Just Returned from Splendor W/4yo & 7yo

baismom

Hi, just noticed this thread and haven't read of all of it. But I noticed a question about Quest. I believe that's just a Royal Caribbean thing -- an adult's only game reminscent of Let's Make A Deal, from what I heard of it (haven't been on RC).

Also, I hope anyone who's coming out to Southern Calif. about this time won't be expecting warm weather in the ocean. It's not like the beaches off of Florida.

Mark, I grew up in Woodland Hills, went to Parkman and Taft. Now living about ten miles to the north.

also caught mention of Playhouse Disney. My girl's now 12 so it's been a while since we've had the Disney Channel on (she won't be in the same room as anything Hannah Montana or High school musical:)) and longer than that that she's watched Playhouse Disney, which was the name given to the daytime block given over to preschoolers' programming, much like Nick Jr. is on Nick. Bear in the Big Blue House, Stanley, that type of thing. Disney has undoubtedly taken some of its popular preschool programming and made it into an attraction at the Disney parks.

Cruisin Chick,

We are going on the Splendor and then to Disneyland... We had not planned to go to the beach. Thanks for the info regarding the water being cold. The only beaches we will go to is in PV, Mazatlan or Cabo.

Our little one is 6 and loves everything Disney- so Disney Playhouse will be a great place for her to go. She is just staring to like Hannah Montana and High School Musical.

We are so looking forward to cruising and visiting California

Ann :)

Happy Monday, and week of vacation to you and the family,

Good afternoon,

I hope that Disneyland was all that you thought it would be and more.

I kept thinking about your family yesterday and all the fun you were going to have that night. It will be our turn soon... Yah....

We had a great time and it was pretty empty so we did much more than we thought we would. It was decorated beautifully and it is spiffed up and waiting for your visit shortly. We did get caught in traffic coming home (the midnight shoppers going to the outlet mall) so it was a long drive home.

I had no idea that the balcony door swing out. For some reason I thought that they were sliding doors.... really good to know, thanks.

I think it may have swung in but I am not sure, it definatley wasn't a sliding door like on Princess. And the balcony was much smaller than Princess but no complaints from me, any sea air is great.

I talked to the manager of the Vagabond Inn and asked for a newly renovated room. He told me that there would be no problem. He said that he would do whatever he could to make our stay a good one at the Inn.

That makes me so happy.

Good to hear, we looked for it on the way home but didn't happen to see it, so many hotels on Harbor Blvd. We wanted to check out the Marriott where we will spend new years eve.

I have phoned our credit card company to let them know to approve any charges in the USA and on Carnival. I do not know if you have to do that there, but most Canadians that I know make sure that their credit card will work out of country. There is just so much fraud going on that the credit card companies might not approve the transaction if not notified before hand. (One less item to do, I am on the countdown).

Always a good idea, it never hurts to play safe especially when a large (sign and sail bill) will come in at the end of the week.

A friend is staying at our home while we are away, to take care of our dogs and cat. It is so nice not to have to worry about that.

I can imagine since you will be gone for a time, it's also safer too to have somebody stay there.

Our little girl is getting so excited - there are going to be so many firsts for her. The airplane ride, staying in a hotel, seeing the ship for the first time, cruising, Disneyland, Knottsberry Farm and so much more. She now asks how many sleeps before we leave.

So many memories for her, when she gets back you can help her organize a nice scrapbook of her trip so that she will always remember. I can just see her in the Disney gift shops, but it's vacation.

We convinced her to leave her special blanket at home ( it is more like a quilt - double bed size) and to only take a small stuffy with her. We told her that she could shop and bring so much more home if she did. Thank goodness, she agreed.

Laughing, I know how that is, the beds are great but I missed my pillow.

In PV, you mentioned that there were some good restaurants there, could you please let me know the names of them?

So many along the beach, Joe Jacks, Daquiri Dicks, The Beach House. They range from very casual to very fancy. When your walking just check menus until you find something that hits the spot, maybe something on the beach with a view.

I saw a picture of the Imperial platter from Tony's on the Beach. I could not believe how good it looked in the picture. Thanks for telling me about it.... I know what we are going to be having there. They are going to have to roll me back to the ship.

It was as good as it looked and that was before the margaritas, laughing. Lots of great seafood along the whole coast which you can enjoy.

Have a nice weekend.

The packing is probably done, it's just now counting the hours until you leave for the airport. It must be hard to sleep dreaming of warm mexican beaches and Mickey Mouse.

Good Afternoon,

How nice that it was not too busy at Disneyland. It is so much nicer not having to wait for everything and of course as you say, you can get much more done. I probably have never seen such wonderful decorations as I am going to see there.

Spiffed up and waiting for our visit…. What a nice thing to say…

I thought of you this weekend and how much fun you must have had.

I also can hardly wait until our little one goes into a Disneyland store and sees all of the incredible items just for her. I am hoping to pick up a special Christmas present for her there. I will be keeping my eyes open.

Our little one is a true blessing and to spend time on a holiday with her for us all will be wonderful. I love the things that children say - they are so honest and innocent. Every day will be so much fun with having all of the family together.

We have packed coloring pages, paper and books with felts and pencils for her to draw and color. She really enjoys doing this type of activity when she is unable to go outside. Thought it might be handy on the airplane, at the pier waiting to board the ship etc.

Here is some news - I changed hotels in Long Beach. For some reason the Vagabond Inn just did not feel right to me. It kept nagging at me for the past month. I really tried hard to be happy about it. Even though the manager was so nice and wanted to help make our stay a good one, it still it did not seem right for us. We are now at the Hilton on Ocean Blvd.... I am so happy and relieved.

I just made the changes to our Fun Passes... so we are a go....

Funny, that you should mention an outlet center. I just found one this weekend near Anaheim... I am going to try and go there for an hour or so by myself as this might be a good spot to pick up a few small gifts for my family. If not I will go to a mall.

Your stores are open much longer than ours are here.

I also will miss my pillow, it is just too large to bring with us.

I am not quite packed; all of my husbands and my clothes are washed and ready to decide which ones to take. I am having company tonight for dinner, so it will have to be tomorrow night that I finish packing.

My daughter is thinking about purchasing a stroller (our little one has not been in one for at least 2 years) so that she will not get too tired at Disneyland. What do you think?

I would love to stay at the Marriott for New Years Eve - Wishful thinking though.

You are so lucky living in such a great area that has so many interesting places to see and experience.

How is your son doing with all of his plays? I think of him and what amazing work ethics he has at such a young age. I also think that all of the support and fun times you have with him makes for such a great father - son relationship.

Have you ever tried the sweet and sour shrimp on the ship? I read somewhere that it is delicious. I have read so many reviews etc. that I am starting to go on overload.

I feel that I have made a friend. I really cannot express how thankful I am with all of the information and kindness you have shown me.

6 days to go.

Good morning, your time is almost here!!!!!!!!!!!

[

quote=BC Gal Ann;22193357]Good Afternoon,

How nice that it was not too busy at Disneyland. It is so much nicer not having to wait for everything and of course as you say, you can get much more done. I probably have never seen such wonderful decorations as I am going to see there.

Spiffed up and waiting for our visit…. What a nice thing to say…

School is in session when you will be visiting so it shouldn't be too crowded for you. I hope you all get to do all that is on your list and I am sure you will. You are going to take some great pictures. When you get in make sure you find a photographer and ask him/her for a photo pass. That way all of the pictures they take of you will be saved and you can look at them when you get home. They will be set up all through the parks to take great pictures of you and the family and the wonderful decorations. Make sure you get them to take lots of pictures in front of the tree and the snow castle at night.

I thought of you this weekend and how much fun you must have had.

I also can hardly wait until our little one goes into a Disneyland store and sees all of the incredible items just for her. I am hoping to pick up a special Christmas present for her there. I will be keeping my eyes open.

Make sure you hit the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney as well as Libby Lu for the little one. I don't have a girl but I know girls love that shop as well as the Disney 365 shop. She is going to have a blast at the shops.

Our little one is a true blessing and to spend time on a holiday with her for us all will be wonderful. I love the things that children say - they are so honest and innocent. Every day will be so much fun with having all of the family together.

You are so blessed to be taking this trip with your whole family, it will be very special for everybody. I loved seeing the trip through my little one's eyes and it's always special to watch him at Disneyland and see the wonder in his eyes. From when he was a baby it was his most special place, even at 9 months he used to love going to watch the parades with the characters.

We have packed coloring pages, paper and books with felts and pencils for her to draw and color. She really enjoys doing this type of activity when she is unable to go outside. Thought it might be handy on the airplane, at the pier waiting to board the ship etc.

Always a great idea, when you check in at the pier you can always check out the Queen Mary while you wait to board. There isn't much else there while you wait. You will be given a card with a zone number on it, 1-9 and zone 1 usually boards around 12ish and lunch will be served then in the lido.

Here is some news - I changed hotels in Long Beach. For some reason the Vagabond Inn just did not feel right to me. It kept nagging at me for the past month. I really tried hard to be happy about it. Even though the manager was so nice and wanted to help make our stay a good one, it still it did not seem right for us. We are now at the Hilton on Ocean Blvd.... I am so happy and relieved.

I think you will be much happier there, the Hilton is right across the street from Shoreline Village and down the street from Famous Dave's. You now are in walking distance from everything and if you get a ocean view room you will see the ship, it never hurts to ask.

I just made the changes to our Fun Passes... so we are a go....

Funny, that you should mention an outlet center. I just found one this weekend near Anaheim... I am going to try and go there for an hour or so by myself as this might be a good spot to pick up a few small gifts for my family. If not I will go to a mall.

Your stores are open much longer than ours are here.

I am not sure which outlet is near Anaheim but there is the Mall of Orange and a few others nearby which are very good. An upscale mall called South Coast Plaza isn't very far away either and it''s very nice. The Citadel outlets, which opened at midnight which is why we got caught in horrible traffic, is about 20 minutes north away. Most of the other stores opened on Friday at 3 or 4 in the morning with their early bird specials.

I also will miss my pillow, it is just too large to bring with us.

The Carnival beds are so great you all are going to have great sleep, combine those great beds with the gentle rocking of the ship and it's great sleep for a week.

I am not quite packed; all of my husbands and my clothes are washed and ready to decide which ones to take. I am having company tonight for dinner, so it will have to be tomorrow night that I finish packing.

I am sure by now you are almost done and watching the clock as the hours tick away until time to leave for the airport.

My daughter is thinking about purchasing a stroller (our little one has not been in one for at least 2 years) so that she will not get too tired at Disneyland. What do you think?

Their is a lot of walking and many people do bring them but you can always rent one at the park so you don't have to carry it around. I know the little ones can tire and it is always nice to have if they want to catch a short nap during the day. You can always find a pretty cheap umbrella stoller though if you want to buy but renting at the park is good too.

I would love to stay at the Marriott for New Years Eve - Wishful thinking though.

You are so lucky living in such a great area that has so many interesting places to see and experience.

Oh but we have such bad traffic though but we are looking forward to Disneyland to change the year. We may try to go back to the hotel mid day for a short nap for the little one stays fresh to midnight but we will play it by ear. We will be there for 3 days so it's no rush to do anything, we can take our time.

How is your son doing with all of his plays? I think of him and what amazing work ethics he has at such a young age. I also think that all of the support and fun times you have with him makes for such a great father - son relationship.

So far so good, A Christmas Carol starts in 2 weeks and he is pretty much ready for that. The Sound of Music is in January and The Wizard of Oz is in March. He is polishing his songs with his vocal teacher as well as attending rehearsals most nights. It gets tough now because starting next week rehearsals are from 4-11 each night so there isn't much time to get homework done but it gets done. Yesterday he had another audition for some Power Ranger thing too, it never ends and baseball starts up again in January too.

Have you ever tried the sweet and sour shrimp on the ship? I read somewhere that it is delicious. I have read so many reviews etc. that I am starting to go on overload.

I believe that was the first night and it wasn't bad but we all had the spa tilapia and loved it that night. But we tried everything but had to leave room for the chocolate melting cake.

I feel that I have made a friend. I really cannot express how thankful I am with all of the information and kindness you have shown me.

Same here, I always look forward to your posts. It's been special and I can only hope that this trip is as wonderfull for all of you as it should be.

6 days to go.

Almost time to go, I am very happy for you

Good Morning,

Thank you for the information regarding a photo pass at Disneyland. We will make sure we get one. It will be so nice to see the pictures when we get home.

We are taking a Cannon SLR and a digital... hopefully these will take nice pictures. My son is really looking forward to taking pictures of everything. When he went to Roatan, he took at least 1000 - he then went through them, deleted the ones he did not like and made an album of the good ones. He has some really nice pictures.

I get flutters in my heart thinking of Disneyland and the beautiful sights and decorations. It will be the perfect finish to an amazing holiday. To be able to bring in the New Year at Disneyland would be a dream come true. It certainly will be a great start to 2010. 3 days at the Marriott will make it so much more relaxing for you. How nice.

I have ordered a taxi for 10:30AM to take us to the pier. Do you think this is a good time or should we change it? We are very flexible and can go at any time. As you know, we will be up at about 6am with our little one.

I am so very happy about the Hilton, I just phoned them and have requested an Ocean View; it will be wonderful if they are able to give us one. I did not realize the Famous Dave’s was just down the street. Just keeps getting better and better. We only have to find the Sees Chocolates and a store to pick up pop and water. I may pick up more items for Frank if I have time.

I know that our kids and granddaughter have no idea how large the ship is going to be. I can hardly wait to see their expression when they see her for the first time… that will be Kodak moment for sure.

It is the Citadel Outlets that I found. I thought they were in Anaheim, oh well it is not that far and will be a nice drive. No wonder you got in a traffic jam if they opened at that time in the morning… I wonder if they stayed open all night long.

Our WalMart store is now open 24 hours a day for the month of December, I cannot imagine shopping in the middle of the night.

I am so glad that the beds are comfortable on the ship. I love the feeling of that gentle rocking. I have packed a nightgown that is like a sundress, so that I can go directly out on the balcony in the morning with my coffee without changing, and if someone looks down or around the divider it will not matter. I plan on sending my dear husband to the coffee bar as soon as we wake up, so that we will have yummy coffee on the balcony. He is so nice that he will not hesitate to do this for me.

Just reading your son’s schedule makes me tired. A Christmas Carol, The Wizard of Oz and The Sound of Music are my all time favorites. He also sings… what a talented young boy. Maybe one day I will get to see him in a play. I know I have told you how amazing I think he is…. I truly do.

As for the food on the ship, I plan on trying everything that catches my fancy. I certainly will leave room for the chocolate melting cake. I am even going to try a burrito, even if they are not the true Mexican ones.

3 days until we leave….

Have a wonderful day.

Good afternoon again,

Good Morning,

Thank you for the information regarding a photo pass at Disneyland. We will make sure we get one. It will be so nice to see the pictures when we get home.

Yes, so much nicer than having to stand in line to see them there. They stay online for 30 days so there is no rush to look at them. And they have different things like borders that you can put on them as well as make souveniers out of your pictures. Check out disneyphotopass.com to see what they offer.

We are taking a Cannon SLR and a digital... hopefully these will take nice pictures. My son is really looking forward to taking pictures of everything. When he went to Roatan, he took at least 1000 - he then went through them, deleted the ones he did not like and made an album of the good ones. He has some really nice pictures.

Sounds like your set, we got a new Canon before out trip and it worked out great. We even bought my sone a cheap point and shoot camera so he wouldn't feel left out and he took some nice pictures too but he felt part of it because he had his own camera.

I get flutters in my heart thinking of Disneyland and the beautiful sights and decorations. It will be the perfect finish to an amazing holiday. To be able to bring in the New Year at Disneyland would be a dream come true. It certainly will be a great start to 2010. 3 days at the Marriott will make it so much more relaxing for you. How nice.

You are going to have a great time and you have a nice list of things that you want to see at both parks so your pretty much set. It won't be too crowded so you should be able to do everything you want. We are looking forward to going back but new years eve is very crowded but we thought it would be a good way to bring in the new year. That is the main advantage of having passes, if we don't get to do many rides it's no big deal, we can go anytime. You can see the people who don't, they are running and running to do EVERYTHING, trying to get their monies worth and it doesn't look fun.

I have ordered a taxi for 10:30AM to take us to the pier. Do you think this is a good time or should we change it? We are very flexible and can go at any time. As you know, we will be up at about 6am with our little one.

No time is perfect, it's up to the individual. Some people like me get there at 9 for the early check in before the crowds and then go have coffee or breakfast and come back for boarding. Some like to come late, when everybody else is already on the ship and not have to wait at all. Early check in starts between 8:30 and 9:00 and boarding starts between 11:30 and 12:30. I can just give you my opinion and that would be get there as early as possible, without stressing everybody out, check in and get your boarding passes while the lines are the shortest, and then relax. Walk around the Queen Mary and get something to eat or something from the catering truck. That is just me though, we like to be one of the first on the ship so we can get to the lido before it gets crowded. Remember the lido is the only thing open until the rooms are ready so everybody is heading there and it can get quite crowded that way. By getting there early we were assured of getting a zone 1 boarding pass and being one of the first on the ship, when we got to the lido it was pretty empty and that was nice, we got a nice table overlooking the water that way. But that is just my opinion but if everybody is up and ready to go then head to check in.

I am so very happy about the Hilton, I just phoned them and have requested an Ocean View; it will be wonderful if they are able to give us one. I did not realize the Famous Dave’s was just down the street. Just keeps getting better and better. We only have to find the Sees Chocolates and a store to pick up pop and water. I may pick up more items for Frank if I have time.

Your going to be very happy, you can walk to everything now, Shoreline Village has the hot sauce shop and it's right accros the street from the hotel, Dave's is just a short walk away. You are going to be very happy with your choice and your only 5 minutes from the terminal too. So much to see and do right near the Hilton, you will love it.

I know that our kids and granddaughter have no idea how large the ship is going to be. I can hardly wait to see their expression when they see her for the first time… that will be Kodak moment for sure.

It surely is, when we got on the gangway, which is pretty long, my son started counting out 15 seconds until I am on the ship, 14, 13, 12, etc. Plus, if you get there for early check in you can take lots of pictures before you get on, just walk towards the bow. And if your really really lucky and get an ocean view room at the Hilton you can take pictures as she comes back from this weeks trip. It is big, thats for sure.

It is the Citadel Outlets that I found. I thought they were in Anaheim, oh well it is not that far and will be a nice drive. No wonder you got in a traffic jam if they opened at that time in the morning… I wonder if they stayed open all night long.

That was the traffic back up and yes they were open for 24 hours, it is amazing how many people and cars were going there at midnight but it is very nice and has a very large selection of outlet shops with good prices.

Our WalMart store is now open 24 hours a day for the month of December, I cannot imagine shopping in the middle of the night.

Me neither, if you saw the crowds backed up on the freeway heading their for miles and miles you would have said they are crazy, it must hav taken some of them 3-4 hours just to park.

I am so glad that the beds are comfortable on the ship. I love the feeling of that gentle rocking. I have packed a nightgown that is like a sundress, so that I can go directly out on the balcony in the morning with my coffee without changing, and if someone looks down or around the divider it will not matter. I plan on sending my dear husband to the coffee bar as soon as we wake up, so that we will have yummy coffee on the balcony. He is so nice that he will not hesitate to do this for me.

Great beds, that's for sure, and the comforter is great. With the gentle rocking my son never slept so good although he did sleep with the towel animals the steward left each night as well as with the friendship Freddy that he made in Build a Bear. The dividers are pretty private so you will have no problems, the coffee bar will be your best friend in the morning, I know some people complain but I didn't find the lido coffee that bad either. And don't forget that 24 hour room service to have some delivered to your room whenever you want.

Just reading your son’s schedule makes me tired. A Christmas Carol, The Wizard of Oz and The Sound of Music are my all time favorites. He also sings… what a talented young boy. Maybe one day I will get to see him in a play. I know I have told you how amazing I think he is…. I truly do.

Thank you, when he makes his next movie or tv show I will let you know. I can't imagine keeping 3 scripts in my head as well as all the songs, dances, and scene blocking, but he always gets it. We will take them one show at a time and then work on polishing the next one. He told me he wants to do 42nd street next so it's tap lessons to start as soon as A Christmas Carol ends.

As for the food on the ship, I plan on trying everything that catches my fancy. I certainly will leave room for the chocolate melting cake. I am even going to try a burrito, even if they are not the true Mexican ones.

That's the fun of it, try everything. We just loved the Mongolian and rotisserie in the lido, especially the mac and cheese for the little one in the rotisserie. And if the little one wants a grilled cheese or something the deli in the back of the ship will be most happy to make one for her. If she dumgs you for dinner and eats with Camp Carnival they have a special children's buffet with chicken nuggets, pasta, and such. The soups in the dining room were very good too, we sure ate a lot and tried everything we could.

3 days until we leave….

The heck with that, your close enough to start counting hours, laughing. I am going to have so many questions for you when you get back, it's going to be great for everybody and by changing your hotel your going to get off to a great start.

Have a wonderful day.

Good Afternoon,

It is so hard to believe 2 days to go... where did the time go.

Room service coffee, how could I forget that? I am going to order it for 8AM on the Monday, as I am sure we will stay up really late on Sunday touring and experiencing the movie under the stars. Of course we will go to Camp Carnival welcome, registration and workshop. That will be a blast having fun the first night with our little girl.

The Disneyland Photopass website is wonderful... thank you....we would never have known about it, if you had not told me. When I saw a map of the park, my excitement grew. I am so much like a child at heart.

I agree running around trying to do everything in a frantic pace is not fun. I do not plan to do that, however with school still in, as you say it will not be busy. I plan on enjoying every minute and not rushing around. I plan to (stop and smell the roses...) and totally immerse myself in the enchantment of Disneyland.

I have changed the time for the taxi; it is going to arrive at 9AM, so that we can get to the pier early. I would like to get on board as soon as we can, so that we can eat lunch, tour the ship and people watch. I plan on going to the Mongolian station for my lunch. I will also take our little one up to the Rotisserie and get her mac and cheese. She was drawing a picture last night and brought it over to show me. It was a banana split. She said – see Nana this is what I am going to eat every night on the ship. She also asked me if they have chocolate milk. She is really excited. I also plan on having the DOD in the special glass and sit and enjoy the moment. Of course I will continue to people watch - as I find them fascinating.

You son now wants to take tap dancing lessons. Wow, he is an accomplished actor who sings and now will be able to tap dance. He is going to be so multitalented.

I cannot even comprehend doing 3 plays and deciding that he wants to do 42nd Street after the first one is finished. Then after that to take tap lessons. I have never met or heard of a child so dedicated to something he loves so much. Do you help him learn his lines? I would love for you to let me know when he is in a movie or TV show. I really enjoy hearing about his acting.

Well we are packed and ready to rock and roll. The only items I have to put in is my hairdryer and brush which I will use just before we leave. I changed from my good luggage to 2 duffle bags on wheels. The difference in weight is about 10 lbs a bag, and as you know weight is a problem when flying. I also packed a duffle bag in one of them, so that I will have room for all of my purchases.

I am so loving the Hilton....

I am going to miss our posts while I am away. If I get a chance I will go on the Internet and give you an update from the ship.

Counting the minutes and days.

Thank you,

Just wanted to point out that Libby Lu is no longer. Our local store closed around Christmas last year (or maybe January this year) and the other stores closed about the same time.

http://www.family-vacation-getaways-at-los-angeles-theme-parks.com/Club-Libby-Lu.html

Thank you for the info, since the store was for girls we just never noticed it was gone and we are at Downtown Disney quite often. I guess the Disney 365 store caters to the same group of girls and they seem to do makeovers and such there like Libby Lu did.

Thank you again,

Just one more thought Crusin Chick,

Just wanted to point out that Libby Lu is no longer. Our local store closed around Christmas last year (or maybe January this year) and the other stores closed about the same time.

http://www.family-vacation-getaways-at-los-angeles-theme-parks.com/Club-Libby-Lu.html

wouldn't you think an American girl store would do great in downtown disney? I am not too familiar with them but the store in the grove is always packed with shoppers and girl parties.

Well, first you count months, then you count weeks, then you count days, and now your down to counting hours until you leave. Just like Santa, I am sure you are checking your list twice to make sure you have everything and I am sure you do.

Good Afternoon,

It is so hard to believe 2 days to go... where did the time go.

Room service coffee, how could I forget that? I am going to order it for 8AM on the Monday, as I am sure we will stay up really late on Sunday touring and experiencing the movie under the stars. Of course we will go to Camp Carnival welcome, registration and workshop. That will be a blast having fun the first night with our little girl.

We always had room service every morning, coffee, bagels, and light stuff just to start the morning on the balcony before heading out of the room. Again, no charge so take advantage of it and the kids always like filling out the form and hanging it on the door. The Camp Carnival presentation doesn't last too long and since you have already filled out the paperwork you won't need to stay for the whole thing. You will be set for the welcome aboard party at 8:15 and the ice cream party at 9:00 and if she wants and it's ok the first build a bear at 10:00. A busy day for all.

The Disneyland Photopass website is wonderful... thank you....we would never have known about it, if you had not told me. When I saw a map of the park, my excitement grew. I am so much like a child at heart.

I know isn't it? We make up coffee cups and other things with the pictures they take. We just got our cd from them of all of our pictures from Halloween but we did buy some that we decorated with borders and such. They have so many nice products and projects you will have fun playing around on it when you get home and can use your pictures. Just ask the first photographer you see, they will be right by the entrance in tan vests standing by the flower Mickey to take your first picture. Make sure they take one with your palms in the air, they fill it in with Tinker Bell. And the one by the snow castle from last week came out great, I hope yours does too. It is a great website to play around on. People have asked Carnival to do the same so that you can see your pictures when you get home but no luck yet.

I agree running around trying to do everything in a frantic pace is not fun. I do not plan to do that, however with school still in, as you say it will not be busy. I plan on enjoying every minute and not rushing around. I plan to (stop and smell the roses...) and totally immerse myself in the enchantment of Disneyland.

Yes, you can't have fun if your only thought is to get your monies worth. Sometimes the fun is just sitting back and watching the scene unfold. It won't be too busy so you will have plenty of time for everything at both parks. You sound like me, like to take everything in, not just the rides but to see the people, the flowers, the decorations. Santa will be there too for pictures with the reindeer near Big Thunder Mountain so make sure not to miss him, he will be very upset. I keep thinking of things but check your maps and you will be fine, your there to enjoy your family first so everything will fall into place.

I have changed the time for the taxi; it is going to arrive at 9AM, so that we can get to the pier early. I would like to get on board as soon as we can, so that we can eat lunch, tour the ship and people watch. I plan on going to the Mongolian station for my lunch. I will also take our little one up to the Rotisserie and get her mac and cheese. She was drawing a picture last night and brought it over to show me. It was a banana split. She said – see Nana this is what I am going to eat every night on the ship. She also asked me if they have chocolate milk. She is really excited. I also plan on having the DOD in the special glass and sit and enjoy the moment. Of course I will continue to people watch - as I find them fascinating.

Just my opinion, like changing hotels, but I think you made a great choice. It's great to get zone 1 to get on first, eat while it's not crowded, and then take your tour and be ready to go to your room when the doors open around 2 or so. You don't want to fight the buffet crowds and want to get a window seat in the Lido but don't forget to get that dod on the way to the lido by the pool. have to start with a drink, right? That mac and cheese was a savior for our little one, he had it everyday with roast chicken although he loved the Mongolian too, but the lines for it are long and slow but it is good though. Not sure about the chocolate milk but the milkshakes are good at the coffee bar. Me, too, people watching is my favorite pasttime. That was our favorite thing to do in Cabo, get a seat at the beach, have a drink, some good mexican food, and just watch everybody play in the water, a great way to end our trip.

You son now wants to take tap dancing lessons. Wow, he is an accomplished actor who sings and now will be able to tap dance. He is going to be so multitalented.

Yes, he wants to get a head start on 42nd street before rehearsals begin at the end of January. We told him we could start after A Christmas Carol is over since starting next week he has it 7 hours a day for final rehearsals.

I cannot even comprehend doing 3 plays and deciding that he wants to do 42nd Street after the first one is finished. Then after that to take tap lessons. I have never met or heard of a child so dedicated to something he loves so much. Do you help him learn his lines? I would love for you to let me know when he is in a movie or TV show. I really enjoy hearing about his acting.

It's what he loves to do, be on stage in front of people. His first job was at 4 and his first performance was in front of 1,800 people. We were ready for him to walk out on stage, see the people, and run off screaming, but that never happened. He did his part and after the bows and applause it's all he wants to do. We don't push anything on him, he knows what he wants to do and what he doesn't, all we ask is that he try different things and then decide, be open minded.

Well we are packed and ready to rock and roll. The only items I have to put in is my hairdryer and brush which I will use just before we leave. I changed from my good luggage to 2 duffle bags on wheels. The difference in weight is about 10 lbs a bag, and as you know weight is a problem when flying. I also packed a duffle bag in one of them, so that I will have room for all of my purchases.

I am so loving the Hilton....

I am sure everything is ready to go, the folder is by your side in a travel bag with all of your documents and now you just sit and wait. You will love the Hilton and where it's located right in the middle of downtown.

I am going to miss our posts while I am away. If I get a chance I will go on the Internet and give you an update from the ship.

That would be great but we will touch bases when you return as I will have lots of questions. When you get back it may be easier to email me at markrosenthal@charter.net

Counting the minutes and days.

If we don't touch bases tomorrow, have a safe and timely flight, a wonderful cruise, a great time with Mickey and Friends, and a great time with Snoopy and Friends and Knotts. Have a great time, smell the roses as you say, and enjoy the blessings that you can share this with your family the ones who mean the most to you, that is the most special gift of all.

My bags are packed and I am ready to go......

Just wanted to do one last post to say.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.... yours words and encouragement have made the time before our cruise so special. With all of the information I now have thanks to you.... it will help make our holiday that much more fun.

You are an amazing man......

I will give Frank your regards, and let him know that you are looking forward to seeing him on your next trip.

Have wonderful days,

The time has come.

My bags are packed and I am ready to go......

Just wanted to do one last post to say.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.... yours words and encouragement have made the time before our cruise so special. With all of the information I now have thanks to you.... it will help make our holiday that much more fun.

You are an amazing man......

I will give Frank your regards, and let him know that you are looking forward to seeing him on your next trip.

Have wonderful days,

Just wanted to wish you again the trip of a lifetime, enjoy every minute, take it all in, and remember how lucky you are to be able to do this with the ones closest to you. Tomorrow is the day and I look forward to hearing from you when you return.

• 2 weeks later...
Just one more thought Crusin Chick,

wouldn't you think an American girl store would do great in downtown disney? I am not too familiar with them but the store in the grove is always packed with shoppers and girl parties.

It probably would. Those dolls are incredibly expensive (about $100), plus the clothes and accessories are also on the high side. The cafe is also very expensive. Was glad that my daughter was only interested in the books and seeing the movies when she was a tween.

I sure am glad I don't have any girls then, that could ring up quite a bill. I know some of my son's friends have had birthday parties there 9at the Grove), that must have run up a pretty nice bill.

Smooth seas[

quote=Cruisin' Chick;22315329]It probably would. Those dolls are incredibly expensive (about $100), plus the clothes and accessories are also on the high side. The cafe is also very expensive. Was glad that my daughter was only interested in the books and seeing the movies when she was a tween.

Archived