WoW can 7nt Mexica R. get any cheaper $309pp

djneph

WOW,

I just came across some crazy pricing for MA 7nt Mex. Riv. cruise. Check out a couple of the weeks in NOv 2009.

Sample

$309pp-Inside GTY

$479pp-Balcony GTY

Is this what these cruises are normally going for right now or is Nov. just really bad for Mexico? These pricess are rediculous, do you guys think RCI is going to re-think a Voyager class ship on the west coast?

It does get cheaper (very slightly) I got me a november trip locked in for $299!

Port canaveral may just get there boat back afterall

Wow! I know Carnival is also struggling with their pricing out there, they have the Carnival Splendour (one of their larger ships) and they have been keeping prices low too. They just decided a week ago to move one of their ships out of the area and move it back to the east coast in april 2010 (Elation).

I guess swine Flu and too many ships too fill is having a serious effect out west.

As much as Royal would hate to do it, I can see them pulling the Mariner out of this market if things don't turn around soon. It would be a PIA to do another forty some odd day around the horn cruise but how long will they give this ship a chance to make money?

As much as Royal would hate to do it, I can see them pulling the Mariner out of this market if things don't turn around soon. It would be a PIA to do another forty some odd day around the horn cruise but how long will they give this ship a chance to make money?

I doubt they would move Mariner back any time in the near future. They are hoping the economy eventually turns around and the media hype regarding the swine flu dies down eventually. Once that happens more people will be willing to travel back to Mexico. They are also having great difficulty filling the Radiance which starts sailing out of San Diego. There are definitely too many ships sailing that itinerary in the current economic environment.

I doubt they would move Mariner back any time in the near future. They are hoping the economy eventually turns around and the media hype regarding the swine flu dies down eventually. Once that happens more people will be willing to travel back to Mexico. They are also having great difficulty filling the Radiance which starts sailing out of San Diego. There are definitely too many ships sailing that itinerary in the current economic environment.

I dunno about that. We've been booked on the 10/4 departure for months now, the price was drastically reduced for a while. It wasn't until after the prices climbed back up a bit that the ship sold out. According to sea scanner dot com there are no cabins available, this sailing is sold out. (although I do wonder if they just closed off availability to some lower decks ;))

I think there are a lot of people who don't book a cruise until 60 days or less.

From what I understand, Mariner has contracted to stay here until 2011. Who knows what will happen after that.

I think there are a lot of people who don't book a cruise until 60 days or less.

That's what we did for our upcoming Mariner and Radiance cruises. Booked Mariner five weeks out and Radiance seven weeks out. They may sell out but at extremely reduced rates. We could never get these type of rates on the East Coast.

There are way too many (big) ships in that area that need to be filled with a weak economy and people still scared of getting the H1N1 flu!

Mariner of the Seas, Carnival Splendor, Sapphire Princess, Norwegian Star all out of LA area and Oosterdam out of SD doing exact the same itinerary.

Then you have Carnival Spirit and another HAL ship doing a different itinerary.

And finally you have shorter cruises being done by Elation, Paradise and Radiance OTS

I don't know if RCI is looking into the Pacific Northwest itinerary but that seems to me to make a lot of sense and should give it a try starting next spring/summer. So many posters on here have said they would be very intersted in doing a B2B with the alternating PNW and MR itineraries. There are no ships right now making that have that permanent itinerary and so many loved it during the H1N1 scare this past spring.

RCI.....Are you listening???

I don't think she will go back to PC unless them move Freedom somewhere else, there is going to be so much capacity in FL, with Oasis this year and Allure next.

Maybe they will have to think about PNW route agisn, or look where else to put her.

California was one of the hardest hit due to the bad economy......especially with the real estate bottoming out. People are upside down in their loans and loosing their houses......Unemployment is at a all time high out here and continuing.........

Now just add the swine flu to the mix and this is the result.......it has nothing to do with the inventory of ships.........

It's a combination of a lousy economy and the swine flu scare. From our point of view it's a great time to cruise the Mexican Riviera.

We sailed on Mariner in July; E2 center hump for $649 and we thought that was a great deal (we had booked 9 months in advance and started at 1399). I think our girl's interior was $459 (pp)

We loved the Mexican Riviera itinerary and the Mariner's a beautiful ship.

We are going in August as 1250 per PR room but we are going as a group Deaf Cruise. We had not pay in full yet. I am hoping it will reduce. The more you drop the more people you can pull. I know people are concern about swine flu to me it is old news and the ecomony is not so great but alittle tiny better but still people are watching and waiting.:o

Over the weekend, I booked 2 inside cabins at $299pp, and one balcony cabin at $479pp on Mariner of the Seas in November (7 nights). Also included was $100 in on-board credit for each cabin.

It will be substantially cheaper for me to eat and live on the ship, than back home! Figured now is the time to try this cruising thing.

First cruise for me and my wife, and some friends we are going with... looking forward to a great time and we appreciate this site and all your tips!

wow, I'm glad I jumped over here from the Princess boards. I live in Southern Cal and have done the Mexican Riviera cruise 7 times. I love that cruise and feel like those ports are "home" now. I can't believe the prices you all are talking about. I've done my last 4 cruises with Princess and then the previous two with RCCL and HAL.

So my take on what you are posting is that if you can book last minute ie.... 30-60 days out you can get stellar prices. Do you think this will continue into the Spring (not counting Spring Break of course). I'm sailing this fall to the Caribbean on Princess but really want to try the Mariner to the MR but thinking late spring (late April/May) As much as I love the Princess ships I am really intrigued by the offerings on the Mariner and enjoyed the 3 or 4 RCCL cruises I've done through the years. Sounds like it might be a good time to go back to RCCL at least for a MR cruise.:D

Archived