Elite members in Michael's Club

lawk

I've seen differing opinions, can you recommend who to tip? When? How much? This is assuming you go every day for a pre-dinner drink, and occasionally in the morning. Thanks.

Hi, I was there almost every day:) and at the end of the cruise

I gave something to the main bartender who helped me all week:)

He was really more than just a bartender though. He always

served the hor'dorves and was a big part of what made my time

there so enjoyable:D

As for how much? That is always such a personal thing......

From what I have read, I believe that they are unlimited. Insofar as the tipping is concerned, when on Royal, in the CL, I would figure how much I had saved with the free drinks; and, I then tipped about 25-33% of that amount. Now that I ponder this matter further, it was probably in the neighborhood of 50%.

I believe that this will be a refreshing thread, since virtually all elites tip properly; and hopefully we will not be subjected to the agonies projected by the minority of some folks, most of whom are not experienced cruisers, against tipping.

Hey Daphna, good too see you. I miss you. I wish we could cruise together again some day.

Speaking of cruising together - Lois whenever are we going to be on the same ship at the same time????

Anne Maria

Hey Honey,

Great seeing you. We definately need to cruise again together.

Odd to think its been 3 years since we have been in Russia, isnt it?

My brother Ari that had gone with us, just did the inaugural on the Equinox and loved it, to Israel and Egypt. It was he said almost as hot as it was when we all did Berlin.

How is Anthony?

Where is your Constellation going to in 2011. We decided we like the M's so much better than the new ships..

Hugs

Daph

p.s, spoke to Ellis and Dena yesterday, and Jim this week as well. Everyone is fine. Marcy is going on the Equinox too in a couple of weeks.

Hey Daphna, good too see you. I miss you. I wish we could cruise together again some day.

Speaking of cruising together - Lois whenever are we going to be on the same ship at the same time????

Anne Maria

Hi Anne Maria:) I think ya'll take longer cruises than I am able

to do....but hopefully one day:)

Back to the subject of tipping we were really confused as when to do it.We loved the Michaels Club Lounge for cappuchino in the morning and a couple of drinks before dinner.We were on the Millenium and the servers changed almost on a daily basis.For the future are people tipping for every drink or by cruise and how are you managing it?

Back to the subject of tipping we were really confused as when to do it.We loved the Michaels Club Lounge for cappuchino in the morning and a couple of drinks before dinner.We were on the Millenium and the servers changed almost on a daily basis.For the future are people tipping for every drink or by cruise and how are you managing it?

I am very interested in the responses to this thread as I never know how much to tip in such a situation and, also, when.

I don't think there's a definitive answer to this one. Different people will do different things. Personally I like Lois's idea of tipping at the end, but you may want to do it as you go along. As has been said it's a personal thing.

Phil

For what it is worth, when we are using the Diamond Lounge on RCCL we tip at the end. I will tip the bartenders who (there is usually 2) who made us drinks, after a day or two they will have your drink started as soon as they see you walk in. And here I agree with Lois on how much, it is up to the person.

Lois

Hi, just back from the solstice - just brilliant! I really liked Michael's bar in the evening for a wonderful Kir royale pre-dinner. It doesnt work quite as well for late seating I guess, it was a really nice social occasion.

When will we be sailing together again? We are doing Baltic in May 2010!

Love from Angie and Tony

Just off the Connie TA. There were so many Elite on board that they had to move to the Bar At the Edge of the Earth in the Evening. People started to arrive at 3:30 to get a seat. The majority of the guests on late seating felt the hours should have been extended , seemed geared to early seating. Five to eight would have been better for both groups. We were told they are still working out the kinks.

Lois

Hi, just back from the solstice - just brilliant! I really liked Michael's bar in the evening for a wonderful Kir royale pre-dinner. It doesnt work quite as well for late seating I guess, it was a really nice social occasion.

When will we be sailing together again? We are doing Baltic in May 2010!

Love from Angie and Tony

Hi Angie and Tony:)glad you had such a wonderful time.

I am trying to plan my first cruise to the Med next Sept on

Constellation. Wish me luck..lots of research:eek:

Wanna go?

Just off the Connie TA. There were so many Elite on board that they had to move to the Bar At the Edge of the Earth in the Evening. People started to arrive at 3:30 to get a seat. The majority of the guests on late seating felt the hours should have been extended , seemed geared to early seating. Five to eight would have been better for both groups. We were told they are still working out the kinks.

Hi:) every cruise is sooooooo different! I got home on Monday

from an Alaskan cruise on Mercury and we had (at the most)

8 people in the afternoons in Michael's Club:eek:

.......I believe that this will be a refreshing thread, since virtually all elites tip properly; and hopefully we will not be subjected to the agonies projected by the minority of some folks, most of whom are not experienced cruisers, against tipping.

One comment...ouch. !

I believe that this will be a refreshing thread, since virtually all elites tip properly; and hopefully we will not be subjected to the agonies projected by the minority of some folks, most of whom are not experienced cruisers, against tipping.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - Jen, which side of the pond do you think that was aimed at ;).

One comment...ouch. !

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - Jen, which side of the pond do you think that was aimed at ;).

Hi Malc, how are you ?

To answer your question, I am not sure it was aimed this side of the pond.

He [ jackdiamond] is just protecting himself from being " subjected to the agonies [ :eek: ] projected by the minority of some folks ".

It would seem these are people who do not elect, [ or maybe have ] enough cash to pay, as a tip , half the price of things they were given free.!

It would go without saying these less than 50% tippers would have to be Selects , or good grief, first time cruisers. :rolleyes:;)

Lois

Hi, just back from the solstice - just brilliant! I really liked Michael's bar in the evening for a wonderful Kir royale pre-dinner.Love from Angie and Tony

Good to hear from y'all, and glad you had a great cruise. We enjoyed Michael's Club very much. :)

Good to hear from y'all, and glad you had a great cruise. We enjoyed Michael's Club very much. :)

Texed, looks like we are both in the same "Enjoyed Michael's Club"

group:D

I was surprised to hear that there were only a few people in micheals for the drinks party. For our cruise the first cople of days were a little slow whilst people got oriented, after that the lounge was full every night.

Hi Tex and lois - hope to meet you both in there one day - that would be a cruise! (by the way another move forward is being able to order waffles in the main dining room for breakfast - now if they served those in Michaels in the morning..........

Angie

Hi:) every cruise is sooooooo different! I got home on Monday

from an Alaskan cruise on Mercury and we had (at the most)

8 people in the afternoons in Michael's Club:eek:

Eight people sounds like a crowd! On my July cruise on Mercury there was never more than six in Michael's Club, and I went every morning and every afternoon.

Add me to the "Enjoyed Michael's Club" list! This perk made my 13th cruise on Mercury among my most enjoyable ever. :)

Donald.

Archived