Monarch Drinking Water

VentureForth

I haven't been on the Monarch in particular, but on all my cruises I have drunk plenty of the ship's water, both at meals and whilst out and about. I tended, however, to fill my water bottle at the Windjammer (buffet restaurant) rather than the tap in my room. You're not supposed to fill water bottles directly from the water machines in the WJ for sanitary reasons; I take a few glasses of water and pour them into my bottle (which has a wide mouth, making this quite easy).

Believe me, the water they serve in the dining room is the ship's tap water. They're not serving bottled water in there unless you pay for it! ;)

OK - just heard from my panicky wife that you CAN'T drinl the water on board. I thought it was silly, but its our first, and (frankly) its tough to do a search here with my blackberry.

So, is TAP water safe to drink?

LMAO...your wife's statement is silly!

Just don't drink the water in the pool....it's from the ocean!

The only problem with the ships water is that it is to pure, it doesn't contain the minerals etc, normally found in tap water, this is not a problem for passengers, but crew, who are on board a lot longer do supplement the tap water with some bottled water that supplies nutrients and minerals

So, is TAP water safe to drink?

Yes, the TAP water on-board is actually going to be a lot cleaner than anything you will get at home, or in a bottle for that matter.

However, I'm sure they put something in their water that gets you addicted and calls you back to cruise again and again (just kidding). But I have to have some kind of an excuse...

Have a wonderful trip!

Wendy

Archived