Our cruise price has gone down. Do we get it??

We booked Early Saver through Carnival and have seen our price drop twice in as many weeks. Our balance owed keeps getting adjusted. My understanding is that, even after final payment in Dec., any other price reductions we claim (in writing through the online form) will be put towards onboard credit. In reading other threads, I believe this only applies if you did Early Saver fares.

Happy travels!;)

Our cruise is with RCCL has anyone had experience with them in this regard? I really wish I could just call them but they seem to not want to talk to you if you booked through a TA and will only deal with them.

You may have answered your own question right there. Call your TA and start there. They can then call the cruise line.

Our cruise is with RCCL has anyone had experience with them in this regard? I really wish I could just call them but they seem to not want to talk to you if you booked through a TA and will only deal with them.

Seems confusing but YOU hired your TA to be your business agent. The cruiselines respect that and will only speak with your TA regarding any business dealings.

Just as if your place of work is union, the business will only speak with union reps regarding the employees contract

Klfrodo--Yes, I guess that is the reason. It just always seems more of a problem to go through a third person. I guess the answer to that is to do my own booking. We used to have a TA that made it clear that she had us booked now just go enjoy your trip and leave her alone. Now we have a very nice agent and I don't want to wear her out, lol. It seems like I am always contacting her having her do something for us to save us money. If you are on here doing research you come across things and she is the lucky one who gets to check it all out for me.

Thanks Bob, that's what I was wondering about. Sounds good it should save us quite a bit of money and I'll keep and eye on it as we still have four months before we sail.

You need to make sure you get on the horn with your TA and have the price drop applied now as the price can raise at any time. If your TA is reluctant to do this (reduction in base fare means reduction of commission), you might make it clear that you can book future travel on your own or with someone more interested in customer service.

I found the price drop this weekend and emailed her right away so hopefully it is still down tomorrow and she gets right on it. She is very nice it's just me after working with our last TA who wasn't nice at all about anything extra.

Islander, I went on the RCI web site and looked at our cruise and checked out the prices and found they had dropped.

It worked great for me. My DH and I got $300 off our cruise as did three other couples going with us. That will come in very handy on the cruise. I will continue to keep an eye on the prices until we leave. As I understand it you get the amount off your final payment until after the final payment has been made. After that you get any reduction in on board credit so worth the time to keep checking.

We had a signifant drop in our JS several weeks ago. We booked through Expedia. Hubby called Expedia rep (VERY NICE!)...she got RCCL on the horn. Told us they were issuing a credit to our CC for $340.00 WHOOT! Credit has already showed on our statement. In all honestly, I was quite surprised they didn't offer an OBC (we would have used it.... ;)) Just call whoever you booked through and they should be able to assist.

Best of luck and happy cruising!

We had a signifant drop in our JS several weeks ago. We booked through Expedia. Hubby called Expedia rep (VERY NICE!)...she got RCCL on the horn. Told us they were issuing a credit to our CC for $340.00 WHOOT! Credit has already showed on our statement. In all honestly, I was quite surprised they didn't offer an OBC (we would have used it.... ;)) Just call whoever you booked through and they should be able to assist.

Best of luck and happy cruising!

Oh, and I should have mentioned that the original full price of $2100 has already been charged to our Visa, so we still received a credit, even though we had already paid the cruise in full.

Hi, We have never cruised before. I have been looking at web sites and CC.

Should I book with a TA? I am looking at the Carribbean Princess for April 4, 2010.

It is higher than April 11 sailing for some reason. If I book now for 7 days on the 4th out of san juan and the price lowers, will I receive the lower rate? Is a 14 day cruise a better deal? The balcony upgrades seem to have disappeared for these sailings. Time of year? I have booked time on St John, USVI and we want to sail at the end of our stay. We would be in the islands for about 6 weeks..

Any suggestions from anyone would be very much appreciated! Thank you!:confused::confused:

Archived