Beaches in Zhiuantenejo

Sunnymom02

This isn't a great photo.......and it might be a little difficult to read, but this is the menu from Paty's. This was taken on October 30, 2009......so keep that in mind if looking at it down the road. The menu, as well as the prices, could change. :)

patymenu.jpg

Thanks for posting! We're planning on coming here in March.

These prices are pesos? So a beer is (or at the time you took the picture) 20 pesos?? That's only $1.50 US! Wow!

I'm not a seafood eater, but my hubby will be happy! What all do you guys recommend to eat there?

La Ropa beach sounds soooooo nice!!! Did you take any pictures of the beach area?

Thanks for posting! We're planning on coming here in March.

These prices are pesos? So a beer is (or at the time you took the picture) 20 pesos?? That's only $1.50 US! Wow!

I'm not a seafood eater, but my hubby will be happy! What all do you guys recommend to eat there?

La Ropa beach sounds soooooo nice!!! Did you take any pictures of the beach area?

See my post #31 and yes, everything in Zihuatanejo is priced in pesos....

Wildrob, are you on Facebook? I've posted some pictures of the Spirit there, if you're interested (and some of our tour with Rudy).

Yes, prices at Paty's are listed in pesos. Very reasonable, too!

I have a few photos of the beach area. I took over 1,000 on this cruise, so it's time consuming to go through them. I will post a couple in the next few days. :)

We didn't snorkel but I wouldn't guess this would be a prime spot to do so. Someone else, with experience, might be able to answer that question for you.

For anyone interested......when you get off the tender you can walk to the right, through a little shopping area. There are crowded walkways to the right (between vendors) that will take you to the beach. If you have time, go! It smells fishy but it's a neat place to take pictures and to watch locals. Some were selling fish, some were working on things, and a lot were taking a siesta. :p It's almost like we stepped into another town.

I decided to run through some photos to share, since I know how it is when you're planning and excited. I don't post photos of myself or my family online, and since my DD was in most of my photos that I took at Paty's.....I don't have any great quality ones to share. I will post some, though.

This was taken when we first arrived in Zih. Paty's will be way over to the right....you cannot see it in this photo.

zihport.jpg

This is taken from Paty's. I'm directly in front of the restaurant taking this photo.

zihpatys.jpg

This photo was taken from the same location, only looking to the left.

zihpatys2.jpg

This photo was also taken from the same spot, only looking to the right.

zihscene2.jpg

This was available to rent, I believe. Nobody did while we were there, though.

zihboat1.jpg

And, here are a few photos that I took while in Zih.....

Taken near where the taxi dropped us off after visiting Paty's.

zihscene.jpg

Same area as above, only looking the other direction.

zihgreen.jpg

The beach near the shopping area that I mentioned above.

zihdockbe1.jpg

To help orient you a little......same beach area as above, but looking towards the dock area where the tender will drop you off.

zihdock.jpg

Wildrob, are you on Facebook? I've posted some pictures of the Spirit there, if you're interested (and some of our tour with Rudy).

Yes, prices at Paty's are listed in pesos. Very reasonable, too!

I have a few photos of the beach area. I took over 1,000 on this cruise, so it's time consuming to go through them. I will post a couple in the next few days. :)

We didn't snorkel but I wouldn't guess this would be a prime spot to do so. Someone else, with experience, might be able to answer that question for you.

For anyone interested......when you get off the tender you can walk to the right, through a little shopping area. There are crowded walkways to the right (between vendors) that will take you to the beach. If you have time, go! It smells fishy but it's a neat place to take pictures and to watch locals. Some were selling fish, some were working on things, and a lot were taking a siesta. :p It's almost like we stepped into another town.

Gumballz,

Thank you for the great pics!! These last 2 weeks are going to go soooo slow!!

I dont do the facebook myspace thing but my kid does. I could get him to access it?

How long did it take you to walk to Patys. We also were thinking about doing that. If I remember right, someone said there is a steep hill to climb?:eek:

Las Gatos beach is one of the greatest beaches that I've been on. Great Palapas restaurants serving some of the freshest fish ever. We had the most awesome pina colada ever. Then again, I'm sure that Los Ropas beach is great as well. Zihua is a great town, my absolute favorate place in all of the Mexican Riviera. I would go back in a heartbeat. Leave yourself plenty of time to stroll around town, it is absolutely charming. It's an old fishing village that has retained its charm.

No one should swim in the beach in town!!

Gumballz,

Thank you for the great pics!! These last 2 weeks are going to go soooo slow!!

I dont do the facebook myspace thing but my kid does. I could get him to access it?

How long did it take you to walk to Patys. We also were thinking about doing that. If I remember right, someone said there is a steep hill to climb?:eek:

See my post #25....will take you 20/30 minutes....

See my post #25....will take you 20/30 minutes....

Thanks Lardor!! I knew someone had a detailed description. I thought I had printed it, but when I looked in my file I couldnt find it. :eek:

I think there is a shopping area by the pier. Any idea what time they might open?

Larry, I will tell the staff at patys you and Doris said "hi".

This is a great thread! I plan to walk from the pier to work off some of that ship food. I am going to be there the day after Thanksgiving.

Is Playa La Ropa a snorkeling spot?

Were on the same ship:)

Playa Los Gatos is the place for snorkling in Zihaut

Is Playa Los Gatos or Isla Ixtapa more likely to have better snorkeling? We'll be there in about 2 1/2 weeks. :)

I havnt snorkleled over in Ixtapa. But I do prefer the area at Playa Los Gatos. I just like the natural laid back feeling of Zihaut. The snorkeling is nothing great compared to Belize/Cozumel or the Caymans but you see some small fish and there is a little barrier wall that keeps the waves out. And after you grab a lounger and have a cold beer with a great lunch while enjoying the great views of the bay with your ship in the middle

Enjoy which everone you decide

Ill be there 2 weeks from today:D

The snorkeling is nothing great compared to Belize/Cozumel

Well, I've been snorkeling in Belize and Cozumel and Cabo so I know that on that side the snorkeling isn't as good. But I'll enjoy it anyway. I'm not much of a beach bum...I'd rather be in the water so I might as well bring my snorkel gear. :)

Hope you enjoy your trip as well! I see we will be on the Miracle same time next year! I plan to spend a lot of time in the water on that one! :)

Thanks Lardor!! I knew someone had a detailed description. I thought I had printed it, but when I looked in my file I couldnt find it. :eek:

I think there is a shopping area by the pier. Any idea what time they might open?

Larry, I will tell the staff at patys you and Doris said "hi".

There are a few shops as you turn to the right after the pier....they seem to open or opening when a ship is in port around the time the tenders start arriving...the flea market, a couple of short blocks away, doesn't open very early, save this for your return from the beach...

Well, I've been snorkeling in Belize and Cozumel and Cabo so I know that on that side the snorkeling isn't as good. But I'll enjoy it anyway. I'm not much of a beach bum...I'd rather be in the water so I might as well bring my snorkel gear. :)

Hope you enjoy your trip as well! I see we will be on the Miracle same time next year! I plan to spend a lot of time in the water on that one! :)

You will enjoy Zihaut and Its always good to be snorkeling no matter where you are. Ill see if I can get some of the locals from Carlo scuba at Los Gatos to push some more fish in to your snorkle area :D

Awesome new Itinerary on the Miracle

Aruba is the only port on the Itinerary Ive been to and it was great. So I cant wait to go to the other places for the first time:)

No one should swim in the beach in town!!

lardor, I definitely wasn't recommending that anyone go in the water with this post. I was just saying that it was a good photo op. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear on that. The water was pretty nasty looking......with a yellow-green foam floating in some places.......not to mention the smell.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Archived