Elite members in Michael's Club

lawk

Hi Marlene, Have a fantastic time on your cruise. We always went to Michaels after we got ready. Just made it more relaxing ,we had our cocktails and then danced at the Rendevous til dinner. I am still singing and dancing around the house

I will also change into proper attire so we can participate in the cocktail hour in the Michaels Club.

Leaving tomorrow for the Panama Canal and I can't wait!!!!

marlene

TOMORROW - OMG!!! I can't believe it's here already. Marlene I hope you and Don have a wonderful time on Infinity. If Dravco is at the Martini Bar tell him I said hi. I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. We should try to get together soon.

Anne Maria

I am really looking forward to this new perk. We are late seating, but don't care when the hours are, nor do we want to go there in bathing suits. (No room is that far, that we cannot get back to it to put on a pair of slacks etc. instead of shorts or whatever.) The time in between Michael's closing and late seating dining gives us a chance to go (stagger?:eek:) back to the room and change for dinner into a suit etc. We want to be in the Rendez-vous Lounge before dinner anyway, in order to dance a little, which is our favourite thing to do on board. Now, we hope that Michael's club might become our second favourite!! :rolleyes::)

As to why the hours are as they are: I expect that since Michael's club is mainly used as it was intended i.e. for night time entertainment, that there just isn't time to extend the hours for the Elite perk, and still get the place ready for the entertainer. (We attended a late afternoon gathering for something on Constellation, and shortly after it was over, Perry Grant eventually asked us chatting laggards to leave so that he could get ready for his act... and this was quite a bit before he was scheduled to perform.)

Bill

We thoroughly enjoyed all the CC events we attended on the Solstice - Thank You Rhonda the charming CC hostess. Unfortunately there is so much to do, and so many option it is just not possble to do everything! We just have to go on another cruise!!

I'm pretty sure that there was a 'no shorts, no swimwear policy for the michaels club event each evening. Please Celebrity continue as it is! You are certainly on the right track with elite perks!

I am really looking forward to this new perk. We are late seating, but don't care when the hours are, nor do we want to go there in bathing suits. (No room is that far, that we cannot get back to it to put on a pair of slacks etc. instead of shorts or whatever.) The time in between Michael's closing and late seating dining gives us a chance to go (stagger?:eek:) back to the room and change for dinner into a suit etc. We want to be in the Rendez-vous Lounge before dinner anyway, in order to dance a little, which is our favourite thing to do on board. Now, we hope that Michael's club might become our second favourite!! :rolleyes::)

As to why the hours are as they are: I expect that since Michael's club is mainly used as it was intended i.e. for night time entertainment, that there just isn't time to extend the hours for the Elite perk, and still get the place ready for the entertainer. (We attended a late afternoon gathering for something on Constellation, and shortly after it was over, Perry Grant eventually asked us chatting laggards to leave so that he could get ready for his act... and this was quite a bit before he was scheduled to perform.)

Bill

Hi Bill:)it worked out well for me, Pat and Cliff (2Canucks).

Maybe on an Alaskan Cruise the feel of it is different. I mean,

I eat late too but was back to the ship by 4-4:30 even on excursion

days and so went at that time.

We had drinks, hor'dorves and chatted~enjoyed a relaxing

time.

I also know we had very few people attending so our service was

REALLY personalized:D

Glenn (the Main Man on Mercury in Michael's Club) is fabulous.

Now, maybe on much longer sailings, with lots more elite members

it will have a different feel to it. I am sailing on SUMMIT in January

to the Caribbean and will be able to do my own comparison.

I was very pleased with what was offered...4:00pm worked

fine for me and I hope you enjoy yourselves too:D

Do they offer a Captain's Club event on 4 night cruises? It sounds really nice.

Hi Aggie, good question!:)

The short cruises won't start till fall/winter so we should find out

something at that time:)

Century is doing short ones when she comes back from Europe.

Thanks for all the good advice. Celebrity is giving us a gift, say thank you. There are no entitlements and gifts should receive a thank you not directions on how to do it more to anyone's liking.

"Ditto"

I cannot believe people are so ungrateful as to think they can tell the host when the party should start so it doesn't interfere with their plans! I think it is wonderful we are getting this perk & I thank Celebrity in advance. They could nickel & dime us to death like the airlines, you know!

IMHO, of course!!!

Faith

"Ditto"

I cannot believe people are so ungrateful as to think they can tell the host when the party should start so it doesn't interfere with their plans! I think it is wonderful we are getting this perk & I thank Celebrity in advance. They could nickel & dime us to death like the airlines, you know!

IMHO, of course!!!

Faith

You go girl!!!! My sentiments exactly. It's a benefit, enjoy it and stop complaining!

Patty

I don't know that there were that many "complaints" on this thread. A few, but some constructive criticism for =X= to look at and possibly tweak. Looking forward to some (most) of the stuff, some just doesn't work for us. It is a huge leap from what that had before.

I am going to be cynical. These aren't "gifts". Its a marketing tool aimed at building brand loyalty. Someone did a comparison to airlines. Well, their most loyal customers don't pay luggage fees, get prefered seating, upgrades .... Same thing. You give your loyal customers things to keep coming back - its much cheaper than acquiring new customers.

Now having said that, would that any of these perks made a difference for us in booking the cruise: no way. We enjoy =X=. We also enjoy RCCL to a lesser extent. Probably jumping between the two would be more based on itinerary and price than anything else.

Celebrity is our line of choice. We love everything about the ship experience, ports are secondary. While the perks are nice, it's not why we sail with them. We will benefit from some, not from others. I think Celebrity is attempting to satisfy their repeat customers - its a step in the right direction.

Patty

I am going to be cynical. These aren't "gifts". Its a marketing tool aimed at building brand loyalty.

Obviously the price for these marketing tools are already built into the price. No one gives anything away for free - not even to the most loyal of customers. Everyone is in it for the money - the bottom line. My point is they don't have to do it at all so why are some not even giving it a chance to work before it has even started. There are some things I won't use like the Internet cause I am glad to be away from it on vacation. But I certainly am not going to suggest that X eliminate it or even put the thought in their minds just because it doesn't fit MY needs.

Just food for thought not to flame.

Faith

I am going to be cynical. These aren't "gifts". Its a marketing tool aimed at building brand loyalty.

Obviously the price for these marketing tools are already built into the price. No one gives anything away for free - not even to the most loyal of customers. Everyone is in it for the money - the bottom line. My point is they don't have to do it at all so why are some not even giving it a chance to work before it has even started. There are some things I won't use like the Internet cause I am glad to be away from it on vacation. But I certainly am not going to suggest that X eliminate it or even put the thought in their minds just because it doesn't fit MY needs.

Just food for thought not to flame.

Faith

They have comment sheets at the end of the cruise. And I know they monitor these boards. Why not make suggestions here?

That was the point I was trying to make. As well as not all gifts are as well received as others depending on the customer's - all of us - perspective. We'll never all agree on everything but I would hope that posting things here would help =X= tweak things to make it better for everyone.

Let's just not point fingers and say "love it or leave it". It doesn't help anything. That's not what Cruise Critic is all about IMHO.

Archived