Just Returned from Splendor W/4yo & 7yo

baismom

Good Morning,

Great idea giving him a gift card to purchase items. I am going to give our little girl some money when we are away and let her with my help pick up some Christmas gifts. Of course I will help her figure what she can spend on each person. I would have never thought of this myself... thanks.

I can tell by our posts that you and I think a lot alike. I also laughed when you said that you have a folder with all of your vacation information and paperwork in it. I also get made fun of because of mine. I am going to use your idea for the luggage tags. I was planning on laminating ours because they are so flimsy, but it would be easier to do it your way.

Our flight leaves from Kelowna to Calgary Alberta then to Los Angeles. We are coming home via Vancouver though. I have no idea why we have to go to Calgary instead of Vancouver. That is what our airline gave us. We will have quite a bit of luggage so I have rented a mini van so we will have lots of space.

I will tell the lady at the coffee bar - that a past passenger told me how much they enjoyed getting a coffee from her every morning. I will think of you when I am at the coffee bar and lift up my coffee to you for all of the great information you have given to me. I hope that we see dolphins, whales or anything else that is around. That would make it so special.

My suitcase is going to be full.... one DOD glass every day and maybe 2 monkey heads if I can get them.

I will give Frank your best regards and tell him that you will be seeing him soon. I will also tell him that you have become my friend on this forum.

Is the Rainforest cafe in Disneyland?

Knowing me, I probably will get tears in my eyes when I see the castle turn into the snow castle. I will make sure I have some kleenex. We will take our video and digital cameras with us, thanks for the heads up.

Have a great day.

Ann :)

Good morning,

Good Morning,

Great idea giving him a gift card to purchase items. I am going to give our little girl some money when we are away and let her with my help pick up some Christmas gifts. Of course I will help her figure what she can spend on each person. I would have never thought of this myself... thanks.

It's never too early to start teaching about the value of money and things. And the kids love to get gift cards these days, we always have a few Disney ones to give out as birthday presents.

I can tell by our posts that you and I think a lot alike. I also laughed when you said that you have a folder with all of your vacation information and paperwork in it. I also get made fun of because of mine. I am going to use your idea for the luggage tags. I was planning on laminating ours because they are so flimsy, but it would be easier to do it your way.

Even the wife laughs at my folder but I feel much better having everything all together in one place. The clear shelf paper worked out great, those paper luggage tags were just too flimsy as you say and this made them much stronger. We did try the laminating but those were too stiff to get around the luggage handles and the shelf paper is so much easier to use, just cut and fold over the tags.

Our flight leaves from Kelowna to Calgary Alberta then to Los Angeles. We are coming home via Vancouver though. I have no idea why we have to go to Calgary instead of Vancouver. That is what our airline gave us. We will have quite a bit of luggage so I have rented a mini van so we will have lots of space.

That is one long trip but hopefully it goes well, you will be tired by the time you get here but that is why your coming in early so you can be nice and fresh for Sunday morning.

I will tell the lady at the coffee bar - that a past passenger told me how much they enjoyed getting a coffee from her every morning. I will think of you when I am at the coffee bar and lift up my coffee to you for all of the great information you have given to me. I hope that we see dolphins, whales or anything else that is around. That would make it so special.

You should see dolpins along the way and it's getting real close to whale watching season here so maybe you will get lucky. In Cabo, you can go to the dolphin enounter and look through the window to show you little one. Maybe next time we will go in, we just wanted beach time, some nice cold beer, and some mexican food.

My suitcase is going to be full.... one DOD glass every day and maybe 2 monkey heads if I can get them.

I know, but at least you don't have to bring the rreal fancy clothes so that is one good thing.

I will give Frank your best regards and tell him that you will be seeing him soon. I will also tell him that you have become my friend on this forum.

Thank you so much, your going to have a great time and he will love the gifts.

Is the Rainforest cafe in Disneyland?

Rainforest is in downtown disney, it's a chain but the food isn't bad and all kids love it with the robot animals and the fake rain and such. If you don't eat there at least walk through the store, it's fun. It is open for brreakfast, lunch, or dinner and isn't that expensive compared to other places in the area. The adults like to go next door to ESPN and watch games and play games but rainforest is very nice.

Knowing me, I probably will get tears in my eyes when I see the castle turn into the snow castle. I will make sure I have some kleenex. We will take our video and digital cameras with us, thanks for the heads up.

Your not the only one, it happens to everybody. And then when the castle changes then the snow (soap crystals) start falling from the sky. I know that isn't much to you but us warm weather people it's very nice. I was raised in Chicago so I have had enough winters, 70 degrees is now winter for me, I am such a baby now.

Have a great day.

You too, under 3 weeks to go.

Good Afternoon,

3 weeks to go.... wow it has come so fast... we got another OBC because of the early saver program.... as you know that program really does work, it you pay attention to pricing.

Everytime I put another document into my file, I think of you and your file. I phoned the Bon Voyage Dept. and received a printed confirmation regarding the acohol I ordered for our room. Just to make sure if it does not arrive then I will receive the credit back.

I have heard that the California Adventure ride is a must see.. what do you think?

Have you ever tried a massage in PV or Mazatlan? If there is time, I am thinking of having one....

I also would like to try coconut shrimp in Mazatlan if I can, I am going to ask Frank. I also have heard there is a wonderful bakery downtown that is worth trying.... Have you been there? SeaShell City is a spot that my daughter found out about on google and is going to ask Frank to take us there.

I actually am looking forward to going to the WalMart in PV if that is possible. It must all of the posts that I have read....

In the grocery shops etc. where they post the products in pesos, I am going to go with 10 pesos to the dollar as it will be easier for me to figure out if I want it or not. I know that figure is not accurate, but close enough for me. Do you have a different way of figuring prices out?

I would love to see whales and dolphins.... I will look for them especially near Cabo.

In Cabo, My family can decide what they want to do and I will follow their lead that is if I even get off the ship. I would love to spend the day at the beach relaxing, having a margarita and plain having fun.

Have you ever played bingo on a cruise ship? I have not, but may play a game with my daughter. That is if she wants to.

Thanks for all of your help.... as I say, you are helping make this holiday exciting and special.

Have a great day.

Good Morning

Good Afternoon,

3 weeks to go.... wow it has come so fast... we got another OBC because of the early saver program.... as you know that program really does work, it you pay attention to pricing.

Congrats, that is alwasys gret news to get as you get ready to leave.

Everytime I put another document into my file, I think of you and your file. I phoned the Bon Voyage Dept. and received a printed confirmation regarding the acohol I ordered for our room. Just to make sure if it does not arrive then I will receive the credit back.

Me too, I had all my bon voyage confirmations in my folder but everything was received as ordered. My file was complete, laughing.

I have heard that the California Adventure ride is a must see.. what do you think?

You may be thinking of Soaring over California, and yes that is a can't miss. California Adventure is a seperate park from Disneyland but if you have park hopper tickets you will be fine. That is also where you will find Playhouse Disney as well as the electrical parade at night. Don't miss soaring, it is great.

Have you ever tried a massage in PV or Mazatlan? If there is time, I am thinking of having one....

Haven't tried that yet but they are readily available. We were talking last night about what t do in port next time and we may just buy day passes for a nice hotel on the beach.

I also would like to try coconut shrimp in Mazatlan if I can, I am going to ask Frank. I also have heard there is a wonderful bakery downtown that is worth trying.... Have you been there? SeaShell City is a spot that my daughter found out about on google and is going to ask Frank to take us there.

The shrimp in mazatlan is fresh, Frank will take you past the fish market. It is wonderful but mostly grilled fresh with a pacific lobster. Frank will also take you too the bakery which is across the street from the church and down the block from the mercado. Great stuff there but I must admit we also stopped at Starbucks too. Shell City is nice, it is where Frank will stop in the Golden Zone so that will be no problem at all.

I actually am looking forward to going to the WalMart in PV if that is possible. It must all of the posts that I have read....

We did too to ge some small things and some liquor, lots os people from the ship will be there as well as Costco.

In the grocery shops etc. where they post the products in pesos, I am going to go with 10 pesos to the dollar as it will be easier for me to figure out if I want it or not. I know that figure is not accurate, but close enough for me. Do you have a different way of figuring prices out?

laughing, i did the same, much easier to figure out. Dollars are alwas accepted but if you pay with credit cards then it will calculate 13 per dollar.

I would love to see whales and dolphins.... I will look for them especially near Cabo.

Sometimes the captain will announce them but i am sure you will see some dolphins playing along the way. They love to follow the ships.

In Cabo, My family can decide what they want to do and I will follow their lead that is if I even get off the ship. I would love to spend the day at the beach relaxing, having a margarita and plain having fun.

that's what we did, went to medrano beach, sat under an umbrella at a restaurant, ate, drank, and played in the water. You can't go wrong there. you can either take a taxi or a water taxi there, most people on the ships end up there.

Have you ever played bingo on a cruise ship? I have not, but may play a game with my daughter. That is if she wants to.

Always and have never won anything in 30 years but we played together and the lille one had fun.

Thanks for all of your help.... as I say, you are helping make this holiday exciting and special.

Always a pleasure and i love to help.

Have a great day.

Have a grea day, 2 weeks until we head to Disneyland to see the holidays.

2 weeks until you go back to winter decorated Disneyland ... you are so lucky and will have the best of times. I am sure that a person could see it a hundred times and still feel how special it is. What a start to the holidays.

Just think, a little bit later, I will be seeing the same things.... wow....

My neice was proposed to at Disneyland, they had gotten a picture taken at a sign that said " May All Your Dreams Come True". They were waiting for the fireworks to start and just as they started, he got down on his knee and asked her to marry him. It was so romantic.... What an incredible memory for them. Who says Canadians are not romantic.

30 years... you must have been on a few cruises..

The first cruise we took, they almost had to drag me onto the ship - I did not see any reason that I would like cruising. Thought I would feel limited to what I could do. This was totally not true. When the seven days were up, they had to drag me off the ship as I was not ready to leave. This is when we felt that cruising was our holiday of choice. It took 5 years for us to plan our next one. That is never going to happen again if we can help it. We now plan on cruising every year.

Soaring California, that is the ride that I was talking about. Thanks for the heads up. I am not sure what Playhouse Disney is? Is it like the one on TV? Electrical parade - can not wait.

I saw a picture of Frank on the Mexican Rivera board, he looks like exactly as I thought he would. I also picked up a lot of tootsie roll candy after Halloween to bring with us.... again it is going in my daughter and sons suitcases. They just laugh at me and say "mom you are too funny".

Did you try the goodies in the bakery? Do you have a favorite? Was the coffee good, I know you went to Starbucks, but was wondering about the coffee at the bakery. I always enjoy coffee with a goodie. Did Frank join you. I would love for him to come with us.

I did not realize that there was a Costco in PV. That is one place that I do not plan on going to. I really would rather go to locals stores and shops.

I have truly come to realize how much you and I think alike. It is amazing.

Medrano Beach in Cabo... If we go there, I would like to take a water taxi, but would hope that I do not have to climb out of the boat in the water as I would fall flat on my face - I am so uncoordinated.

Did you join your Roll Call for the your Splendor sailing? I am quite undecided at the moment. I posted a few things, but have not been back for a long time.

Is it true that while you are in Long Beach, that anything you purchase on the ship - you pay sales tax. Even if this is true... the DOD will still taste as good.

Have a nice day....

Good morning,

2 weeks until you go back to winter decorated Disneyland ... you are so lucky and will have the best of times. I am sure that a person could see it a hundred times and still feel how special it is. What a start to the holidays.

We are ready to go, that's for sure. You will be there shortly to see the magic.

Just think, a little bit later, I will be seeing the same things.... wow....

2 weeks until your adventure begins, the plans are done and now it's just a short wait until Long Beach.

My neice was proposed to at Disneyland, they had gotten a picture taken at a sign that said " May All Your Dreams Come True". They were waiting for the fireworks to start and just as they started, he got down on his knee and asked her to marry him. It was so romantic.... What an incredible memory for them. Who says Canadians are not romantic.

That is amazing, that is something thet will always remember and can pass down. Somebody put some thought into it.

30 years... you must have been on a few cruises..

I fell in love the "The Love Boat" and that was it, I have always loved the sea tough.

The first cruise we took, they almost had to drag me onto the ship - I did not see any reason that I would like cruising. Thought I would feel limited to what I could do. This was totally not true. When the seven days were up, they had to drag me off the ship as I was not ready to leave. This is when we felt that cruising was our holiday of choice. It took 5 years for us to plan our next one. That is never going to happen again if we can help it. We now plan on cruising every year.

Good for you, no reason to wait especially when you do it as a family.

Soaring California, that is the ride that I was talking about. Thanks for the heads up. I am not sure what Playhouse Disney is? Is it like the one on TV? Electrical parade - can not wait.

Playhouse Disney is a little 20 show with the characters that are on tv in the moning on the Disney channel. If your grandaughter likes watching thse shows then she would enjoy this. You will love soaring, it is amazing but you might want to get fastpasses because the lines can get long. Get your fastpass, then do something else and come back when your time is up and then go right in.

I saw a picture of Frank on the Mexican Rivera board, he looks like exactly as I thought he would. I also picked up a lot of tootsie roll candy after Halloween to bring with us.... again it is going in my daughter and sons suitcases. They just laugh at me and say "mom you are too funny".

Mazatlan is great, he is going to show you a great time and the weather will be perfect, not too hot and humid.

Did you try the goodies in the bakery? Do you have a favorite? Was the coffee good, I know you went to Starbucks, but was wondering about the coffee at the bakery. I always enjoy coffee with a goodie. Did Frank join you. I would love for him to come with us.

Yes, but very rich. It would have been nice if they had some danish or something in the morning instead of the desserts though. We did have the cookies delivered to the room through bon voyage and we always had those on hand for our coffee. The coffee was very good at the coffee bar, no complaints. When we were in port we did stop at starbucks for an iced latte since it was so hot and humid and we did bring Frank in and did take him to lunch with us too, we insisted. Once you meet him you will understand why we consider him a family friend and not a tour guide. It's like visiting a relative in a different city, you will see and he likes starbucks too.

I did not realize that there was a Costco in PV. That is one place that I do not plan on going to. I really would rather go to locals stores and shops.

Laughing, but everybody wanted to see what Walmart and Costco in a different country looked like. We too would rather spend our money with the locals instead of a big chain where who knows where the money goes.

I have truly come to realize how much you and I think alike. It is amazing.

It's nice, it really is.

Medrano Beach in Cabo... If we go there, I would like to take a water taxi, but would hope that I do not have to climb out of the boat in the water as I would fall flat on my face - I am so uncoordinated.

Yes you will and that is what the wife did, it was so rocky when it was time to leave she couldn't get back in the water taxi. But when she did we all had a great laugh, it was part of the experience. Medrano Beach is where most people will head if not on a tour, tons of beach restaurnts, umbrellas for shade, nice water. I am sure any of the restaurants are fine and the beer and margaritas were good too and all the kids from the ship played in the water while the adults had a great time.

Did you join your Roll Call for the your Splendor sailing? I am quite undecided at the moment. I posted a few things, but have not been back for a long time.

I did, and it was fun. We meet some really nice people but unfortunately the week went by so quickly we weren't able to meet everybody.

Is it true that while you are in Long Beach, that anything you purchase on the ship - you pay sales tax. Even if this is true... the DOD will still taste as good.

Yes, if you buy a soda card, you will pay tax, if you buy your dod card you will pay tax. It's best to wait until the ship leaves to buy your cards but have your dod right when you board on the way to lunch in the lido. If you board at 11:30-12:00 when they should start then your room would be ready by the time your finished with lunch and your tour of the ship. Camp Carnival will also be open for inspection but you can register online before you go to save lots of time at the orientation meeting on Sunday night.

Have a nice day....

Have a great day, it's coming soon and I almost can't wait until you get back home so I can hear everything day by day.

Everytime I think of Disneyland, I get a little flutter of excitement. I am sure our little one will love to see Disney Playhouse as she does watch Disney shows on Saturday mornings.

How does the fastpass work? I am not familar with it. Where do you get them?

I also enjoyed the show - the Love Boat.

When we lived in Vancouver, we used to go to the beach all of the time and watch the waves come in. I would check out all of the driftwood and sometimes I would bring that special piece home with me.

In Cabo, I can just see myself falling out the of the water taxi and then not being able to get back in.... they might have to tow me back to the dock... I will have to think that one out, I may take a regular taxi.

Mazatlan, I know is going to be one of my favorite stops. I have never tried any baking from Mexico, so I am going to try the bakery near the church that you told me about. I hope that Frank will join us. We are so lucky to have been able to book him for a private tour. Have you ever purchased any spices or hot sauces there?

I also read somewhere that the children or people bagging your items in the grocery stores are doing it only for the tips, they do not get paid. Do you know if this is correct?

Yummy, cookies from room service. Our little one and I are going to be ordering them whenever she wants.

I am now showing her lots of pictures of the Splendor. We watch any slideshows that I can find. Our little one always wants to stop and really check out the water slide and the water park when she sees the pictures.

I know that she will be very excite the night before, as it then will become real to her.

Thanks for confirming the tax on goods in Long Beach. We will wait until we sail to purchase the soda card and coffee cards. Have you ever tried a Miami Vice, that is one drink I want to try.

Did you go up on deck to watch the sail away? I would like to do that if time permits. We are early dining so it might not work out.

We will register her online tonight for Camp Carnival... thanks for the information. Another document to add to the file...

I am going to scan our passports and keep a copy of them at home and with us in case someone loses theirs. Hopefully that will not happen.

At the steakhouse, can you request a window table or do they just seat you where ever they want? I am going to request a window - we will see what happens.

Have a great day.

Good afternoon, Got so frustrated trying to figure out my new phone I thought I would check some cruise news.

Everytime I think of Disneyland, I get a little flutter of excitement. I am sure our little one will love to see Disney Playhouse as she does watch Disney shows on Saturday mornings.

Then she will love the show, very interactive. Once you enter California Adventure it will be on your left as you approch the main plaza. It's a cute short show, we used to go often when the little one was little, so often the narrator knew his name, that is scary.

How does the fastpass work? I am not familar with it. Where do you get them?

It is your ticket, some crowded rides offer the option of waiting in the long lines or inserting your ticket into a machine and giving you a fastpass. This pass will give you a time to return to the ride and walk right in and not have wait or the wait will be very short. It really helps maximize your time. Like for Soaring over California, you could get a fastpass, then go see Playhouse Disney or something else, and return at your time and walk right in. Also, if you have time please see the Alladin show in California Adventure, it is very very good for all ages, just like the movie but a live play for no charge.

I also enjoyed the show - the Love Boat.

I still watch reruns, what can I say. I do miss those small boats where you go to know everybody but times change and that isn't what people want these days. People don't go anymore to meet people they want bigger and bigge ships whith more things to do, it is not just a resort on water. I am a old fashioned and miss the old ways but i just go with the flow. The new RCCL ships really have no interest from me, to me Carnival is still a cruise.

When we lived in Vancouver, we used to go to the beach all of the time and watch the waves come in. I would check out all of the driftwood and sometimes I would bring that special piece home with me.

We live near Malibu so often in summer we will go down to the beach for dinner and to just soak our toes. Lots of casual fish shacks that we love as well as fish taco stands which I am sure you will hit on your trip in some port. I love Vancouver, such a clean nice city and great people too.

In Cabo, I can just see myself falling out the of the water taxi and then not being able to get back in.... they might have to tow me back to the dock... I will have to think that one out, I may take a regular taxi.

It was so funny, the waves were so high, due to a hurricane on the way, that no matter how hard the wife tried she couldn't get in the boat. But in the end it was part of the adventure and everybody had a great laugh. If you have please bring water shoes or aqua socks or whatever people call them up your way. It makes things much easier and safer too. The taxis wanted $12 a person and the water taxi was $3 so that is why we chose the water for the short ride. It was still fun and just to sit, have a margarita, chips, fish tacos, and sit under an umbrella and watch the water, it doesn't get much better than that does it?

Mazatlan, I know is going to be one of my favorite stops. I have never tried any baking from Mexico, so I am going to try the bakery near the church that you told me about. I hope that Frank will join us. We are so lucky to have been able to book him for a private tour. Have you ever purchased any spices or hot sauces there?

Since we live in southern california we have lots of mexican bakeries here and you will enjoy them, the sweet breads especially with a cup of coffee. The bakery is very nice and popular and is right neat the mercado, Frank will show you where. Frank won't intrude unless you ask him to join you but I think appreciates the invitation, we insisted he joun us during each stop. We always purchase different sauces along the way, you will see lots of local items as well as the touristy ones. You are going to love the vanilla, I love mexican vanilla and mexican chocolate. Try a mexican hot chocolate at one stop you will be amazed, they really take pride in their chocolate.

I also read somewhere that the children or people bagging your items in the grocery stores are doing it only for the tips, they do not get paid. Do you know if this is correct?

Yes, that is true. Lots of people only work for tips, including the people who help you in and out of the water taxis, its vacation and we were visitors in their land so we treated them as we would like to be treated.

Yummy, cookies from room service. Our little one and I are going to be ordering them whenever she wants.

The cookies from the bon voyage department were great and always good to have late at night with one last latte while the moon sparkled on the ocean. The chocolate covered strawberries were great too, you can find some things a small shop near the photo gallery.

I am now showing her lots of pictures of the Splendor. We watch any slideshows that I can find. Our little one always wants to stop and really check out the water slide and the water park when she sees the pictures.

I know that she will be very excite the night before, as it then will become real to her.

Again, I strongly suggest the water shoes for the water park as it gets very slippery especially for the kids. It is lots of fun for all as is the water slide. I am sure she will be up very early on boarding Sunday ready to go, ours was up at 5:30 and ready to head to the pier, if only he would do that on a school morning but that isn't happening. Just to see his smile walking up the gangway to the ship is something I will never forget and I am sure it will be the same for your family. To see it through a childs eye is amazing.

Thanks for confirming the tax on goods in Long Beach. We will wait until we sail to purchase the soda card and coffee cards. Have you ever tried a Miami Vice, that is one drink I want to try.

I think that may have been one of the drings of the day, we purchased one daily so knows what they were, they were all good especially when your on vacation. We are getting ready to deposit for the Splendor again so then we will have something to look forward to.

Did you go up on deck to watch the sail away? I would like to do that if time permits. We are early dining so it might not work out.

It isn't like it used to be, they didn't make much of a fuss, and you will be in the safety drill, as it's called now, until right before you leave. We had early dining too, due to being with a child, but that worked out good since we had window sheets and got to look at the water before it got dark. We are going to choose anytime dining for the next trip in case we meet nice people along the way.

We will register her online tonight for Camp Carnival... thanks for the information. Another document to add to the file...

Yes, much better to take care of that paperwork at home, then just bring it to the camp carnical orientation at 7:30 the first night and your set. Introduce yourself to Natalie at Camp Carnival, she was fantasice.

I am going to scan our passports and keep a copy of them at home and with us in case someone loses theirs. Hopefully that will not happen.

a great idea, and once you get your sign and sail cards make a picture of those with your cell phone just to have with you in case they get lost, your like me it never pays to be too safe.

At the steakhouse, can you request a window table or do they just seat you where ever they want? I am going to request a window - we will see what happens.

Yes you can, they really weren't busy our week becuase we went when schools were out and they had over 800 kids on board so it was really mostly families. A great meal, you will enjoy.

Have a great day.

You too and please keep asking questions because it keeps reminding of things like the water shoes that are needed and the camp carnival registration. 2 weeks to go and it's your turn. Take good notes, I want a detailed day by day review of your trip.

Good Afternoon,

I have never heard of the Aladdin Show, must make sure we get to see it.

So much to see, so little time.....

I also am going to spend a day at Knotts Berry Farm, I asked my husband to take me on the Tuesday to make sure that I get to go.... crafts, funnel cakes, jam and whatever - here we come.

I do not believe that I could go on a ship larger than the Splendor. That is where my limit is. I like to talk and mingle with people - most times I talk to someone that most people would ignore - in lots of cases they turn out the most interesting. I also talk to the staff whenever I have contact with them.

Living near Malibu, you must take the Coast Hwy a lot. It must be such a scenic drive. I think it would be wonderful to live in such a nice area of California. I bet you have seen some celebrities. I have seen a few in Vancouver..... I saw Arnold Schwarzenegger the last time I was in California.

Vancouver is a beautiful city and you are so right the people are very nice. My husband does not like living in big cities, so that is why we moved away. Most of our family still lives there and we visit quite often. In fact we might go down at Christmas if we have a lot of time off. It takes us about 5 - 6 hours to drive there.

I have never tried a fish taco, but hopefully this trip I will. They sound delicious. I will try a Mexican hot chocolate and purchase some of the sauces to bring home. Do you actually buy chocolate there, or is it a mix? What do you do with it when you get home?

I will also let Frank know that we would be happy for him to join us for any drinks, meals or stops that we have. In fact that is what we really would like to have happen.

I wish that they made a big deal of the sail away. It was so much fun on our first cruise. Bye the way we registered our little one for Camp Carnival.

I bet that we will arrive at the pier around 10am. Do they offer deals on touring the Queen Mary? I sailed on her when I was 2 years old..... Imagine that.... We took her from New York City to England.

Thank you for the heads up on the water shoes. We will have to pick up a pair for her as she had outgrown this year’s already.

I would have never thought of taking a picture of our sail and sign card. Great idea.

Anytime dining is something I would like to do on my cruise next year. Hopefully the Valor will have it.

Are you able to make arrangements for the photographers to take a special picture? I would love to get one at sunset on the deck with my family.

In the theatre where they put on the entertainment, is there a good spot to sit? I believe it has two levels.

800 kids on the ship while you were on it.... that is unreal..... Some people write about how annoying kids are, but I do not feel that way. In fact they really put a smile on my face most times... I find them interesting.... I also remember being young once.

I am not sure that I realize just how large the Splendor is. I can only imagine my excitement when I see her. She must be spectacular.

I will let you know how our trip went and do a review, but I am not a great writer. I hope that I will not bore you.

Have a wonderful sunny day,

And the countdown to single digets is on the way:[

quote=BC Gal Ann;22066341]Good Afternoon,

I have never heard of the Aladdin Show, must make sure we get to see it.

So much to see, so little time.....

It is fantastic, just like the movie. Check the showtimes when entering California Adventure so that you can plan your day.

I also am going to spend a day at Knotts Berry Farm, I asked my husband to take me on the Tuesday to make sure that I get to go.... crafts, funnel cakes, jam and whatever - here we come.

It will be fun but check with them to see when their holiday things start. I haven't seen any ads for them yet. It may start after Thanksgiving I am not sure.

I do not believe that I could go on a ship larger than the Splendor. That is where my limit is. I like to talk and mingle with people - most times I talk to someone that most people would ignore - in lots of cases they turn out the most interesting. I also talk to the staff whenever I have contact with them.

I can't see myself on the Oasis either just way too big for me, that isn't even really a cruise. I like to meet people and chat and on a ship with 5,000 people that isn't going to happen.

Living near Malibu, you must take the Coast Hwy a lot. It must be such a scenic drive. I think it would be wonderful to live in such a nice area of California. I bet you have seen some celebrities. I have seen a few in Vancouver..... I saw Arnold Schwarzenegger the last time I was in California.

Yes, we enjoy going down PCH as often as we can on Sunday drives, doesn't matter if it's north or south there are always interesting places to stop to shop or for lunch. We did have Lou Diamond Phillips in line behind us last night at El Pollo Loco, strange that you mention it. We do see lots of them in the area, but to us they are really no big deal.

Vancouver is a beautiful city and you are so right the people are very nice. My husband does not like living in big cities, so that is why we moved away. Most of our family still lives there and we visit quite often. In fact we might go down at Christmas if we have a lot of time off. It takes us about 5 - 6 hours to drive there.

I know the feeling, sometimes it can take over 3 to 5 hours just to drive from here to San Diego which is only about 150 miles, traffic is horrible.

I have never tried a fish taco, but hopefully this trip I will. They sound delicious. I will try a Mexican hot chocolate and purchase some of the sauces to bring home. Do you actually buy chocolate there, or is it a mix? What do you do with it when you get home?

Fish tacos are a must try, with a cold beer on the beach. Nice and hot and crispy, with some nice salsa, yum. Most mexican chocolate will come in bar form for baking or cooking. Ask around, I am sure you can sample some or Frank can send you to a reputable store for some, it's some of the best in the world.

I will also let Frank know that we would be happy for him to join us for any drinks, meals or stops that we have. In fact that is what we really would like to have happen.

I am sure he will appreciate it and during that time he gives you lots of info on the city and the people.

I wish that they made a big deal of the sail away. It was so much fun on our first cruise. Bye the way we registered our little one for Camp Carnival.

Great on the camp, it will save you lots of time. Heck, we didn't even get a horn blast from the captain telling us that we were leaving he just took off. I used to love the olden days, bon voyage parties, visitors, streamers thrown over the side of the ship, those were fun.

I bet that we will arrive at the pier around 10am. Do they offer deals on touring the Queen Mary? I sailed on her when I was 2 years old..... Imagine that.... We took her from New York City to England.

Yes, there will be a lady, at a table, near check in with discounts for the queen mary for you to use either on embarkation day or debarkation day. It is always nice to do especially for somebody who has sailed her before.

Thank you for the heads up on the water shoes. We will have to pick up a pair for her as she had outgrown this year’s already.

Yes, it gets quite slippery on the ship by the water and it never hurts to be extra carreful.

I would have never thought of taking a picture of our sail and sign card. Great idea.

It is, just in case you are in port and it gets lost you can still get back on the ship easily.

Anytime dining is something I would like to do on my cruise next year. Hopefully the Valor will have it.

They say that by next year all of the ships will have at least one dining room with anytime dining but who knows how fast they can roll it out.

Are you able to make arrangements for the photographers to take a special picture? I would love to get one at sunset on the deck with my family.

Yes you can make an appointment but they are out every night with about 9 - 10 stations for pictures with different backgrounds.

In the theatre where they put on the entertainment, is there a good spot to sit? I believe it has two levels.

That is the number one complaint about the ship, horrible sight lines in the theater. Sorry about that but they are bad.

800 kids on the ship while you were on it.... that is unreal..... Some people write about how annoying kids are, but I do not feel that way. In fact they really put a smile on my face most times... I find them interesting.... I also remember being young once.

Me too, they didn't bother me a bit but I am sure some people complained that maybe they got splashed a bit or some child was running down the hall. No big deal to me as long as it was good clean fun. I never thought it was overloaded with kids although at some times the check in lines for camp were long but you won't have that problem.

I am not sure that I realize just how large the Splendor is. I can only imagine my excitement when I see her. She must be spectacular.

Very nice, but not so large it is intimidating. You will have a great time.

I will let you know how our trip went and do a review, but I am not a great writer. I hope that I will not bore you.

I am sure it will be great, I just want to hear all the great details.

Have a wonderful sunny day,

A little cooler today but still nice. You have to remember we are babies here, when it dips below 70 degrees we call it winter and don't go out, laughing but true.

The snow is all gone - we are having exceptionally warm weather this week. It is so much nicer not having snow. 70 degrees to us is warm and swimming weather. That is another reason we are bringing a wet suit for our little one, as I know that she will want to swim in the outdoor pools at the hotels.

Our daughter wanted me to ask you what your favorite cruise was and where?

I just confirmed the reservations for my husband and son at Flight Deck Air Combat Centre in Anaheim. They are going to be doing a Echo Mission - they will spend 70 minutes in an aircraft simulator. Should be lots of fun for them.

As for celebrities, I really do not care either way... just a question..

I did not know what El Pollo Loco was so I looked it up on google. Sounds like delicious chicken. I see that they have 6 of these restaurants in Anaheim. If there is time, I will go there.. Are they any other restaurants that you can recommend in Anaheim?

At the steak house on the Splendor, did you try the chocolate dessert that has 4 different kinds on a tray? I think I might try that one, I am not sure what they are, but they do look so interesting.

Our daughter just realized that we can purchase Knotts Berry Boysenberry jam right at the theme park. She was so happy...I can hardly wait to see her face when she sees all the other items that we can buy.

Have you ever tried the fruit popsicles that they make in Mexico? I just found out about them last night. That is something I really want to try.

I will ask Frank to help me get the good Mexican chocolate. My suitcase is going to bulge with all that I am going to pick up on this vacation. I do not care, if I have to I will pick up another suitcase and fill it. It still will be cheaper than mailing the items home.

On the Splendor, I am mostly going to wear running shoes and sandals, as I want to feel comfortable. Is that what you wore?

Thank you so much.... you have given me such incredible information.

Have a nice warm day,

Good morning,

The snow is all gone - we are having exceptionally warm weather this week. It is so much nicer not having snow. 70 degrees to us is warm and swimming weather. That is another reason we are bringing a wet suit for our little one, as I know that she will want to swim in the outdoor pools at the hotels.

Good news! The captain will have the canopy over the pool for the first day or two so swimming will be no problem, then it's hot hot hot in Mexico a wonderful time of year to visit.

Our daughter wanted me to ask you what your favorite cruise was and where?

I love the eastern carribean, St. Thomas and St. Maarten are my favorite ports. But anytime ont he water is better than a day at work. Also, we chartered a boat in the carribbean and just sailed for 10 days which was great, we went all over which was nice too. We did Windjammer once before they went out of business and that was a great experience. Also, barge cruises in Europe are great, slowly meandering down the rivers.

I just confirmed the reservations for my husband and son at Flight Deck Air Combat Centre in Anaheim. They are going to be doing a Echo Mission - they will spend 70 minutes in an aircraft simulator. Should be lots of fun for them.

That sounds great, I am going to have to try that, you all are going to have a great time, it will fly by but enjoy every moment.

As for celebrities, I really do not care either way... just a question..

Us too, we see them everywhere so it's no big deal. They are just people and once our son started working with them it just made it no big deal.

I did not know what El Pollo Loco was so I looked it up on google. Sounds like delicious chicken. I see that they have 6 of these restaurants in Anaheim. If there is time, I will go there.. Are they any other restaurants that you can recommend in Anaheim?

It is just simple citrus marinated chicken, plain grilled nice and healthy. It comes with sides, tortillas, and such and makes a good quick and pretty inexpensive meal. There are so many restaurants on Harbor Boulevard that you can't go wrong. We eat at Downtown Disney often to avoid the park food and still be close. If your family likes sports try the ESPN Zone, they have large reclyners to watcht the many tvs and the food isn't bad at atll.

At the steak house on the Splendor, did you try the chocolate dessert that has 4 different kinds on a tray? I think I might try that one, I am not sure what they are, but they do look so interesting.

No, we were starting to go through chocolate overload with the melting cakes each night and we were so stuffed.

Our daughter just realized that we can purchase Knotts Berry Boysenberry jam right at the theme park. She was so happy...I can hardly wait to see her face when she sees all the other items that we can buy.

Yes, all Knotts products are available in the marketplace right near the amusement park gates. You will find lots of great products as well as their chicken to go. If you have a fridge in your hotel room it may be good to get some on your way back to the hotel to keep for snacks. We are out of dips so we are going very soon where we also will get some jams too. It is only about 10 minutes fron Anaheim so it's an easy drive.

Have you ever tried the fruit popsicles that they make in Mexico? I just found out about them last night. That is something I really want to try.

Always, we have them here too with the very large mexican population. They are very refreshing as are some of the different flavored ice creams that you won't find out of Mexico. Ask Frank and he can take you. Also you get fresh made tortillas which are so much better than store bought ones. They make them at California Adventure too and that is always my son's first stop for samples as well as samples of San Francisco sourdough bread.

I will ask Frank to help me get the good Mexican chocolate. My suitcase is going to bulge with all that I am going to pick up on this vacation. I do not care, if I have to I will pick up another suitcase and fill it. It still will be cheaper than mailing the items home.

Funny, that is why we packed one suitcase with soda and water, once we emptied it in the room then it was free for souveniers. But we bought so many pictuers and the wife scrapbooking stuff on board it wasn't big enough.

On the Splendor, I am mostly going to wear running shoes and sandals, as I want to feel comfortable. Is that what you wore?

Always, and to be honest even for dinner. I had gotten new walking shoes so with a nice hawaiian shirt and nice pants it was fine for dinner. Only on the 2 dress up nights did I wear nicer shoes. It is a very casual cruise so be comfy.

Thank you so much.... you have given me such incredible information.

Always a pleasure,

Have a nice warm day,

You too, very nice weather today, I hope it keeps up for 2 weeks for you.

good Afternoon,

Man, you really have been on a lot of different types of cruises. I wish I could have been tucked away in your suitcase - so that I could experience all of the fun, scenery and local flavor that you have.

I saw a video on Youtube of a jet landing in St. Maartens, boy the plane looked like it was low and just above the beach. If I ever go there, I am going to find out when the planes land to see it for myself. It was incredible. We are considering a B&B or whatever it is called, the first out of Fort Lauderdale and getting off that cruise ship and going to the port of Miami to the Valor. We are going to talk about it while we are on the Splendor. The highest cost for us is to fly from here to Miami, so we want to make the most of it.

Has your son heard anything back yet? One of our favorite producers is Jerry Bruckheimer. My daughter and I will watch anything that he is involved in.

I somehow forgot about the chocolate melting cake that I am going to have most nights... I agree that it would be total chocolate overload. I will have to try some cheesecake instead. My next favorite.

I did not realize that it was only a 10 minute drive to Knotts Berry Farm from Disneyland... of course I am not one of the drivers... my husband and son are going to share the driving. I am going to relax and see the sights.

Mexican ice cream.... man am I ever going to put on weight.... I am going to try everything..... and I mean everything....

I have never tried a fresh tortilla - I am so happy to try all of these things. When I am at California Adventure, I will try it again. yum. San Francisco sour dough bread... I am hungry already.

I am hoping to pick up a tortilla maker and a basket to put in the deepfryer to make a salad shell out of them. I am not sure what it is called. I thought I would find them in Mexico, but I may be able to pick them up in Anaheim. Do you have something like this?

I bet your wife has some incredible scrapbooks...It takes great imagination and commitment to do one. I did a scrapbook for my mother-in-law about her life, marriage, and family. It was 160+ pages. She really loves it. I have not done any scrapbooking since. Maybe after this trip my daughter, our little one and I will make a memory book.

Thanks for the heads up on the running shoes... I am so glad as I love comfort first... I am going to wear black leather dress sandals for the elegant nights.

Do you know if you can go to the pursers desk and get a deck of playing cards? if so, I am not going to pack any.

I am so excited about this holiday...... everyone in my family is now talking about it and what we are going to be doing....it does not get better than this. I only hope that the time does not fly by while we are away.

Have a great day....

Good afternoon,

good Afternoon,

Man, you really have been on a lot of different types of cruises. I wish I could have been tucked away in your suitcase - so that I could experience all of the fun, scenery and local flavor that you have.

I have been fortunate, my parents taught us to see the world while we were young and my brothers and I all took it to heart. Life is about experiences and not things to me but that is just my opinion.

I saw a video on Youtube of a jet landing in St. Maartens, boy the plane looked like it was low and just above the beach. If I ever go there, I am going to find out when the planes land to see it for myself. It was incredible. We are considering a B&B or whatever it is called, the first out of Fort Lauderdale and getting off that cruise ship and going to the port of Miami to the Valor. We are going to talk about it while we are on the Splendor. The highest cost for us is to fly from here to Miami, so we want to make the most of it.

Yes, it's crazy. A lot of people don't like St. Marteen but we love it, if you treat the people as you wish to be treated then you will always be fine. I love eastern carribbean for the beaches and the shopping, we are thinking of a back to back in 2011 after one more trip on the Splendor. If you are considering that make sure you buy your future cruise certificates on the Splendor, money is money right? You pay $100 for each certificate and get that back off your final bill as well as $100 on board credit. We are planning on buying lots of them next time for our back to back. I love Fort Lauderdale too, we love to spend a few extra days there before each cruise.

Has your son heard anything back yet? One of our favorite producers is Jerry Bruckheimer. My daughter and I will watch anything that he is involved in.

Not yet, we are waiting, he is in 3 plays right now so he is quite busy in addition to school. We never rest but at least he hasn't had any auditions in the past week so it isn't too bad.

I somehow forgot about the chocolate melting cake that I am going to have most nights... I agree that it would be total chocolate overload. I will have to try some cheesecake instead. My next favorite.

That's what we had, we didn't want to overload before the chocolate buffet on Saturday afternoon. That is overload.

I did not realize that it was only a 10 minute drive to Knotts Berry Farm from Disneyland... of course I am not one of the drivers... my husband and son are going to share the driving. I am going to relax and see the sights.

Yes, a very short drive so it's nice for you. Everything is close by and you will find lots of good restaurants near Knotts too. We like the Cliam Jumper chain and that is right next door to Knotts.

Mexican ice cream.... man am I ever going to put on weight.... I am going to try everything..... and I mean everything....

I have never tried a fresh tortilla - I am so happy to try all of these things. When I am at California Adventure, I will try it again. yum. San Francisco sour dough bread... I am hungry already.

Yes, they have some very strange flavors, like made with flowers and such, and it's great. We love to eat the foods of the places we go, it's part of the experience. A fresh tortilla is great, you will find them everywhere in Mexico and you can see them made at California Adventure and then get free samples. Across from that is the sourdough bakery where you can watch the bread be made and get more free samples. We always partake, it's part of our Disneyland tradition, laughing. A nice bowl of chowder in a sourdough bread bowl can't be beat.

I am hoping to pick up a tortilla maker and a basket to put in the deepfryer to make a salad shell out of them. I am not sure what it is called. I thought I would find them in Mexico, but I may be able to pick them up in Anaheim. Do you have something like this?

You may mean a tortilla press and yes you can find them pretty much anywhere. They are very easy to make, you can even buy the prepaid mix and then just add water, press, and grill. You are then talking about how to make tostada shells, here is an easy trick from an old chef. Take a large old can, throw a flour tortilla into a fryer and press the can in the middle, the tortilla will form to the can and presto you have your tortilla shell.

I bet your wife has some incredible scrapbooks...It takes great imagination and commitment to do one. I did a scrapbook for my mother-in-law about her life, marriage, and family. It was 160+ pages. She really loves it. I have not done any scrapbooking since. Maybe after this trip my daughter, our little one and I will make a memory book.

Laughing so hard, she is so many years behind it isn't even funny. She buys all of the books, pages, cutters, stickers and such but doesn't have the time to catch up. They do have some nice scrapbook things on board that you should look at as well as in Disneyland in the photo shop.

Thanks for the heads up on the running shoes... I am so glad as I love comfort first... I am going to wear black leather dress sandals for the elegant nights.

You are set, less things to pack and with all the walking on board it's nice to be comfortable. We still overpacked, we really didn't realize how casual the ship was, next time we will surely know better.

Do you know if you can go to the pursers desk and get a deck of playing cards? if so, I am not going to pack any.

Shhhs, don't tell anybody. We went everyday and got a pack. I know, not nice but we gave some of them away when we got home. I am sure they really didn't mind.

I am so excited about this holiday...... everyone in my family is now talking about it and what we are going to be doing....it does not get better than this. I only hope that the time does not fly by while we are away.

Enjoy every moment, take lots of pics, and those memories will always be remembered by everybody especially the little one.

Have a great day....

You too, enjoy. Single digets are almost here.

I totally agree with you. Life is to be lived to the fullest. Material items only make you comfortable, not happy.

I also believe like you do that if you treat people with respect you never have a problem with them, no matter what country you are in. I would love to go to St. Maartens. That would be the first part of the back to back, if we can swing it.

Certificates here we come. I am going to pick up at least 2 of them and my family is going to do the same. Everyone likes to get a deal and boy this is a deal.

You son, wife and you are so very busy.... 3 plays ....That must take up a lot of time and effort on everyone’s part. I do not know how your son can memorize 3 plays at one time. He must be a natural. He has quite the schedule with school and everything. He must be an exceptional child and is learning skills that will last him a lifetime.

The chocolate buffet on Saturday.... did they have fruit, cookies, cake, and goodies with it? I can almost taste it now.

You have mentioned restaurants that I have never heard of before... If only I was there for a couple of weeks - I would try them all.

Great tip on the tostada shells. I would have never figured that out on my own. I am going to try and make them for dinner one night - a nice taco salad with avocadoes and all the fixings – yum.

We do not have many Mexican restaurants where I live. The closest one is Taco Bell and it does not even taste very good. The ones in the US are way better. That is why I have so little knowledge on Mexican food.

We will pick up scrapbooking items on the ship and in Disneyland. I can imagine that your wife is a little overwhelmed when it is time to do the scrapbooks. They are so time consuming. The only reason I did mine was because it was something I always wanted to do and I was sick and at home for 3 months…. So I had a lot of time. Otherwise it probably would only be a glimmer in my brain. I am sure that one day she will get them done.

Flowers and other items like that in ice cream– I have never heard of that before. I was thinking maybe mango or fresh fruit. I guess that is what makes Mexican ice cream so different. I will get Frank to take us to a good spot for the ice cream.

Did he take to you where the locals live? I really want to see what Mazatlan is really about and not just the tourist areas. I have heard that most of the people in Mexico are friendly, kind and very nice. I hope this is true.

This weekend I am going to go through my clothes and pick the ones I can mix and match for the cruise. Did you bring jeans on your cruise? I am packing 2 pairs as that is what I am most comfortable wearing. One item I am going to pack that is unusual is a sham wow, as I like to hand wash some items and it will help them dry faster. .

Shhhhh I will not tell anyone………happy that I do not have to pack any playing cards.

Hope that your weekend is lots of fun.

Good morning, well the Splendor is docked and your now officially one week closer to vacation!

I totally agree with you. Life is to be lived to the fullest. Material items only make you comfortable, not happy.

I also believe like you do that if you treat people with respect you never have a problem with them, no matter what country you are in. I would love to go to St. Maartens. That would be the first part of the back to back, if we can swing it.

Hopefully you will get there next time, we are looking forward to going back too, so nice with one side of the island dutch and one side french.

Certificates here we come. I am going to pick up at least 2 of them and my family is going to do the same. Everyone likes to get a deal and boy this is a deal.

Yes, we will get enough for our back to back on next years Splendor trip. Can't refuse free money especially if your going to cruise anyways.

You son, wife and you are so very busy.... 3 plays ....That must take up a lot of time and effort on everyone’s part. I do not know how your son can memorize 3 plays at one time. He must be a natural. He has quite the schedule with school and everything. He must be an exceptional child and is learning skills that will last him a lifetime.

Thank you, we don't know how he does it but he does, he walks around with 3 different scripts in his hands and keeps them straight. But he loves to do it and it's his choice.

The chocolate buffet on Saturday.... did they have fruit, cookies, cake, and goodies with it? I can almost taste it now.

They have pretty much everything, either chocolate or something that can be dunked with chocolate. We went so overboard that we couldn't even get close to finishing our plates, I guess we just finally got chocolate overload. But taste everything, I like the fruit dipped in chocolate. But that buffet gets crowded and messy so plan accordingly.

You have mentioned restaurants that I have never heard of before... If only I was there for a couple of weeks - I would try them all.

Even we don't try them all and keep attempting to, but all will go well. I just saw the first Knotts MERRY Farm commercial on TV this morning and I know your looking forward that that part of your trip through the old west so to speak.

Great tip on the tostada shells. I would have never figured that out on my own. I am going to try and make them for dinner one night - a nice taco salad with avocadoes and all the fixings – yum.

It works and saves you from buying something you just need to store.

We do not have many Mexican restaurants where I live. The closest one is Taco Bell and it does not even taste very good. The ones in the US are way better. That is why I have so little knowledge on Mexican food.

For some it's a taste you have to build up. we have friends from back east who won't even try it. For me, wherever I go I like to try what the locals eat, it's part of the adventure. For your trip you will get lots of fresh seafood grilled the mexican way with butter and garlic, so enjoy and don't forget those wonderful fish tacos with a cold beer, you will have to trust me on that one. Some mexican food can be very upscale too and is wonderful especially if you can try a good mole.

We will pick up scrapbooking items on the ship and in Disneyland. I can imagine that your wife is a little overwhelmed when it is time to do the scrapbooks. They are so time consuming. The only reason I did mine was because it was something I always wanted to do and I was sick and at home for 3 months…. So I had a lot of time. Otherwise it probably would only be a glimmer in my brain. I am sure that one day she will get them done.

I am sure, I see they have been pulled out finally so maybe progress will be made. But they do have some nice books onboard so check them out.

Flowers and other items like that in ice cream– I have never heard of that before. I was thinking maybe mango or fresh fruit. I guess that is what makes Mexican ice cream so different. I will get Frank to take us to a good spot for the ice cream.

Yes, flowers and for some reason it works, the mango and other fruits work great too but I love those in the fruit pops you mentioned before.

Did he take to you where the locals live? I really want to see what Mazatlan is really about and not just the tourist areas. I have heard that most of the people in Mexico are friendly, kind and very nice. I hope this is true.

Extremely friendly, he did take us around some in the tour but next year he is going to take us up where he lives and show us around, that we are looking forward too. At the mercado and in the older part of town you will see how the locals at least shop, I could spend hours in there.

This weekend I am going to go through my clothes and pick the ones I can mix and match for the cruise. Did you bring jeans on your cruise? I am packing 2 pairs as that is what I am most comfortable wearing. One item I am going to pack that is unusual is a sham wow, as I like to hand wash some items and it will help them dry faster. .

Yes, I brought jeans and if you pair them with a nice top you can even wear them to dinner so that is even less you need to take. I must say having such a casual dressed cruise came in real handy after a day in the sun. By the way it will be about 85 here late this week so the weather here is holding up nice for you and your family.

Shhhhh I will not tell anyone………happy that I do not have to pack any playing cards.

They do make nice small gifts, get lots of them, they really don't mind.

Hope that your weekend is lots of fun.

Enjoy, and your one week closer, 2 hours until this weeks passengers board and pretty soon it's your turn.

As always you have great information for me. I only hope I remember all of it. I will have to go back through everything that we have posted and do hightlights of all of the information.

I do not know what a mole is, it sounds like a drink to me.

On the Splendor - what are the hairdryers like? Will I need to bring one from home?

Did you take a thermo cup to keep your coffee hot while you drink it? I am thinking of bringing a couple. I have also read somewhere that the glasses at the buffet are very small and that a person should bring a larger glass if they like a lot to drink. Do you think that this is necessary?

Do you think post it notes are handy and a yellow highlighter?

So far I have $150.00 in one dollar bills for tipping. I had to put a row of elastic bands on all the bills as it looks like a huge bank roll - I am flattening it out, so that it does not take up as much room in my purse. (I hope this last paragraph makes sense.)

Did you go to the past guest party or get together and is it worth it going?

I am so glad that this cruise is going to be much more casual, as I really do not want to pack loads of clothes.... I always over pack, no matter where I go. I want space to bring back the goodies I plan on buying. Of course I will have to do a wash at some point, but who cares.

You would be so happy with my file, I have put plastic dividers in it with labels on the top on what everything is.... You only have to look at it to pick out what you want. I have covered our luggage tags with the plastic you told me about... we are set to go... just need to pack.

I can hardly belive that the cruise is coming up so fast.... 12 days to go....

Have a wonderful warm day.

Happy Monday to all,

As always you have great information for me. I only hope I remember all of it. I will have to go back through everything that we have posted and do hightlights of all of the information.

I do not know what a mole is, it sounds like a drink to me.

No, it's a very complex sauce using chocolate and spices. It is served over meats and is quite delicious if you happen to see it on a menu. I have even seen it made on the Iron Chef on the Food Network.

On the Splendor - what are the hairdryers like? Will I need to bring one from home?

I believe they weren't very powerful, the misses brought her own.

Did you take a thermo cup to keep your coffee hot while you drink it? I am thinking of bringing a couple. I have also read somewhere that the glasses at the buffet are very small and that a person should bring a larger glass if they like a lot to drink. Do you think that this is necessary?

I just got a Carnival one in the gift shop, they had some nice ones but they stayed pretty hot in the cups from the coffee shop. Yes, the cups in the lido are small, but they are fine. It is never a long walk to refil them. I woudn't bother bringing a larger cup along but if your buying the soda sticker then you will be getting drinks at the bar and not the lido buffet.

Do you think post it notes are handy and a yellow highlighter?

Of course I brought them, you know me well!!!! Laughing.

So far I have $150.00 in one dollar bills for tipping. I had to put a row of elastic bands on all the bills as it looks like a huge bank roll - I am flattening it out, so that it does not take up as much room in my purse. (I hope this last paragraph makes sense.)

More than enough but always good to have.

Did you go to the past guest party or get together and is it worth it going?

It was very crowded so we skpped. We were thinking of all the things we didn't do last time and it really was fine, we just did our own thing (sat on the balcony) and rested. Actually at night we found ourselves watching the movies under the stars instead of doing the bars at night. Just some popcorn, a drink, a piece of pizza, and a blanket and we were great.

I am so glad that this cruise is going to be much more casual, as I really do not want to pack loads of clothes.... I always over pack, no matter where I go. I want space to bring back the goodies I plan on buying. Of course I will have to do a wash at some point, but who cares.

I am the worst overpacker but really I had no clue it would be that casual. I did wear jeans a couple of nights to dinner with a nice hawaiian shirt and I never thought I would do that. Next year I will be bringing much less and for you, who have to fly, it is so much nicer.

You would be so happy with my file, I have put plastic dividers in it with labels on the top on what everything is.... You only have to look at it to pick out what you want. I have covered our luggage tags with the plastic you told me about... we are set to go... just need to pack.

Getting closer, I am excited for you and the family. I just started getting my folder ready for next years trip. If it makes me happier to be organized and have everything right at my fingertips then so be it.

I can hardly belive that the cruise is coming up so fast.... 12 days to go....

Yes, the next Splendor trip will be the last one without you, the people getting on next Sunday will be the people you see getting off but with some sunburn, laughing. By this time next week you will be all ready to go. Do you fly out on Saturday morning? What time do you finally arrive in LA with all of the change overs?

Have a wonderful warm day.

Very warm today, we are getting ready for you here in LA.

Good Morning,

I am bringing my hairdryer, I like to take as little time as possible to do my hair - thanks for the tip.

I also do not intend to go to the bars or clubs on the ship. I really am not into that anymore.

Have you heard about a game called Quest that they play on the ship? I am not sure what it is.

Watching the movies under the stars and eating popcorn is right up my alley. I also plan on watching the Las Vegas type shows at night with our family, if that is what they wish to do.

If my son and daughter want to go to the past guest party, I will give them my invitation or whatever you get. If they do not wish to go, we will pass on it.

I plan on going to the casino with my daughter for a few laughs - she is the one that likes to play the penny machines... personally I get bored quite easily with gambling. Did you play any slot machines? I know that you found the casino smoky.

The only structure I plan on having is in Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta on our tours and of course in Disneyland. Otherwise I plan to play it by ear and see what comes up and what we want to do.

We have to leave home at 5:45am on December 5th so that we can arrive at the airport by 7:00 at the latest. We arrive in LAX at 3:20PM. We have reserved the Super Shuttle to Long Beach, as my husband does not wish to drive the first day.

We are going to take the Passport bus in Long Beach, just to see some sights, then a taxis to the Sees Store and the mall. We are also going to pick up water and pop for the cruise. We are going to go to Famous Dave’s BBQ for dinner. – than it will be time to go back to the hotel and start getting ready for bed as we will be very tired. (If there is time, we will let our little girl go for a swim in the pool.)

When we arrive back from the Mexican Rivera we have reserved the Super Shuttle to Anaheim where we will pick up our van rental around noon. I could not get a rental in Long Beach as they are all closed on Sundays. California here we come…. we will tour around and see the sights…..

On Monday we are going to be at Disneyland when it opens. When I think of Disneyland, I think of the song When You Wish Upon A star.... hopefully I will not start singing it. I have been known to do silly things when I am happy... I have been told not to quit my day job.... so you only imagine what I sound like.

Have a great Tuesday.

Good morning,

Well single digets are almost here, that is exciting!

Good Morning,

I am bringing my hairdryer, I like to take as little time as possible to do my hair - thanks for the tip.

I also do not intend to go to the bars or clubs on the ship. I really am not into that anymore.

Me too, I am sure glad I grew out of that phase and boy does it sure cut down on the sign and sail bill at the end of the cruise. It's amazing how much we all enjoyed just laying under the stars watching a movie by the pool at night, some of the most relaxing time I have had in a long time. Eveybody's different, but for us I guess that is what the week called for. It really wasn't a party ship at all, we never saw rowdy drunks at all during the week, that is one difference between a carribbean cruise and a mexican cruise I think. Although in Cabo some of the people finally let their hair down and had a good time at the beach.

Have you heard about a game called Quest that they play on the ship? I am not sure what it is.

No, we must have missed that but there is so much to do we couldn't do everything, we only made it to Bingo once and that was because the little one wanted to play and it was before one of the shows at night.

Watching the movies under the stars and eating popcorn is right up my alley. I also plan on watching the Las Vegas type shows at night with our family, if that is what they wish to do.

We so enjoyed the movies each night, the first show was pretty bad but the second one was much better but it's vacation so enjoy. We actually never made it to the comedy shows because we were watching the movies at night. I guess we would rather be out in the fresh air under the stars than in a room which could be quite cold. Don't miss the late night party by the pool either, lots of fun and food.

If my son and daughter want to go to the past guest party, I will give them my invitation or whatever you get. If they do not wish to go, we will pass on it.

You have been to one you have been to them all, in my opinion. Not much in the way of food and drinks as it used to be. I really don't remember what we did but we just decided not to go.

I plan on going to the casino with my daughter for a few laughs - she is the one that likes to play the penny machines... personally I get bored quite easily with gambling. Did you play any slot machines? I know that you found the casino smoky.

We did but it was smoky, one thing they fixed on the Dream. We played pretty much everytime we walked by for a bit, not much money just for fun. Unfortunately anytime you walked by the casino you were overwhelmed with smoke and that is the deck most public rooms are in.

The only structure I plan on having is in Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta on our tours and of course in Disneyland. Otherwise I plan to play it by ear and see what comes up and what we want to do.

That's the best way to do it, have a plan but be flexible, especially in PV where you really have 14 hours to explore every nook and cranny.

We have to leave home at 5:45am on December 5th so that we can arrive at the airport by 7:00 at the latest. We arrive in LAX at 3:20PM. We have reserved the Super Shuttle to Long Beach, as my husband does not wish to drive the first day.

I don't blame him you will all be tired, I am sure you will all just want to get to the hotel, grab a bite, and get some rest for the morning. By the time you get your luggage, get your shuttle, and get to the hotel in Long Beach it will be time for dinner.

We are going to take the Passport bus in Long Beach, just to see some sights, then a taxis to the Sees Store and the mall. We are also going to pick up water and pop for the cruise. We are going to go to Famous Dave’s BBQ for dinner. – than it will be time to go back to the hotel and start getting ready for bed as we will be very tired. (If there is time, we will let our little girl go for a swim in the pool.)

That Passport bus is great, it takes you all around, we used it too since we were staying by the terminal and needed to go back over the bridge to get back to downtown Long Beach. It sure will be mixture of excitement and being tired from the trip but you will all sleep good. Sunday morning will come quickly and I am sure you all will be peaking out the window to see if you can see the Splendor from your room. As I said when my little one saw it coming in from the previous cruise that was it, everybody up, everybody ready, and let's go.

When we arrive back from the Mexican Rivera we have reserved the Super Shuttle to Anaheim where we will pick up our van rental around noon. I could not get a rental in Long Beach as they are all closed on Sundays. California here we come…. we will tour around and see the sights…..

It will be nice to have a shuttle and have it taken care of for you to get to Anaheim. The disembarkment goes smoothly and quickly and you will be on your way very early that Sunday for the short drive to Anaheim, about 25 minutes.

On Monday we are going to be at Disneyland when it opens. When I think of Disneyland, I think of the song When You Wish Upon A star.... hopefully I will not start singing it. I have been known to do silly things when I am happy... I have been told not to quit my day job.... so you only imagine what I sound like.

Best to get there when the gates open and get to the busiest rides while it's not crowded. It will be magical for all and who doesn't sing Disney when they are there, I do too.

Have a great Tuesday.

Have a great day and it's one day closer.

I have no idea why the print from the previous post was so small, hopefully this one will be normal.

I am so glad that you think of singing also while in Disneyland. It really is such a magical place for some people. I think that you and I are kids at heart.

In Mazatlan at the Mercado:

Are you able to barter for goods there?

Did you go into the center of the market? I have heard that it is not everyone’s taste.

Do they have clothes and items like that there?

Are there washrooms at the market and do you have to pay to use them?

I bet that they sell hot sauces - my daughter wants to pick some up for her friends.

Is it a large market?

I am going to enjoy wandering around the old part of Mazatlan and seeing where the locals shop. I would love to stop in an outdoor café or coffee shop and just people watch.

Did you notice if they sold flavored rums on the ship? My son would like to pick up some that is made in the Caribbean.

I also was asked by one of my friends if I could pick up a rum cake or something like that from the ship, do you know if they such a thing?

In the elevators do they list the elevator buttons by the floor or by the name of the deck or both? I know this is a silly question, but I get lost easily. My first cruise, I was trying to go to the lido deck and somehow I ended up where you get off the ship in ports. I actually got off on that deck. Thank goodness there were 2 employees that helped me get to the Lido….I was so embarrassed, there I was red face and all…. Every time I saw them, they would smile and laugh – and ask if I needed help finding the Lido deck. I could not believe my eyes when I would run into them.

I heard that there was a wind storm in Palm Springs, did you get one where you are?

Counting down....

Almost Wednesday…. Do have a great day.

Good morning,

Another beautiful day here, 82 degrees, as we get ready for our Thanksgiving tomorrow and a nice long weekend. I hope all is well and the final plans are coming together.

I have no idea why the print from the previous post was so small, hopefully this one will be normal.

I am so glad that you think of singing also while in Disneyland. It really is such a magical place for some people. I think that you and I are kids at heart.

We will head down to Anaheim tomorrow after turkey time to see the nightime activities. We can't wait!

In Mazatlan at the Mercado:

Are you able to barter for goods there?

Yes you can, have your price and stick to it as best you can.

Did you go into the center of the market? I have heard that it is not everyone’s taste.

No it's not but in my opinion those are the snooty Americans who really don't want to be in Mexico or experience Mexico. A lot of it is food items that you don't see in a super market (whole animals and such). But to the locals this is normal. My grandmother used to pluck chickens, not all chickens come from a supermarket if you know what I mean. Take a look, it never hurts.

Do they have clothes and items like that there?

Yes, they have the usual tee shirts, sombreros, and lots of touristy items that aren't very expensive. Once you tour the church, visit the bakery, you won't have that much time at the mercado to continue your tour. Frank will want to get to the cliff divers before it gets too crowded.

Are there washrooms at the market and do you have to pay to use them?

I bet that they sell hot sauces - my daughter wants to pick some up for her friends.

Yes, there are. The misses did buy disposable seat covers to bring with her and yes on the hot sauces too. If you go to Famous Dave's to eat, right next door is Shoreline Village with shops and restaurants. They have a store there that sells nothing but hot sauces, you should check that out!

Is it a large market?

Yes, it would take a whole day to walk up each aisle even if you didn't stop much. Just pick a few aisles and experience what you can.

I am going to enjoy wandering around the old part of Mazatlan and seeing where the locals shop. I would love to stop in an outdoor café or coffee shop and just people watch.

Frank is going to take you to a lovely part of Old Mazatlan which has been restored, it looks like Spain and is very nice.

Did you notice if they sold flavored rums on the ship? My son would like to pick up some that is made in the Caribbean.

He is like me, I love them and always get them at AH Rhise in St. Thomas, my favorite spirit shop. Not so much in Mexico, you will find flavored tequilas though, the chocolate one was very good, our little one loved his taste. They did have some on the ship though.

I also was asked by one of my friends if I could pick up a rum cake or something like that from the ship, do you know if they such a thing?

Yes, the Tortuga rum cakes, very famous and yummy. They have them in the gift shop. I do buy them online during the year.

In the elevators do they list the elevator buttons by the floor or by the name of the deck or both? I know this is a silly question, but I get lost easily. My first cruise, I was trying to go to the lido deck and somehow I ended up where you get off the ship in ports. I actually got off on that deck. Thank goodness there were 2 employees that helped me get to the Lido….I was so embarrassed, there I was red face and all…. Every time I saw them, they would smile and laugh – and ask if I needed help finding the Lido deck. I could not believe my eyes when I would run into them.

I believe by number but there are maps everywhere and they pass out small ones to carry with you. Everything is pretty much on just 2 decks so it won't be a problem. Lido is deck 9 and once you find that you will be ok. By day 2 the Splendor will be your home.

I heard that there was a wind storm in Palm Springs, did you get one where you are?

They are called Santa Ana winds here and yes it's windy, these are very hot desert winds and that is driving up the temps but it makes my nose crazy and stuffy. They are slowing down a bit today and should be gone by Friday they say. It makes for nice summer weather and it possible for us to do some water rides tomorrow at California Adventure.

Counting down....

Have a great day, enjoy being in single digets, and LA looks forward to your visit. Hopefully you have time for the hot sauce shop in Long Beach, they give as many samples as you want or your stomach can handle.

Almost Wednesday…. Do have a great day.

Have a very nice Thanksgiving tomorrow.

Lucky you... going to Disneyland after the meal... enjoy the lights, excitement and all that goes with it. It is wonderful that you are able to go whenever you please.... it will always keep you young at heart.

How long does it take you to drive to Anaheim from where you live?

82 degrees.... Here it rained throughout the night, so it is cold, damp and just plain dreary... no snow though..... which makes everyone happy.

I am glad then that you are having the Santa Ana winds if they make it warm enough for you to be able to do the water rides at California Adventure.

Our plans are truly coming together.... I feel like I have missed something - not sure what it could be though....might be that I need to pack now....

The Mercado in Mazatlan sounds like I will really enjoy it.... I will go right to the center and not have a problem....some people think that the meat arrives in trays in the meat section....they have no idea, as you and I do.

I have hired Frank for 6 hours, so hopefully that will be enough time for everything. I also plan on having that Mexican hot cocolate at the bakery with a goodie....and then on to the the fish taco...I am sure Frank will direct us to where we can get a good one.

Thanks for the tip of disposal seat covers... would not have thought of that....

I went online to Tortuga Rum Cakes... they will ship to Canada... yah. yah... I will let my friend know. Now seeing what they are and your saying they are the best... I am going to pick one up on the ship for us for Christmas. I also saw on their website that they sell a set of their sauces... When I get back, I think I am going to order some. I really like the sound of the Mango and Ginger one. Have you tried any of their sauces.

I will also let my daughter know about the sauce shop in Long Beach. It will be much easier for her to pick the hot sauces up there.

I love the idea at Famous Dave's BBQ that they serve what they call the family feast in the lid of a garbage can... thanks for telling me that...that is a must try for sure.

I am having a pedicure and manicure next week - my daughter is treating me.... how lucky am I.

Did you bring extra clothes hangers for the ship or can you ask for extras?

I like to hang most of my clothes up, especially when I take a shower so the wrinkles will fall somewhat out.

I go and look at the Splendors ship cam every day now and dream.... we are on the starboard side and it looks like in Mazatlan that we will face the port. It might be interesting if that is true to watch people came back to the ship just before we sail.

This holiday is going to be incredible no matter what.... it could rain and we would be happy....life is what you make it....

Did you use anything to hold your balcony door open?

Did you bring a pair of binoculars?

Thank you, to you and California for the warm welcome... when I arrive at the airport, that will be my first thought.

Well do have a nice Thanksgiving and all the best to you and your family.

Good afternoon, just wrapping things up at work for the long weekend.

Have a very nice Thanksgiving tomorrow.

Lucky you... going to Disneyland after the meal... enjoy the lights, excitement and all that goes with it. It is wonderful that you are able to go whenever you please.... it will always keep you young at heart.

How long does it take you to drive to Anaheim from where you live?

Yes, we started going regularly when the little one was 9 months old and he loved it so we have just never stopped. We try to go about every 2 weeks depending on baseball and rehearsals. We are looking forward to tomorrow and seeing the snow castle, the Christmas Parade, and the Fireworks. We need to call on Monday to get our Fantasmic reservations for new years eve. We will try to get reservations for the 11:30 fantasmic and then stay in our seats for the midnight fireworks show. It takes about 45 minutes to drive there but that really isn't a big deal, it excitement makes it go fast.

82 degrees.... Here it rained throughout the night, so it is cold, damp and just plain dreary... no snow though..... which makes everyone happy.

Yes, a warm windy one tomorrow so it will be shorts to enjoy the day. It will get cooler at night but that is what hot chocolate and cookies are for, right? We will spend some time in Downtown Disney walking through the stores and just relax. As you probably know the mexican weather right now is a sunny 85 so you have a nice vacation to look forward to.

I am glad then that you are having the Santa Ana winds if they make it warm enough for you to be able to do the water rides at California Adventure.

Roaring Rapids is one of our favorites but you do get soaked, laughing. Splash Mountain is great and you don't get as wet.

Our plans are truly coming together.... I feel like I have missed something - not sure what it could be though....might be that I need to pack now....

I doubt you have missed anything, you seem to have it all together. It's the last week of waiting that gets tough. Right now the Splendor is in PV and 14 days from now you will be sitting at a beach there, eating nachos, having a margarita, and just soaking up the sun.

The Mercado in Mazatlan sounds like I will really enjoy it.... I will go right to the center and not have a problem....some people think that the meat arrives in trays in the meat section....they have no idea, as you and I do.

True, but it's nothing to be put out by. All of the food is clean and we did do lots of snacking there. Check out some of the spices, some of the chiles are amazing.

I have hired Frank for 6 hours, so hopefully that will be enough time for everything. I also plan on having that Mexican hot cocolate at the bakery with a goodie....and then on to the the fish taco...I am sure Frank will direct us to where we can get a good one.

Yes, that is good time for his normal tour, it will start at the church, bakery, and mercado. Then you will head to the cliff divers, then through the old restored part of town. Then head to the Golden Zone for some shopping and then you play it by ear. He will probably take you to Tony's for lunch, don't forget that great grilled shrimp and lobster there. He will handle everything and you always have 14 hours in PV the day before too to eat, drink, and be merry. There are many good restaurants there downtown for snack food and drinks.

Thanks for the tip of disposal seat covers... would not have thought of that....

That's a woman thing, I wouldn't have thought of that either but it's a good idea. she also found little travel rolls of Charmin becuase foreign tissue can be a bit rough on the tush if you know what I mean, laughing.

I went online to Tortuga Rum Cakes... they will ship to Canada... yah. yah... I will let my friend know. Now seeing what they are and your saying they are the best... I am going to pick one up on the ship for us for Christmas. I also saw on their website that they sell a set of their sauces... When I get back, I think I am going to order some. I really like the sound of the Mango and Ginger one. Have you tried any of their

sauces.

Tortuga cakes are a carribbean favorite and all ships carry them. They are nice to keep in the room to for a snack with coffee. they come in lots of flavors and they ship well. Yes, when in the carribbean we have had their sauces, I like to try lots of hot sauces especially some of the ones with mango or papaya in them, great on chicken.

I will also let my daughter know about the sauce shop in Long Beach. It will be much easier for her to pick the hot sauces up there.

A very short walk from Famous Dave's but bring a strong stomach if she is going to sample the killer ones, oh they are hot.

I love the idea at Famous Dave's BBQ that they serve what they call the family feast in the lid of a garbage can... thanks for telling me that...that is a must try for sure.

That is great for families, just throw everything they make on the table and eat family style, pretty good bbq and a great staff. It's a lot of fun.

I am having a pedicure and manicure next week - my daughter is treating me.... how lucky am I.

Always a great way to start vacation, looking good in sandals.

Did you bring extra clothes hangers for the ship or can you ask for extras?

I like to hang most of my clothes up, especially when I take a shower so the wrinkles will fall somewhat out.

We didn't but they seemed to have enough, I am sure your cabin person will get you extras if you need.

I go and look at the Splendors ship cam every day now and dream.... we are on the starboard side and it looks like in Mazatlan that we will face the port. It might be interesting if that is true to watch people came back to the ship just before we sail.

I usually check it out too. We were on port last time and liked it because in PV we got to see the whole city just sitting on our balcony. Starboard you are good in Mazatlan but that is a working port and mostly cargo ships, you even have to take a tram from the ship to the passenger terminal where Frank will meet you. If your lucky you will smell the brewery making beer on your way into town.

This holiday is going to be incredible no matter what.... it could rain and we would be happy....life is what you make it....

It will be nice weather, this is the best time to go, when we went the humidty was tough to deal with, you get nice warm weather without the stickyness.

Did you use anything to hold your balcony door open?

No can do, unfortunatley. They have the A/C running in the rooms so it's tough to keep the doors open. It's not a sliding door as on some ships, it's a door that swings open.

Did you bring a pair of binoculars?

No, but it's not a bad idea to keep an eye out for dolphins and whales, although the dolphins were right next to our ship on our trip.

Thank you, to you and California for the warm welcome... when I arrive at the airport, that will be my first thought.

We wiill do our best, but as you say you will have a great time no matter what.

Well do have a nice Thanksgiving and all the best to you and your family.

The same to you, have a great weekend and get finishing up the packing, it's almost time to go.

Good afternoon,

I hope that Disneyland was all that you thought it would be and more.

I kept thinking about your family yesterday and all the fun you were going to have that night. It will be our turn soon... Yah....

I had no idea that the balcony door swing out. For some reason I thought that they were sliding doors.... really good to know, thanks.

I talked to the manager of the Vagabond Inn and asked for a newly renovated room. He told me that there would be no problem. He said that he would do whatever he could to make our stay a good one at the Inn.

That makes me so happy.

I have phoned our credit card company to let them know to approve any charges in the USA and on Carnival. I do not know if you have to do that there, but most Canadians that I know make sure that their credit card will work out of country. There is just so much fraud going on that the credit card companies might not approve the transaction if not notified before hand. (One less item to do, I am on the countdown).

A friend is staying at our home while we are away, to take care of our dogs and cat. It is so nice not to have to worry about that.

Our little girl is getting so excited - there are going to be so many firsts for her. The airplane ride, staying in a hotel, seeing the ship for the first time, cruising, Disneyland, Knottsberry Farm and so much more. She now asks how many sleeps before we leave.

We convinced her to leave her special blanket at home ( it is more like a quilt - double bed size) and to only take a small stuffy with her. We told her that she could shop and bring so much more home if she did. Thank goodness, she agreed.

In PV, you mentioned that there were some good restaurants there, could you please let me know the names of them?

I saw a picture of the Imperial platter from Tony's on the Beach. I could not believe how good it looked in the picture. Thanks for telling me about it.... I know what we are going to be having there. They are going to have to roll me back to the ship.

Have a nice weekend.

Archived