels of the fleet (Inspiration, Fascination, Paradise etc). This could be a wet dock task and could be resolved by doing the task at hand on a vessel by vessel rotation basis.

Princess ships are definitely a more upscale fleet than the older Carnival vessels, and while yes there would be an initial outlay, the long term value added would be beneficial to passengers.

Ciao for now!!!

Sounds great on paper......

The way I look at it is they can't get the little things completed during dry dock. Carpeting/TV's/fixing worn out bathrooms etc. I doubt there going to add to their burden by installing thousands of curtains. JMO.

I love the mini suite layout on the Sun Class ships far more than I do on the Grand Class ships and I would also welcome curtain dividers in the minis, but I don't think the cabin design allows for it and Princess probably wouldn't retrofit for that. Shame!

I think we all vote for the Sun Class minis, as said, they are designed more like the full suites on the larger ships, minus the wet bar in the AC's.

But having Princess find a way to add a curtain to the Grand Class minis to seperate the sleeping/sitting area would make them look awkward, and not appealing to the eye at all, as a curtain would be stuck out from the side wall. Yes, I feel they would be much more functional, but the looks would be another matter entirely as these minis were not designed to be seperated.

Archived