What to do in the MORNING in Key West?

RQINFL

Grandeur docks at the Westin Pier so you will just walk off between the Westin entrance and the Customs House (the large red brick bldg with the red roof) then walk to the left left on Front Street two short blocks to Duval. The total distance is just a few hundred yards.

Mike:)

Does anyone have any definitive information regarding Sunday drinking laws? I just realized our cruise will arrive in Key West on a Sunday morning. Really looking forward to some Bloody Marys. :rolleyes:

Dry till noon on Sunday except at the Conch Flyer in the airport.

Pjk

THanks for your replies. Are there any bars that open early to grab a mimosa or bloody mary?

I like the Schooner Wharf Bar and it does open early. I found this on their website http://www.schoonerwharf.com/

NOW SERVING BREAKFAST on the Bight

7am - 11am Monday through Saturday

Full Menu Featuring

Pancakes - Fresh Fruit - Granola - Omelets

Breakfast Sandwiches - Apple wood Smoked Bacon

Jimmy Dean Sausage & MORE!!!

The nearest place to the pier will be the CVS pharmacy right there on Front Street.

Mike:)

Thanks so much Mike. Key West is the only port I am getting very excited about for our March cruise. (the other ports we are staying onboard)

Been stressing about what to do because of course I want to do it all.

Walk to the Southernmst Point for photo ops, and check out the ocean. The Butterfly and Nature Conservatory opens at 9 and is well worth the admission. There are many restaurants and bars on Duval. LaTeDa has good food and a nice setting. Smathers beach is okay as well.

Thanks so much Mike. Key West is the only port I am getting very excited about for our March cruise. (the other ports we are staying onboard)

Been stressing about what to do because of course I want to do it all.

The key in key west is to just RELAX. You can easily enjoy Key West even if you don't have a set plan in place. Worst case, just wander around Duval, and enjoy the laid back atmosphere. If you walk past a bar with a good band/singer, stop and enjoy a drink. When you see some good food, eat some. Want to see the southernmost point? Head south...

My wife and I frequently visit Key West, and aside from boating trips, we rarely book anything ahead of time. There's plenty to see/do, and everything is walking distance in the old town area.

We have been to Key West and the Keys in general many times. The last resort (Key West) has never been our last resort. It is on our list of first resorts. We love it there. The fishing, the people, the beaches, Duval street and the clubs.

What a great place to be. And on Sunday the town does not sell Alcohol until 12. If you arrive on a Saturday you probably wont be getting out of bed until 12 on Sunday. And if you need booze before 12 on any given day you should call your sponsor. :eek:

• 1 month later...
We were thinking about snorkeling while in KW. Any thoughts?

Most of the cruise ships deal with Fury which has two boats that board right at the docks...

http://www.furycat.com/key-west/snorkeling.htm

There are coupons available for 10 % off but I'm not sure you can use them if you book with the ship. You could book on-line yourself, use the coupon, and probably with people who booked through the ship.

A similar boat, big catamaran, is the Sebago which is maybe 15 minutes from the dock at the Key West Bight

http://www.keywestsebago.com/snorkeling.php

You will probably have fewer people on this trip as they don't specifically solicit cruisers.

IMO a morning shorkel would be better since you would get back in time for a little more exploring and back to the ship. These trips usually board at 9:30 for a 10:00 departure. Back about 1:00 - 1:30.

Pjk

Thanks for the info. We'll probably go with Sebago in the morning. We dock at 7am. That should give us plenty of time even if we should be delayed. I would like to book on-line to save money but worry about bad weather. I mean, what if there's bad weather, do they reimburse?

Thanks for the info. We'll probably go with Sebago in the morning. We dock at 7am. That should give us plenty of time even if we should be delayed. I would like to book on-line to save money but worry about bad weather. I mean, what if there's bad weather, do they reimburse?

If the weather is bad and they don't go and you cannot reschedule they will reimburse you. In the fine print of most of these trips, Danger, Sebago, etc. is a money back guarentee even if you go and you are not completely satisfied with the trip.

Pjk

Archived