river cruise including St. Petersburg, Russia

beachluvr65

Can anyone recommend a cruise that stops in St. Petersburg Russia Overnight?

Thanks

We are booked with another couple on the Viking Surkov for next June 2010 and the river cruise ship will be in St. Petersburg for 2-3 nights. We are extending our stay in St. Petersburg for an additional couple of nights as well.

Mickie

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AMA has St. Petersburg to Moscow cruise that is fabulous. The cruise director, Marina, is the best ever and makes sure that everything runs smoothly for everyone (especially important in the more "exotic" locations such as Russia). I could go on and on. The Tolstoy is quite a "step above" the other craft we were able to view while docked as far as decor and spaciousness. There were 7 in our group (all seasoned travelers) and we were completely impressed.

• 1 month later...
AMA has St. Petersburg to Moscow cruise that is fabulous. The cruise director, Marina, is the best ever and makes sure that everything runs smoothly for everyone (especially important in the more "exotic" locations such as Russia). I could go on and on. The Tolstoy is quite a "step above" the other craft we were able to view while docked as far as decor and spaciousness. There were 7 in our group (all seasoned travelers) and we were completely impressed.

Hi Clint and Sue,

We booked AMA for St. Petersburg to Moscow and would like to go to St. Petersburg a day earlier. Did you do the transfers from airport on your own or got picked up by AMA? Thanks.

Rosy

Hi RosyCushion,

We did the same cruise on the Tolstoy from Moscow to St. Petersburg and did the transfer from the airport through AMA. Very easy and they were right there to meet us. On the way home our flight was at 6:30 a.m. so they took us to the airport at 3:30 a.m. and we didn't have to worry about anything. I would not want to take a taxi on my own to the airport but would recommend the transfers from the company you book through.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Clint and Sue,

We booked AMA for St. Petersburg to Moscow and would like to go to St. Petersburg a day earlier. Did you do the transfers from airport on your own or got picked up by AMA? Thanks.

Rosy

Definitely do it through AMA - it is much cheaper!

Archived