Ncl took away my free upgrqade

kanitter

So are you saying that I should just shut up, take back whatever I paid in and not annoy anyone. I've been told no and I should just accept it?:rolleyes:

No...but if your looking for sympathy, empathy, whatever, I think you are right in being upset...but move on. Accept it or don't. It's a cruise for goodness sakes, it's not THAT big of a deal.

CanadianTwosome, I'm not sure of the exact sq ft measurements of the two cabins but the ae on the sun is only considered a jr suite so there are no extra benefits to the room. The ac has the butler and concierge services, it has the seperate bedroom, whirlpool tub, seperate shower, two sliding doors to the balcony, the balcony is really long as it is a corner balcony. It also was supposed to be a special cruise for us. It will be our 30th anniversary, we have a cabin booked for our dd, and one for my df. 3 other couples (relatives) said they also want to go but are waiting to see what happens with our situation. I think that is part of the reason we were given the upgrade to start with. And like I said earlier, for the money, no other cruise line offers the same cabins with the same services that go where we are interested in going. That's another reason why this is so fraustrating.:( My dh and I had talked about renewing our vows onboard, but I'm not sure what we are doing now. So if anyone has any good ideas I am open to suggestions:D.

Sue

Thank you very much for clarifying. If they're moving you FROM a suite with perks, then they should move you TO a suite with perks. I would definitely continue to fight for what you were promised. Did they send you any written confirmation of the upgrade? Once a company does that, I think you may have an argument that they've entered into a contract with you...

Mrsleo, I'm sure it will be a few days before I hear anything back. I just sent off my email this morning, I wanted to make copies of the papers that I had that showed my compensory upgrade and the previous obc that we had, as that has also disappeared. I also called the pvp that I have been dealing with so I could get her last name as I did want to put in writing how she has been acting as my go between and has really been trying to help get this resolved. She has spent a lot of time on the telephone with 3way calls with me and different people trying to get this fixed and I would like to make sure she gets recognized for this effort. I would also like to thank MOST :rolleyes: of the people who have posted here, it does help to know that I'm not completely nuts with feeling like ncl should keep their word about our cabin. As soon as I hear something I will definitely post the results, of course, if it's still no everyone will know by the big black cloud overhead.:eek: Thanks everyone again, and have a good one,

Sue

We were switched from Jewel in June going to Baltics to Sun Baltics in June (same dates). Not sure if this was your situation but we were told we were "upgraded" from an BA aft for 4 people to an AE aft for four people. (The Sun doesn't have any BA's aft that will fit 4.)

I was proactive once I read on these boards that the ship was changed to let my TA know that this category didn't exist on the Sun and that I expected the same type of room on the Sun - one of the main reasons why I booked 1 1/2 years in advance. TA worked with NCL to get new room assignment.

While we were told we were "upgraded" to an AE, we were really only upgraded in the fact that the Sun's prices were lower than the Jewel for the same itinerary thus we were able to get a better category at roughly the same price.

I just got a call from Crane Gladding's office. I believe the woman I spoke to said she was his assistant, but I didn't catch her name. She apologized for all the problems that I have had with this reservation and said that they wanted to make things the way they should have been from the start. So we got our compensational upgrade to the ac cabin back:D and we received $900.00 obc.:eek:. I told her I had not asked for additional obc nor had I expected it, but she said they felt it was the least they could do to help make up for all the problems that had happened. So my dh and I will definetly will be celebrating our 30th anniversary on the Sun afterall!:D I'm really glad that because of the support of most of you guys here on cc I continued to ask for what was originally given to us. I know someone;) said I should give it up and if I was wrong I would have. But if I feel that I am right I will not give up without a good fight. And this time it was really worth it. I can't wait until dh gets home to tell him the good news. I guess I can tell the other 3 couples to go ahead and book their cabins now also. Now I just have to wait a year for the cruise.:( Oh, well, something to look forward to I guess. You guys have a good one,

Sue

I have been through the ringer with NCL twice already and yes I still cruise with them. They Dry Docked my honeymoon cruise and then Dry Docked another vacation on the Pearl last year. Both times I was able to get great deals. For our honeymoon I orginally had a window cabin and they first wanted to stick us in another window cabin but I was able to get a Balcony cabin and on-board credit after I was done dealing with them. And then last year when they dry docked the seven day cruise on the Pearl out of Miami, I was able to go on the Sky as a VIP and was upgraded to a Balcony again. It was great! We had breakfast and lunch in the speciality resturants and was invited to all the main events. Good Luck! Keep calling and make some noise. Let them know you are a part of cruise critic. I am sure they still need/want your business.

MP&MP, guess you missed my post where I said ncl called me back.;) We ended up with an aft ac cabin and $900 obc so I would say everything worked at pretty good. :D Now I just have to wait forever for my cruise date to get here!:( Glad to see that you was able to get everything taken care of for yourself. As my mother always told me, You're not a door mat so don't let no one wipe their feet on you. :D God I miss that woman. :( Well you have a good one,

Sue

MP&MP, guess you missed my post where I said ncl called me back.;) We ended up with an aft ac cabin and $900 obc so I would say everything worked at pretty good. Now I just have to wait forever for my cruise date to get here!:( Glad to see that you was able to get everything taken care of for yourself. As my mother always told me, You're not a door mat so don't let no one wipe their feet on you. :D God I miss that woman. :( Well you have a good one,

Sue

Congratulations! I'm so glad it worked out and someone took notice and made a point of apologizing for all your stress and trouble. :) Congratulations also on your 30 year anniversary!! That is definitely worth celebrating - and it will be a great one in a beautiful suite with a nice little bonus bundle for some specialty dining and something special to remember it by. :)

Thanks, We are really looking forward to it. The extra obc will come in handy for excursions, restaurants, spa:rolleyes: and things. Of course dh says he's not entirely convinced I'm not just looking for a good place to toss him overboard after 30 years.:D I told him he's safe, after this long I'll be darn if I have to start training another one all over again.;) Have really heard a lot about the pampering while in the suites on ncl so that will be nice for a change, even tho we actually live very simply, but hey, I'm willing to give it a try. :D You have a good one,

Sue

Sue,

I am so happy to hear that you prevailed!!! I hope you have a great time! I get frustrated with NCL at times, but in all fairness, anytime I have contacted the Executive level as a last resort, they have always worked hard to make things right. I am happy that we were able to help get you in touch with folks who could get your reservation back on track and a $900 credit? Wow! Most Excellent!

And for those with the negative attittude.... neener, neener, neener :D

Humble pie...doesn't taste that great! Glad you didn't take the route I would have. I would have probably just gotten frustrated and moved on...and I live with an attorney! :)

Hope there are NO more changes and you will have a FABULOUS time in your suite...and $900 goes a pretty long way (for us anyway)! We had $1000 OBC on our last cruise (in the GV) and at the end of the week, had a credit balance of $44 (just added that to our butlers tip). Enjoy your anniversary cruise, and you're right, the waiting will be the hardest part. Again, my apologies for suggesting to give up...it really worked out well and I'm impressed that NCL went above and beyond for you.

We just booked a Disney Cruise yesterday for next month. A suite was $12,400, so we just have connecting verandahs...and...NO butler. Eeek! We'll see how that goes. :)

MrsLeo, thank you very much for giving me Crane Gladding's name. I wouldn't have known who to try to get hold of next so you really saved me alot of time. And I really did not expect and obc of $900 , when you add that to the $500 we already had because of previous changes we end up with $1400 obc:eek: I definitly see a couple of spa appts in the future:D. And Rick, just to show there is no hard feelings, how about I pour you a glass of milk to go with that humble pie.;) Apology accepted. All joking aside, If I think I might be in the wrong I won't push something, but I didn't feel I was in the wrong this time. And I do feel Ncl really did make up for their errors. So I am a very happy camper right now. Everyone have a good one,

Sue

binjo6, I sent the email to cgladding@ncl.com I sent it on Thurs to the wrong place,:o so sent it on Friday late afternoon to this address and they called me on Monday morning. Hopefully they will be able to help you as quickly and as well as they helped me. I suppose it depends on what is going on with your case. Good luck and you have a good one.

Sue

Thank you. I did email only because of my changes, cancellations, changes and different rooms 3 times. We are still taking a 27 day transatlantic/baltic cruise just in reverse. I really wanted them to know.

Thank you again and I will keep you posted.

Archived