The Fantasy is coming to CHARLESTON!!!

Kristi Williamson

We've been wondering who's going to be making their permanent home in Charleston and as I was looking around today, I found that the Fantasy will be there in '10!!

Since we live in SC, this is great news for us. She may be an older ship, but we're so pleased to have her! I'd love to see Charleston really upgrade and make the terminal big enough for at least one more ship.

Charleston is such a lovely town, I think lots of people would enjoy leaving from that port. There's tons to see and lots of activities. Can't wait to only have to drive 3 hours to get on a Carnival ship!! WOO-HOO!!!!

Charleston is such a lovely town, I think lots of people would enjoy leaving from that port. There's tons to see and lots of activities. Can't wait to only have to drive 3 hours to get on a Carnival ship!! WOO-HOO!!!!

You got that right!

I had a friend that talked me into going to Charleston one year when we were vacationing in Myrtle Beach. What a treasure!

And then, on our way back, we stopped at that plantation that "NORTH AND SOUTH" was filmed at.

It was truly a remarkable day trip.

Yes! :D Check out other threads on this board! Many others have already started threads concerning the Fantasy in Charleston. It seems like it's definitely welcome news! :)

We're very happy since we live in Atlanta, and Charleston isn't too far from us. Definitely within driving distance.

I just wish they were offering shorter cruises from Charleston. For now the Fantasy will have 5,6 and 7 day itineraries. Due to my work I can not get off for more than 3 or 4 days during 3/4 of the year.

There isn't anywhere you can get in 3 or four days from Charleston...Dash down to Freeport and back? EM

It's nice, but I sure with they would go to Bermuda and stay there are few days and come back, like NCL did with the Majesty. You really get to see a lot with 3 and a half days in port. The Bahamas and Grand Turk are OK but they can't compete with Bermuda, not even close!

Yep I'm interested to see how GT is recuperating after the hurricane damage . It was in shambles on our last visit :(.

Hurray for Charleston !

Our Glory cruise a few weeks ago missed St. Martin due to Hurricane Erica and we stopped in Grand Turk instead. It wasn't quite what it used to be, but it's close. The water was STUNNING! Positively the clearest I've ever seen.

Our Glory cruise a few weeks ago missed St. Martin due to Hurricane Erica and we stopped in Grand Turk instead. It wasn't quite what it used to be, but it's close. The water was STUNNING! Positively the clearest I've ever seen.

Thanks for the update :D gotta see that water.

I called it tent city on our last visit :(.

I wanted to stay and help them rebuild :(.

We've been wondering who's going to be making their permanent home in Charleston and as I was looking around today, I found that the Fantasy will be there in '10!!

Since we live in SC, this is great news for us. She may be an older ship, but we're so pleased to have her! I'd love to see Charleston really upgrade and make the terminal big enough for at least one more ship.

The current cruise director of the Fantasy is from South Carolina as well, so that will another plus. The Fantasy is a great ship and congratulations to Charleston for getting a full time ship.

You got that right. Bermuda is a beauty all by itself..

It's nice, but I sure with they would go to Bermuda and stay there are few days and come back, like NCL did with the Majesty. You really get to see a lot with 3 and a half days in port. The Bahamas and Grand Turk are OK but they can't compete with Bermuda, not even close!

I have been to the Bahamas a lot so I wish they would consider Bermuda! So beautiful! I went on the NCL Majesty also. Well maybe I will give it a try. I have already been to all of those ports.:rolleyes:

There is a group of us looking at a possible CC group cruise out of Charleston next September and one of the stops on that one (along with GT) is Half Moon Cay which is an absolutely beautiful island with a stunning beach.

If anyone is interested, come check out the thread. It's called Stowaway Freddy and Friends on the Fantasy.

How sad, you get rid of old tired one hunk of bolts (Majesty) and it gets replaced with another (Fantasy).

Fantasy may be an older ship but it's hands-down better than the Majesty. The Majesty was the only ship I've ever considered intentionally missing boarding time in a port.

My first cruise was on the SS Emerald Seas decades ago. Heck, I'd even get back on that ship today (if it were still around) before I'd get on the Majesty. :eek:

But I'm with you, I actually wish they'd bring an RCCL ship into Charleston. ;)

Fantasy may be an older ship but it's hands-down better than the Majesty. The Majesty was the only ship I've ever considered intentionally missing boarding time in a port.

My first cruise was on the SS Emerald Seas decades ago. Heck, I'd even get back on that ship today (if it were still around) before I'd get on the Majesty. :eek:

But I'm with you, I actually wish they'd bring an RCCL ship into Charleston. ;)

Majesty was a fun ship for me . I just loved how they cooked on the Aft with those large grills. :D . We will miss her .

Welcome Fantasy icon14.gif

Majesty was a fun ship for me . I just loved how they cooked on the Aft with those large grills. :D . We will miss her .

Welcome Fantasy icon14.gif

We also had been on Majesty multiple times and have also been on the Fantasy but before she had her makeover.

We are looking forward to sailing her again out of our home port (yeah no more drives to FL)

This is exciting news for us as well! Even tho I'm from florida and cruise often, my DD and her family are from Myrtle Beach. took them all on a cruise 2 years ago as a christmas present out of Port Canerval and the grandchildren have been begging to go on another cruise ever since. My DD hates the drive to Fl. so this was great news for them-we are already deciding what date to book!:D

Archived