Just Returned from Splendor W/4yo & 7yo

baismom

Good Afternoon,

I agree with you, I am totally going to relax and enjoy my cruise.

In Puerto Vallarta, we have hired Superior Tours to give us a 5 - 6 hour private tour of the area. Of course my daughter wants to do some shopping. After reading the Mexican Rivera Board, I am going to check out WalMart. During this time, we will stop at a beach to give our dear girl some play time. We are pretty easy on what we will do. Are you able to suggest something for us.

In Mazatlan, we hired Mazatlan Frank to give us a 5 - 6 hour private tour. We thought we would let him decide on where to take us. Of course we will stop again at a beach for our girl. We all would like to go to the Mercado where the locals shop. I would like to take a short pulmonia ride with our girl before we board the ship, as I think that would be fun. I will make sure before we get in that he will not drive too fast and the cost. If he does not agree, we will take someone else. I might even ask Frank to help me with this. I have heard nothing but great things about Frank.

There are 5 of us in the family, so it makes these tours affordable.

We have never been to the Mexican Rivera, so hopefully we will get to see and experience a lot of different things.

In Cabo, we have no plans. Do you have any ideas for us?

Ann :)

Good afternoon,

Good Afternoon,

I agree with you, I am totally going to relax and enjoy my cruise.

It is a great ship for relaxing, so much deck space you will always find someplace to relax and just listen to the ocean, nothing can beat that.

In Puerto Vallarta, we have hired Superior Tours to give us a 5 - 6 hour private tour of the area. Of course my daughter wants to do some shopping. After reading the Mexican Rivera Board, I am going to check out WalMart. During this time, we will stop at a beach to give our dear girl some play time. We are pretty easy on what we will do. Are you able to suggest something for us.

OK, I admit it, we hit WalMart too, I don't know why but everybody else was going and we wanted to see what it was like. At least we didn't go to Costco! You have so much time in PV no matter what you do you will be happy. I am not familair with Superior Tours but I am sure they will take you through the countryside but please bring bug spray, that was the only thing we forgot and we paid for it dearly. If you go to the Beach House you can have some food while doing the beach and kill two birds with one stone. We actually did our tour, came back to the ship for a few hours while it was deserted, and then went back into town later for dinner and some shopping. But we went in August when the heat and humidity were at their highs.

In Mazatlan, we hired Mazatlan Frank to give us a 5 - 6 hour private tour. We thought we would let him decide on where to take us. Of course we will stop again at a beach for our girl. We all would like to go to the Mercado where the locals shop. I would like to take a short pulmonia ride with our girl before we board the ship, as I think that would be fun. I will make sure before we get in that he will not drive too fast and the cost. If he does not agree, we will take someone else. I might even ask Frank to help me with this. I have heard nothing but great things about Frank.

You will absolutlely love Frank, he is a dear friend of ours. He will do whatever you like so just give him a few suggestions and leave it to him. He will take you to the Mercado and that is very interesting to see. The rest of the city tour will be the cliff divers and a restored part of old town that is very nice. He probably will take you through the Golden Zone to do some shopping and then to Tony's for a wonderful lunch on the beach. But just give him a few suggestions and he will take care of everything, he is a wonderful man who really loves his city and loves to show it off. It isn't a job to him it's a labor of love. Mazatlan is our favorite port, it just seems real and has real people there.

There are 5 of us in the family, so it makes these tours affordable.

We have never been to the Mexican Rivera, so hopefully we will get to see and experience a lot of different things.

In Cabo, we have no plans. Do you have any ideas for us?

Cabp is not one of my favorite ports, it's like going to Miami Beach. Just lots of rich Americans and Canadians living in very pricy condos on the beach. The first thing we did was find more itch lotion to get us over PV, then we did the submarine ride which was nice but a bit pricy for an hour. Then we took the water taxi over to the beach to let the kids play and have lunch and by then it was time to leave. The last tender back to the ship was at 1:30 so there isn't much time. You can do the dolphin swim there but then you are talking big bucks.

Have a great day and I am always here to answer any questions. Where are you spending the night before in LA or Long Beach?

I look forward to hearing from you - you are soooo kind.

We are staying in Long Beach at the Vagabond Inn. We want to stay in one room for the night as all we are going to do is sleep. I tried the Hilton and a lot of other 3 star hotels, but they could not accomodate us. This Inn could. I called the Chamber of Commerce and Tourism Long Beach and they both told me it was in a good area. We are hoping to tour around Long Beach after we arrive.

After the cruise we are going to Anaheim. We are staying at the Castle Inn. My family plan on going to Disneyland - dual parks.

My husband and son are going to Flight Deck Air Combat Center in Anaheim.

I thought that they would really enjoy doing this. Have you ever done this or heard of it? It sounds like lots of fun.

We are also going to rent a car as soon as we get to Anaheim so we can go and see the sights. We would have rented one in Long Beach, but the only car rentals places open on the Sunday are at the airport, so we are taking a shuttle to Anaheim.

We then head to the airport to fly home....happy and contented to have had a great holiday.

Hi again,

I look forward to hearing from you - you are soooo kind.

We are staying in Long Beach at the Vagabond Inn. We want to stay in one room for the night as all we are going to do is sleep. I tried the Hilton and a lot of other 3 star hotels, but they could not accomodate us. This Inn could. I called the Chamber of Commerce and Tourism Long Beach and they both told me it was in a good area. We are hoping to tour around Long Beach after we arrive.

I am not familiar with the Vagabond Inn or where it's located, sorry. If it's anywhere downtown you should be fine. It's only for a night, right? Depending on what time you come down and how you are all feeling there are plenty of things to do in downtown Long Beach and places to eat near the water. We went down early on Saturday morning and spent the day at the Aquarium just relaxing and then took a one hour harbor cruise. But I know the day is basically to get in L.A. and get ready to board on Sunday morning.

After the cruise we are going to Anaheim. We are staying at the Castle Inn. My family plan on going to Disneyland - dual parks.

How great, we go often as we have annual passes. That way we can go for a couple of hours and not have to run around trying to get our money's worth so to speak. We are actually going next Friday for Mickey's Halloween Haunt, it is so much fun and so much candy for the trick or treaters. Yes, even I dress up at my age, what can I say!

My husband and son are going to Flight Deck Air Combat Center in Anaheim.

I thought that they would really enjoy doing this. Have you ever done this or heard of it? It sounds like lots of fun.

I have never heard of it but it does sound interesting. I am sure they will have fun.

We are also going to rent a car as soon as we get to Anaheim so we can go and see the sights. We would have rented one in Long Beach, but the only car rentals places open on the Sunday are at the airport, so we are taking a shuttle to Anaheim.

Once you get to Anaheim you shouldn't need a car but I am sure the hotel can arrange one for you if you find you need one. I will tell Mickey and friends to keep an eye out for you.

We then head to the airport to fly home....happy and contented to have had a great holiday.

It will be a great time, a nice relaxing week at sea and then the fun of the Disneyland Resort.

Ask away, I am always here to help.

Happy Thursday to you!

Hi, its me again....

Today I was thinking and if you know of better places to stay in both Long Beach and Anaheim - I would be very interested.

Well, there are many nice places to stay at either location. All I can tell you is that when we cruised we stayed at the Marriott Residence in Long Beach. It was near the terminal, close to the Aquarium and restaurants and served our needs for 1 night. Lot's of others stayed right in the heart of the action at the Hilton and Hyatt and such but they paid much more although if you really shop around you can get good deals on a Saturday night. Those people were able to walk to dinner and things while we had a very short drive. As for Anaheim they have more hotels and motels than you can imaging. We stay sometimes at the Holiday Inn on Walnut, it is small but clean and right next to the Disneyland parking garage. They always have great rates but sometimes you even get a nicer hotel for the same price. We acutally booked the Anaheim Marriott for new years eve for $100 which is great for when school is out. You really won't be spending any time in the room so it depends on what you are looking for. Some of these little hotels will tell you that you can walk to the park but it really is one heck of a hike so don't believe them. Check around on all of the travel websites, some have shuttles to the park so you don't have to walk at all. We prefer something close, a short drive of a couple of blocks or more to get to the parking lot and then take the tram to the park entrances.

Good luck and ask away!

Thanks,

Good Morning,

Thank you for the hotel information. I will check it out.

I am planning on picking up some candy when I am in Long Beach for Frank's children. Have you noticed if they have a lot of candy made in the US in Mazatlan. I want to bring smarties and things that they might not have tried before. I have no idea what is available to the children there.

Have you ever gone to a grocery store in Mexico? I am hoping to pick up some vanilla and maybe some neat packaged items to bring home.

I would love to be there for Mickey's Halloween Hunt.... I would also dress up - that makes it so much fun. How lucky you and your family are...You are never too old to enjoy candy.

We are booked for breakfast with Lilo and Stitch, and dinner with the Princesses.... our little girl is sure lucky..... Has your family done anything like that? I am sure it will be lots of fun.

Has your son gone on Magic Mountain and rides like that or are they too scary for him? I am not sure if our girl will like them, as she has only seen carnival rides which are quite tame.

Is there a swap meet or anything like that in Anaheim or Orange County? I would like to pick up a few different Christmas ornaments to remember the trip. I have heard that the swap meets in the States are truly something to see.

I am also going to try and find a restaurant that I went to about 6 years ago. It was on Harbour Blvd. in a small shopping mall. The man who owned it was ex police and the food was southern. I had never tried any food like that before, it was delicious. They had grits, jambalaya and other items that I had never heard of. Hopefully it is still there.

Do you know of some good restaurants in the area that are not too expensive?

Thanks,

Good afternoon, always nice to hear from you.

[

quote=BC Gal Ann;21664249]Good Morning,

Thank you for the hotel information. I will check it out.

Keep me posted, let me know what you find out and I can make some suggestions.

I am planning on picking up some candy when I am in Long Beach for Frank's children. Have you noticed if they have a lot of candy made in the US in Mazatlan. I want to bring smarties and things that they might not have tried before. I have no idea what is available to the children there.

Funny you said that we brought See's lollipops for Frank's children hopefully they liked them. We also brought a box of them for our room steward and everyday when we saw him he had one in his mouth.

Have you ever gone to a grocery store in Mexico? I am hoping to pick up some vanilla and maybe some neat packaged items to bring home.

Funny again, we always buy vanilla when we go to Mexico but check out a few of them first not all are first quality. I personally believe good Mexican vanilla is the best and use it in all my baking. You will find some at Walmart when you go but also at stands along the way.

I would love to be there for Mickey's Halloween Hunt.... I would also dress up - that makes it so much fun. How lucky you and your family are...You are never too old to enjoy candy.

We go to the Halloween Haunt each year, we always have a great time. All of the characters are in costume, there is lots of music and dancing for everybody, arts and crafts for the kids and young at heart, and all of the rides are open, plus there are tons of trick or treat stations to pick up candy and things like packaged apples and carrots for the healthy people. One of our treasures was a few years ago we went and our little one wore a Stitch costume, We were walking in the park when we came across the "real" Stich and he was so excited to see our son in his cosutme he insisted on taking our little one on a few rides with him, that is something you just don't or can't forget.

We are booked for breakfast with Lilo and Stitch, and dinner with the Princesses.... our little girl is sure lucky..... Has your family done anything like that? I am sure it will be lots of fun.

Actually, the Lilo and Stich breakfast is pretty good we have done it many times. Goofy's kitchen is also nice but we love the Lilo and Stich. Of course all of the girls like the Princess breakfast and please check out the biddy boddy boutique, watch my spelling. That is where they dress up the little girls like princesses. I am not sure how much it costs but you can check it out online I believe. We always love character meals, we know they are pricy but we are on vacation, right? We go for 3 days every year for our sons birthday and do a lot of laying by the pool, we splurge for an onsite hotel, and hanging with the characters.

Has your son gone on Magic Mountain and rides like that or are they too scary for him? I am not sure if our girl will like them, as she has only seen carnival rides which are quite tame.

We don't do Magic Mountain, I personally don't believe it is safe and it really is only for teenagers and thrill seeking adults. Too many gangs for my taste, I am not an old foggy or anything but I just don't feel safe there and they have had problems with shootings and stabbings and such although that is between gang members and not the general public. Why take chances when there is so many other things to do like Knotts Berry Farm which is nice and close to Disneyland. There isn't much for kids.

Is there a swap meet or anything like that in Anaheim or Orange County? I would like to pick up a few different Christmas ornaments to remember the trip. I have heard that the swap meets in the States are truly something to see.

Knotts has a wonderful Christmas village and craft section if you have the time and there are swap meets in the area. We do Knotts each holiday season for Snoopy's Christmas and the craft show. Don't pass this around and keep your fingers crossed for us but our son is being considered for the new Peanuts dvd as Linus. The Rose Bowl is our largest swap meet but no where near where your going to be but Orange County has some.

I am also going to try and find a restaurant that I went to about 6 years ago. It was on Harbour Blvd. in a small shopping mall. The man who owned it was ex police and the food was southern. I had never tried any food like that before, it was delicious. They had grits, jambalaya and other items that I had never heard of. Hopefully it is still there.

Not sure which restaurant you are referring to but I hope it's there for you.

Do you know of some good restaurants in the area that are not too expensive?

We just usually grab something in Downtown Disney maybe some pizza or the mac and cheese at La Brea Bakery. It is cheaper than the food in the park but there are plenty of places within a block or two of the park. The kids like to go to the Rainforest Cafe and the food isn't bad and the prices ok. Or the older ones like the ESPN zone, the food is good and they have tons of games to play.

Any questions are appreciated and no problem at all. Do consider Knotts for a time if you have. There are tons of discount coupons around, lots of rides for everybody including coasters and the craft village is very nice.

Thanks,

Good Morning,

Thank you for all of the great information.

My fingers and toes are crossed… every day I am going to send positive thoughts to you and your family….wow what an opportunity for him…. Please let me know when you get the good news. Has he done anything like this before?

After reading more about the Halloween Haunt, I want to go so badly…. It sounds amazing and so much fun. I love that your little one wore a Stitch costume and then met the real Stitch …. How nice of Stitch to take your little one on a few rides and spend time with him. That must have made your little one so happy; I can visualize him with the biggest smile. That is exactly how I imagine Walt Disney’s vision of Disneyland was all about. I know that does not happen often. In fact I have never heard of something like that happening before.

We are looking so forward to doing the breakfast and dinner with the Disney Characters… I hope that we will be able to take a lot of pictures…. It truly is worth the money to put smiles on our young ones faces. These build special memories that last a lifetime. In fact I love to watch Lilo and Stitch with our girl, so I am also going to be excited to see them (imagine someone my age feeling like that)

We will also take her to that store where they will dress her up as princesses… I did not know that a store like that existed. She probably will want to dress in it every day. Oh well… who cares if it makes her happy.

As for Magic Mountain, I thought that it for all ages and would be a nice place to go.

No way - are we going…. I do not think you as an old foggy at all, in fact I like it that safety is a strong issue for you, I also would not put my family at risk. Thank you for being so honest. I really appreciate it.

Knott berry Farm here we come… I look forward to seeing the crafts and possibly purchasing my ornaments there. I know my family will have a blast. I will look for any coupons that they have. I remember going there about 20 years ago and having a wonderful lunch in their restaurant. Do you know if it is still there? I would really like to try it again.

Have you ever tried the Red Lobster restaurant? My husband wants s to try it, as we do not have them up here - we get to watch the commercials though. They make it look so good.

As for See’s lollipops – I think that is a wonderful idea. I have never tried Sees before, I went on their website and they look yummy. I might even buy some for us to take home. There are 3 stores in Long Beach. I will let Frank know you told me about them. I am also going to steal your idea and purchase a box for our room steward. Have you ever given your dinner server and assistant anything other than a tip?

How can you tell which is the good Mexican Vanilla? I really want to make sure that I buy the best one. Do you remember how much you paid for it and the size it comes in? Is there something else that a person should pick up in Mexico? Our little girl wants to buy a pink sombrero with lots of flash on it. I believe that we will find it almost anywhere.

Have a wonderful day.

Good morning,

Thank you for all of the great information.

My fingers and toes are crossed… every day I am going to send positive thoughts to you and your family….wow what an opportunity for him…. Please let me know when you get the good news. Has he done anything like this before?

Yes, he is a little actor and has done movies, voice overs and theater but he is a real Peanuts nut so this is something he really wants, but we will see. They have to match the new voice to other people who have done Linus throughout the years.

After reading more about the Halloween Haunt, I want to go so badly…. It sounds amazing and so much fun. I love that your little one wore a Stitch costume and then met the real Stitch …. How nice of Stitch to take your little one on a few rides and spend time with him. That must have made your little one so happy; I can visualize him with the biggest smile. That is exactly how I imagine Walt Disney’s vision of Disneyland was all about. I know that does not happen often. In fact I have never heard of something like that happening before.

Halloween Haunt is a real treat each year, next to the Winter Castle it is our favorite thing. To see the winter castle in person is something you just can't imagine if you get the right spot to see the whole transformation from Cinderella's castle to a snow castle.. It's best seen in the dark and I know there are you tube videos of it if you want to check it out.

We are looking so forward to doing the breakfast and dinner with the Disney Characters… I hope that we will be able to take a lot of pictures…. It truly is worth the money to put smiles on our young ones faces. These build special memories that last a lifetime. In fact I love to watch Lilo and Stitch with our girl, so I am also going to be excited to see them (imagine someone my age feeling like that)

At your breakfast Lilo and Stitch will be there to interact and dance with the kids so it's a good time for all. The Paraduse Pier hotel, where it's at, isn't as crowded as the other hotels.

We will also take her to that store where they will dress her up as princesses… I did not know that a store like that existed. She probably will want to dress in it every day. Oh well… who cares if it makes her happy.

I believe the Bibby Bobbity Boutique may take reservations, especially during busy times, so you might want to check with Disneyland. Another thing that we do is buy reserved seats for fantasmic so we don't have to fight the crowds which can line up 3 hours before performances. It is just a thought although it can be intense for really young children.

As for Magic Mountain, I thought that it for all ages and would be a nice place to go.

No way - are we going…. I do not think you as an old foggy at all, in fact I like it that safety is a strong issue for you, I also would not put my family at risk. Thank you for being so honest. I really appreciate it.

Magic Mountain is definately not for all ages, they have a very small childrens area and the rest of the park is very extreme coasters so there is nothing inbetween for others to do, just not my style and I still don't believe it is a safe place to take a family.

Knott berry Farm here we come… I look forward to seeing the crafts and possibly purchasing my ornaments there. I know my family will have a blast. I will look for any coupons that they have. I remember going there about 20 years ago and having a wonderful lunch in their restaurant. Do you know if it is still there? I would really like to try it again.

You will enoy Knotts especially at holiday season and Camp Snoopy for the young one. Yes, Mrs. Knotts Chicken Dinner Restaurant is still there and a must for when we go, it's tradition! If you remind me next month we should have discount tickets here at work and I can mail you the coupon. Lot's of crafts for everybody and we enjoy the rides, they have a great childrens area, good rides for adults, and still have the bog coasters for those who go that way.

Have you ever tried the Red Lobster restaurant? My husband wants s to try it, as we do not have them up here - we get to watch the commercials though. They make it look so good.

We don't have a Red Lobster near us but it is a popular chain. I am sure there must be one in Anaheim though. When the time comes I can give you some of our favorties in Long Beach as we go watch the Splendor leave frequently.

As for See’s lollipops – I think that is a wonderful idea. I have never tried Sees before, I went on their website and they look yummy. I might even buy some for us to take home. There are 3 stores in Long Beach. I will let Frank know you told me about them. I am also going to steal your idea and purchase a box for our room steward. Have you ever given your dinner server and assistant anything other than a tip?

Yes, we have brought the lollipops for the dining room staff too, it's something they can't get elsewhere so hopefully everybody enjoys them. We always like to bring everybody a little something and so much of what they get they can't use or store in their small living spaces. And who doesn't like lollipops?

How can you tell which is the good Mexican Vanilla? I really want to make sure that I buy the best one. Do you remember how much you paid for it and the size it comes in? Is there something else that a person should pick up in Mexico? Our little girl wants to buy a pink sombrero with lots of flash on it. I believe that we will find it almost anywhere.

It is so hard to say about the vanilla, see if some places let you have a taste and if not you are always safe at Walmart. You should pay not more than maybe 15-18 dollars for a large bottle which should last any baker well over a year. You may also want to buy some very small bottles of different brands so you can taste them for future reference. Of course our son had to have a sombrero too and now it just takes up space, but what can I say I had to get a banana leaf hat so I can't complain. You will find the sombreros everywhere so bargain tough. You can also rely on Frank to take you to very reputable stores and he can bargain for you. He will take you to Prada probably which is a very reputable jewelery store in the Golden Zone to take a look and stretch your legs. If you love seafood you will love Tony's where you will get the grilled fresh lobster and fresh not frozen shrimp.

Have a great weekend and I am always here for you.

Have a wonderful day.

Good Afternoon,

It is wonderful that you take the time to answer all of my questions.

That is so neat… I can only imagine all of the commitment and hard work that you do as a family for him to work as an actor. I have heard that some children know right from when they are young that this is what they want to do. I have no idea what any of the processes are, but I would think they must be interesting.

I checked out You Tube and watched the transformation of the castle to an ice castle. It was spectacular I cannot wait to see it in person. I have not told anyone here about it, as I want it to be a surprise. Our little girl will squeal with delight.

How do you go about purchasing reserved seats for Fantasmic. I do not like having to fight the crowds, so this is just up our alley.

My daughter phoned Disneyland and talked to them about the Bibby Bobbity Boutique, there are different rates for different services, we will just have to figure which one we are going to purchase. We are thinking of doing this before she goes to dinner with the Princesses. Imagine all of the fun she will have.

Thank you for the offer of coupons to Knotts Berry Farm when you get them. I really appreciate this. I look forward to seeing the crafts and having lunch at the restaurant.

Thank you for offering to recommend restaurants for us. It really is hard to know where to eat, when you do not live in the area. Sometimes we have been lucky and others - well not to be remembered.

When I am in Long Beach, I am going to find the Sees Chocolate Store and purchase the lollipops for everyone. I have decided that I am going to take some for us also. Knowing how hard the staff works on the ship, I like to try to make it a little nicer for them.

Great idea for the Vanilla, I will purchase it at WalMart as I am going there for sure. Did you see anything interesting in the WalMart store? Did it look like the ones in the US?

I am also going to look for a grocery store in Anaheim so that I can pick up items that we can not get here.

I have never seen a banana leaf hat, but I certainly am going to check it out.

Frank has such a good reputation, that I would not worry about any stores that he will take us. Thanks for the heads up.

Have a nice day.

Good morning to you,

[

quote=BC Gal Ann;21704495]Good Afternoon,

It is wonderful that you take the time to answer all of my questions.

That is so neat… I can only imagine all of the commitment and hard work that you do as a family for him to work as an actor. I have heard that some children know right from when they are young that this is what they want to do. I have no idea what any of the processes are, but I would think they must be interesting.

It is very tiring for everybody but this is what e loves. As long as the school work is kept up it is fine. Right now he is also doing 3 plays including a professional one so time is always tight.

I checked out You Tube and watched the transformation of the castle to an ice castle. It was spectacular I cannot wait to see it in person. I have not told anyone here about it, as I want it to be a surprise. Our little girl will squeal with delight.

Glad you found the video, as good as it is it is so much better in person and then when the castle turns it starts to snow (soap crystals but it's the best that we can do).

How do you go about purchasing reserved seats for Fantasmic. I do not like having to fight the crowds, so this is just up our alley.

We don't like to fight the crowds either especially when they are lining up 3 hours in advance. You can call guest services and reserve them in advance. It includes a seat right up front, hot chocolate, coffee or tea, and lots and lots od sweets and desserts. It's not cheap but at least for us it's worth doing once a year.

My daughter phoned Disneyland and talked to them about the Bibby Bobbity Boutique, there are different rates for different services, we will just have to figure which one we are going to purchase. We are thinking of doing this before she goes to dinner with the Princesses. Imagine all of the fun she will have.

Yes, they do the makeup, the dresses, the hair, etc. so it's really what you want to do to make them a princess. But it's not everybody so the splurge would be worthwhile.

Thank you for the offer of coupons to Knotts Berry Farm when you get them. I really appreciate this. I look forward to seeing the crafts and having lunch at the restaurant.

As soon as Knotts is finished with their Halloween celebration they will send our office the discount coupons for the rest of the year and I will grab you some and let you know.

Thank you for offering to recommend restaurants for us. It really is hard to know where to eat, when you do not live in the area. Sometimes we have been lucky and others - well not to be remembered.

When I am in Long Beach, I am going to find the Sees Chocolate Store and purchase the lollipops for everyone. I have decided that I am going to take some for us also. Knowing how hard the staff works on the ship, I like to try to make it a little nicer for them.

I always have a box for me too, I love them.

Great idea for the Vanilla, I will purchase it at WalMart as I am going there for sure. Did you see anything interesting in the WalMart store? Did it look like the ones in the US?

A basic Walmart store, we just went to see the difference but really it was the same store we have here but some good prices.

I am also going to look for a grocery store in Anaheim so that I can pick up items that we can not get here.

I have never seen a banana leaf hat, but I certainly am going to check it out.

Frank has such a good reputation, that I would not worry about any stores that he will take us. Thanks for the heads up.

Have a nice day.

Have a great day.

Good Evening,

That is so incredible about your son... he must be very talented with a natural gift. I bet you are so proud.

I am getting so excited about our cruise and trip. December will be coming up so fast. I am going to decorate our home late November so that everything will be done when we come back.

Do you think the Splendor will be decorated for Christmas? I sure hope so.

On the CC Mexican Rivera Board, there was a posting about Vanilla. They said the best pure Mexican vanilla is called Orlando. I went on their website and it sounds exactly what I want. I am going to see if Frank will be able to take us to a store that carries it.

Did you take a lot of $1.00 bills for tips? I am thinking of taking about $75.00 worth, what do you think?

I am going to pick up some coke and seven up and also a small case of water. I will put them in an extra bag that I will put with my luggage. Have you ever done this? Our son is still going to purchase the soda pop card, as he drinks an unreal amount of it...

How do you pack your clothes so that they do not wrinkle. I have tried rolling them... what a mess... The last time we travelled, our clothes were so wrinkled that I had to steam them in the bathroom and also have my dresses ironed. Do you have a special way of packing?

Is there something that is a must that you pack for a cruise?

Thanks for being there for me... I seem to always have a lot of questions.

Good morning,

[

quote=BC Gal Ann;21719459]Good Evening,

That is so incredible about your son... he must be very talented with a natural gift. I bet you are so proud.

Always proud as all parents are, it really is so boring though sitting around sets doing nothing for 99.99% of the time but the money goes into college fund so it's fine.

I am getting so excited about our cruise and trip. December will be coming up so fast. I am going to decorate our home late November so that everything will be done when we come back.

It will be coming up soon, I will order you up some nice fall weather here for your stay.

Do you think the Splendor will be decorated for Christmas? I sure hope so.

Yes, the ship will be decorated nicely and make it an even more enjoyable adventure. It is a great time.

On the CC Mexican Rivera Board, there was a posting about Vanilla. They said the best pure Mexican vanilla is called Orlando. I went on their website and it sounds exactly what I want. I am going to see if Frank will be able to take us to a store that carries it.

That is one of the brands that I use, I am sure Frank can stear you to a store that sells high quality vanilla, one that is pure and not with fillers. You may want to get a bottle of 10% and one of 35% for different uses I usually use the 10% which is usually labeled traditional mexican vanilla.

Did you take a lot of $1.00 bills for tips? I am thinking of taking about $75.00 worth, what do you think?

Yes, I always carry small bills for tips you can never have too many and it's always appreciated.

I am going to pick up some coke and seven up and also a small case of water. I will put them in an extra bag that I will put with my luggage. Have you ever done this? Our son is still going to purchase the soda pop card, as he drinks an unreal amount of it...

Yes, I brought a case of water on board and drinks. No sense paying those rates especially for water. Since we live here it was no problem putting them in the cases without a chance of breakage. One thing we did is make one case just for water, drinks, and snacks and put everything in a big black trash bag, in case of leakage. That way at the end of the cruise we had one empty case for souveniers, nice and esay. The soda sticker is a good deal if you drink a lot of it.

How do you pack your clothes so that they do not wrinkle. I have tried rolling them... what a mess... The last time we travelled, our clothes were so wrinkled that I had to steam them in the bathroom and also have my dresses ironed. Do you have a special way of packing?

Sorry, I am not the best packer but there is really nothing you can do. I never travel without my steamer so that helps. With not having to fly it makes things a bit easier and less time in the cases for us. The ship is really casual so that helps, really you don't need anything special for dinners like in the days I used to cruise. Things are getting so casual it makes it much easier to pack and go.

Is there something that is a must that you pack for a cruise?

If you search on this site for packing lists you will see many good ones. One thing to bring is binder clips, the big ones maybe 5 or 6. Clip them to the bottom of the shower curtain to keep it in the shower and to keep your bathroom floor dry, that is one tip I got here that really helped.

Thanks for being there for me... I seem to always have a lot of questions.

No such thing as too many questions, I am always lurking around this site. Have a great day.

Good to hear you received them, sometimes due to the color of them they don't scan or fax well. Yes, so much to do at all hours of the day. My son really enjoyed the night parties so my wife and I would watch the movies by the pool each night and just chill out. At midnight or so we would head up to deck 10 to get the little one and even then he really didn't want to go. They did lots of great projects and he was busy all of the time and like I said previously he even ate dinner with them a few nights to be with his friends. Not the vacation we planned on but it ended up great for everybody. He is already counting down days until he can get back onboard. If you need anything else from our trip just let me know.

I hope you have a great time.

I don't suppose that either of you have a scanner that you could scan the capers in and use something like photobucket to upload and include them in a post here where we could all see them? (I'm hesitant to ask you to fax them to me since sooner or later you'll tire (or go broke) faxing them to everyone.) I am leaving on the Pride out of Baltimore in January with a 4 yo, 6 yo and 9 yo. I am very curious to see what kinds of stuff there is on the list. I might have one or two that like it and one that does not.

Sorry to say I don't know how to do that but I can fax them to you and you can do it if you like.

I don't suppose that either of you have a scanner that you could scan the capers in and use something like photobucket to upload and include them in a post here where we could all see them? (I'm hesitant to ask you to fax them to me since sooner or later you'll tire (or go broke) faxing them to everyone.) I am leaving on the Pride out of Baltimore in January with a 4 yo, 6 yo and 9 yo. I am very curious to see what kinds of stuff there is on the list. I might have one or two that like it and one that does not.

Sorry, I also do not know how to use Photobucket or anything like to to post the capers.

I do not even know how to post your quote with the box around it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by highbridge5 viewpost.gif

Good Morning,

You are amazing ......

When you were in the dining room on elegant night, did most men wear suits or just a nice dress shirt, dress pants and a tie? My husband and son are both going to pack their suits and we girls are going to pack our nice dresses (not cocktail ones). We will go to the dining room in nice outfits every night. Is this what you did? I like to dress up at night while cruising as it makes it that much more special for us.

Is there a gratuity charge included in the coffee card? If it is, I will probably tip them extra as I plan on using the coffee bar a lot. Was there a big savings purchasing the card?

I went on the Disneyland site today to phone them regarding reserving seats for Fantasic , but could not find a phone number for them. Do you know of a link that would take me to the phone number? I do so look forward to going there – it is magical to our family. Our daughter is away otherwise I would get her to look for me.

In either Puerto Vallarta or Mazatlan there is a man who paints with his fingers. Have you heard about him and do you know what port he is in? I am hoping to pick up one of his painting if I find one I like.

Have a great day.

Good morning.

Good Morning,

You are amazing ......

I am laughing, I barely know how to do this on the computer but hopefully somebody reads this and knows how to scan and photobucket.

When you were in the dining room on elegant night, did most men wear suits or just a nice dress shirt, dress pants and a tie? My husband and son are both going to pack their suits and we girls are going to pack our nice dresses (not cocktail ones). We will go to the dining room in nice outfits every night. Is this what you did? I like to dress up at night while cruising as it makes it that much more special for us.

We did dress up on the two elegant nights but this is a very casual cruise, some people did show up in jeans, shorts, etc., and were allowed in the dining room. All of the other nights ave VERY casual and although I brought nicer clothes to wear each night we all found ourselves wearing jeans and nice hawaiian shirts for dinner. But we went in August and it was so hot and humid we were drained. I do miss the days of when I started cruising which was 2 formal nights, 2 informal nights, and 3 casual but those days are long gone.

Is there a gratuity charge included in the coffee card? If it is, I will probably tip them extra as I plan on using the coffee bar a lot. Was there a big savings purchasing the card?

You know I don't remember, the coffee card was good for 4 specialty coffee drinks and you did save some money over paying each time. I think we bought so many just for convenience but you do save some money and the coffee was good as were the milkshakes on a hot day.

I went on the Disneyland site today to phone them regarding reserving seats for Fantasic , but could not find a phone number for them. Do you know of a link that would take me to the phone number? I do so look forward to going there – it is magical to our family. Our daughter is away otherwise I would get her to look for me.

FANTASMIC DESSERT BUFFET

* Premium seating: $59 per adult (10+) / $49 per person (3-9) 2 and under are free provided they sit on your lap

To reserve your seats, contact your Travel Agent or call (714) 781-4400. Reservations can be made a month in advance and do book up quickly. Note that your reservation must be made on the same day the prior month. For instance, if the show is on December 10, you need to make a reservation on November 10. The Ticket office opens at 8:00AM, and you need to call right when it opens as these spots book quickly.You will be required to pay for this at the time of booking and tickets must be picked up on the day of the show at Guest Services, located to the left of the Disneyland Park entrance. Be sure to get your tickets before Guest Services closes.

This Premium Seating is set up along the river, in an area in front of the Haunted Mansion. Guests are served beverages by attending cast members before the show, and can help themselves to the dessert buffet. Desserts that we have enjoyed included cookies, Mickey rice krispies, chocolate dipped strawberries, macaroons, etc.. Seating is determined by first come first serve. About an hour before Fantasmic, go to the seating area with all of your tickets, and sign in with the cast member. About a half hour before the show they start seating in the order that people have checked in. Everyone in your party must be there with their ticket in order for your party to be seated. If you are not there, then they'll take the next person on the list. After the first show, guests can remain to watch the fireworks, if there are fireworks that night.

In either Puerto Vallarta or Mazatlan there is a man who paints with his fingers. Have you heard about him and do you know what port he is in? I am hoping to pick up one of his painting if I find one I like.

No, I didn't hear anything about him but I will keep an eye out on the boards. Have a great day and let me know if that fantasmic information helps. We are going to do it New Years Eve. Friday is the Halloween Haunt, I hope Mickey and friends have lots of candy ready! Have a great day.

Have a great day.

Good to hear, sorry I am so such a computer novice.

After I posted my question/request yesterday, I found that Cruisinmamma has uploaded upwards of a couple dozen (or more) versions of the Camp Carnival Capers. Happy reading.:)

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Camp%20Carnival%20Capers/

hb5

Good Morning,

I am so excited for you…. You are going to have so much fun at the Halloween Haunt this Friday. I hope you come home with lots of candy. I still wish I were going.

I know that when I enter Disneyland and see Main Street, I am going to be so happy - it will bring back so many memories for me. I saw Mickey once and I could not believe that I would want to take him home.

The information you gave me on the FANTASMIC DESSERT BUFFET is exactly what I was looking for. I am going to call them in the morning one month to the day before we are going, to ensure that I get a reservation for us all. You really are a very nice person. I would have never found this information on my own.

Is there any other information on Disneyland that I have not asked – that you think I might like to know?

Thanks, we will dress up for the elegant nights and then nice jeans and a nice tops for the rest. Will save a lot of clothes that we would have taken and we all will still look very nice. I am going to miss dressing up though ….I believe that you have to accept change and make the best of it.

Also on the Splendor, is there something that I did not ask - that was fun or important to you?

By the way, did you try the chocolate melting cake and was it as good as everyone says?

I love Early Saver, my daughter just got an OBC of $190.00 and we received one last month for $170.00. Carnival did not hesitate to give us the OBC and it worked exactly as they said it would….. Who could ask for more?

Have a wonderful day

Good morning to all,

Good Morning,

I am so excited for you…. You are going to have so much fun at the Halloween Haunt this Friday. I hope you come home with lots of candy. I still wish I were going.

Just have to pin up the little one's costume tonight and we are ready to go, our candy bags are empty and ready to go. The camera disks have been cleared off so we can take lots of pics as Disneyland is decorated for the holidays.

I know that when I enter Disneyland and see Main Street, I am going to be so happy - it will bring back so many memories for me. I saw Mickey once and I could not believe that I would want to take him home.

The information you gave me on the FANTASMIC DESSERT BUFFET is exactly what I was looking for. I am going to call them in the morning one month to the day before we are going, to ensure that I get a reservation for us all. You really are a very nice person. I would have never found this information on my own.

Keep me posted, I am glad that it helped. I am just getting too old to sit on the cold hard ground for hours on end so a little money for a nice seat, some hot chocolate, and some sweets is well worth it to me once a year or so.

Is there any other information on Disneyland that I have not asked – that you think I might like to know?

I think you are set, just have fun. Make sure to try Toy Story Mania, that is a lot of fun.

Thanks, we will dress up for the elegant nights and then nice jeans and a nice tops for the rest. Will save a lot of clothes that we would have taken and we all will still look very nice. I am going to miss dressing up though ….I believe that you have to accept change and make the best of it.

Yes, we also brought a lot of clothes that we didn't use once we saw how casual the ship was so you can save yourself a lot of pain of dragging them down here by leaving them at home. Nice casual clothes are fine for dinner.

Also on the Splendor, is there something that I did not ask - that was fun or important to you?

Nope, we just had one nice relaxing week. Something we all needed.

By the way, did you try the chocolate melting cake and was it as good as everyone says?

Every night!!! And they have the chocolate buffer on Saturday afternoon in the lido!

I love Early Saver, my daughter just got an OBC of $190.00 and we received one last month for $170.00. Carnival did not hesitate to give us the OBC and it worked exactly as they said it would….. Who could ask for more?

Congrats, we had 5 price reductions along the way which helped. Keep hoping for more for you.

Have a wonderful day

You too, tomorrow we are at the mouse!!!

Good Morning,

Mouse day.... lucky lucky you.....

We can now go on the Splendor knowing a lot of what we are going to do. Mostly relax and then relax some more. Enjoy the coffee and milkshakes and all the rest of the yummy things.

In Long Beach the night before, we are going to pick up the pop, lollipops and water for the ship. I think we will arrive at the pier at around 10:30Am, do you think this is too early?

When we get back..... it will be Mouse day for us....

I wish you the best of times tonight with lots of candy....

Good morning,

Just wanted to let you know that Halloween Haunt was great, as usual. Tons of candy, most will be donated, lots of pictures with the characters, and just a great time. It was a bit hot, over 90 most of the day, but we did pretty much everything we wanted to do although we spent so much time in Innoventions looking at the house of the future time really got away from us. But a great time and I know your family will have one too for the holidays.[

quote=BC Gal Ann;21760914]Good Morning,

Mouse day.... lucky lucky you.....

We can now go on the Splendor knowing a lot of what we are going to do. Mostly relax and then relax some more. Enjoy the coffee and milkshakes and all the rest of the yummy things.

In Long Beach the night before, we are going to pick up the pop, lollipops and water for the ship. I think we will arrive at the pier at around 10:30Am, do you think this is too early?

When we get back..... it will be Mouse day for us....

I wish you the best of times tonight with lots of candy....

Archived