Just Returned from Splendor W/4yo & 7yo

baismom

Good afternoon,

How wonderful that you had such a good time at the Halloween Haunt. I know what you mean about so much candy.... one can only eat so much. I thought about you and your family all day Friday....

I have never heard of Innovations... will have to check it out...

It snowed here today, about 4 inches - it is really early and is not cold enough to stay, thank goodness. I can tell you, I am really looking forward to our holiday, especially if our winter is going to be a long one.

Have you ever taken school supplies to give to a school in Mexico? I picked up quite a bit at the beginning of the school year. I will ask Frank to give it to a school that needs it. I also picked up some small toys. My daughter is going to pack half of my items in her suitcase so that mine will not be overweight.

Is it very far to the Long Beach Airport from the pier? I have booked us a shuttle to Anaheim, but am now thinking of renting our car there instead. What do you think should I wait until I get to Anaheim to rent one or go to the airport and pick it up there?

Have a wonderful day.

Ann :)

[

Good afternoon,

quote=BC Gal Ann;21801765]Good afternoon,

How wonderful that you had such a good time at the Halloween Haunt. I know what you mean about so much candy.... one can only eat so much. I thought about you and your family all day Friday....

It is something we look forward to every year, they decorate the place so nice. But next week they take it all down for the holiday decorations and to get the snow castle ready. It was very hot but surprisingly not crowded during the day which was great.

I have never heard of Innovations... will have to check it out...

Innoventions is in tomorrowland. On the bottom level they have the house to tomorrow, it is amazing to know these things are just a few years away. On the upper level they have interactive exhibits for all ages. It is really just a museum but when we go in there we find we spend hours in there but on a hot day that is a good thing.

It snowed here today, about 4 inches - it is really early and is not cold enough to stay, thank goodness. I can tell you, I am really looking forward to our holiday, especially if our winter is going to be a long one.

At least you have some nice hot weather in Mexico to look forward to and we will do our best for nice weather here but it will be cool the first day out but the great thing about the Splendor is that the lido deck can be covered so there is still pool time and just sitting out and resting.

Have you ever taken school supplies to give to a school in Mexico? I picked up quite a bit at the beginning of the school year. I will ask Frank to give it to a school that needs it. I also picked up some small toys. My daughter is going to pack half of my items in her suitcase so that mine will not be overweight.

Yes we have, he can either take you to a school or the orphange where they are greatly appreciated. On our next trip we are going to visit the orphange and Frank will let us know what we can bring. It is a blessing that you will donating, believe me it is greatly appreciated and just let Frank know.

Is it very far to the Long Beach Airport from the pier? I have booked us a shuttle to Anaheim, but am now thinking of renting our car there instead. What do you think should I wait until I get to Anaheim to rent one or go to the airport and pick it up there?

No, it's not far if you are flying into Long Beach and not Los Angeles, around 10 miles. It's a trade off really, if you rent the car then you have to pay for 7 days of parking at the pier but the offset is that you won't have to wait or pay for a shuttle and you will be a little more mobil on the day before your trip. If you get a good deal on a rental if might be better and the cost of parking would just offset the shuttle. I like being Mobil so I like having a car handy and you really need 2 shuttles, one from the airport to your hotel in Long Beach and another to Anaheim and without a car you can't really do much in Long Beach unless your smack in the middle of downtown.

Have a wonderful day.

You too, anything I cxan do to help.

Good afternoon,

I cannot wait to see all of the decorations at Disneyland; I will be in awe. Disneyland brings out the child in us all.

I am going to try and find a deal on a van rental at the airport when we come in. I also like to be mobile. Of course I have to hit up a Sees Chocolate store, and it will make it that much easier.

Did you find the Splendor cold inside? I have read a lot of post that say it is. My daughter gets really cold and will have rethink what she is going to wear at night.

Visiting an orphanage, I believe will change your life forever. That is something that I will do one day. I have always been an advocate for children, and have shown my family that it is important to try and help make a difference in someone’s life.

Have a nice day.

Good afternoon,

Good afternoon,

I cannot wait to see all of the decorations at Disneyland; I will be in awe. Disneyland brings out the child in us all.

Us too, we are going again in a few weeks right after they take down the halloween decorations and put up the holiday ones.

I am going to try and find a deal on a van rental at the airport when we come in. I also like to be mobile. Of course I have to hit up a Sees Chocolate store, and it will make it that much easier.

I think that is a good choice, you don't want to keep paying for shuttles and taxis. Plus if your still planing on going to Knotts you will need transportation there too.

Did you find the Splendor cold inside? I have read a lot of post that say it is. My daughter gets really cold and will have rethink what she is going to wear at night.

All ships crank up the a/c, it's no colder than any other ship but most bring wraps or something if they are going to be indoors. I didn't wear anything but others did.

Visiting an orphanage, I believe will change your life forever. That is something that I will do one day. I have always been an advocate for children, and have shown my family that it is important to try and help make a difference in someone’s life.

We think it's important for our son to see how others live so we have arrainged with Frank to take us there. Next week we are also going to the boys home here to make sandwiches for everybody and later in the month heading down to the skid row missons to help serve holiday meals. We don't want to hide life from the little one and remind him of the importance of giving back to the community.

Have a nice day.

You too, good luck on the van rental you should have no problem.

You really are a very nice family.

I do not know what the boys home is as I do not believe we have something like that here. As for serving meals in the skid row district - I must commend you, that is a very kind and compassionate thing to do.

I live in a very small town, the only thing that we have here is our food bank. In the past, I have had my family help with the Christmas hampers. I wish there was more that we could do.

Of course I am still going to Knotts Berry Farm, in fact I have also decided to purchase some of their jam. We used to be able to buy it here during Christmas, but I have not seen it for years.

Have you every tried Bubba Gumps Shrimp or Dave's Famous Barbeque? We do not have barbeque restaurants up here and I thought it might be interesting to try, as for Bubba Gumps - I had never heard of it before. They are both in Long Beach.

I hope you are having a great day.

Good afternoon,

You really are a very nice family.

I do not know what the boys home is as I do not believe we have something like that here. As for serving meals in the skid row district - I must commend you, that is a very kind and compassionate thing to do.

The boys home can loosly be thought of as the bad boys home, a place where they are sent when they can't be in regualr schools and such because of trouble and problems. Our temple gets together with the neighbor church and we go over and make a nice meal for the boys at holiday time. We do many community things together and we want to instill this attitude in our little one.

I live in a very small town, the only thing that we have here is our food bank. In the past, I have had my family help with the Christmas hampers. I wish there was more that we could do.

I am sure whatever you do is more than enough and greatly appreciated.

Of course I am still going to Knotts Berry Farm, in fact I have also decided to purchase some of their jam. We used to be able to buy it here during Christmas, but I have not seen it for years.

OOH, I am never without their boysenberry jam, I love it. I also love to get their boysenberry punch whenever we go there with my traditional chicken dinner at Mrs. Knotts restaurant. I also love their dip mixes too, I spend a bundle on goodies when I go.

Have you every tried Bubba Gumps Shrimp or Dave's Famous Barbeque? We do not have barbeque restaurants up here and I thought it might be interesting to try, as for Bubba Gumps - I had never heard of it before. They are both in Long Beach.

Actually our Splendor trip was our first experience with Dave's bbq and we have already been back twice. We had a wonderful meal with a great server and just had a great time and will be frequent visitors there. Bubba Gumps is ok, it's decent food but still chain food. We go there sometimes, you can't go wrong there it's a decent meal in a nice atmospere. I can also recommend the Yard House in Long Beach which is very casual in the marina, they have a nice menu and some pretty good food too.

I hope you are having a great day.

Have a great day too. I hear Disneyland is opening something new next week on the riverboat Mark Twain, we need to find out what this is all about. Some type of showboat show I think.

Good Morning,

Thank you for telling me what a boys home is. We used to have group homes and maybe we still do, but they are not advertised in any way. In fact only a few would know where they are in the area if they still exist.

It is nice that your Temple does a lot of community work... it really does make a difference in many lives. I feel if everyone did an act of kindness everyone would benefit and the world would be a better place.

In Long Beach because of what you said we will try Dave's Famous Barbeque. I did not realize that Bubba Gumps was a chain. Maybe one night we will return and go to the Yard House for lunch or dinner. Sounds like a good plan....

Knotts Berry Boysenberry Jam, yummy, yummy, yummy, I can almost taste it now. The punch, can you buy it in their store or just in the restaurant? As for the dips, I did not know that they made any. Do you have a favorite? Do they have any other food items for sale, that is worthwhile to purchase? I can see that I am going to be leaving a fair bit of my money here.

Wow, more things to see at Disneyland.... We will go first thing in the morning and not leave until it closes... I hope we can do all that we want. Please let me know what they have planned for the Riverboat Mark Twain.

As for packing, I have purchased some extra large zip lock bags. I am going to put my clothes in them and try to remove as much air as possible. I have no idea where I heard this, but I am going to try it. Apparently when the clothes do not move around in the suitcase they do not wrinkle as much.... I will let you know how this works out for me.

I just purchased some Vodka from the Bon Voyage department for our cabin. They were so helpful and did not rush me to make a choice. Everytime I have phoned Carnival, I have had a nice experience.

I thought it would be nice to have a drink on the balcony with our family. Our daughter is 27 and our son 25 - we have never had an alcoholic drink together. I know that the balcony is too small for us all, but somehow we will make it work. It will be lovely to sit and watch the sunset.

Have a wonderful day.

Rats, I wrote last night but I got so long winded the file was too big and it wasn't accepted. I guess I will break it up then.

Good Morning,

Thank you for telling me what a boys home is. We used to have group homes and maybe we still do, but they are not advertised in any way. In fact only a few would know where they are in the area if they still exist.

It is for at risk kids who have had a problem or two but still have a chance to turn things around. We do try to help them out a few times a year.

It is nice that your Temple does a lot of community work... it really does make a difference in many lives. I feel if everyone did an act of kindness everyone would benefit and the world would be a better place.

The temple and neighbor church get together quite often for community work, it's something we want to instill in the little one at an early age that he needs to give back. This Sunday is Mitzvah Day and the whole day will be doing community work of some sort. I will be making sandwiches for the boys home, the little one is singing at the old age home. We are doing quilts for babies whose mothers are addicted to drugs and are living in a halfway house. We are donating stuffed animals, clothes, books, etc to those in need and things like that.

In Long Beach because of what you said we will try Dave's Famous Barbeque. I did not realize that Bubba Gumps was a chain. Maybe one night we will return and go to the Yard House for lunch or dinner. Sounds like a good plan....

Knotts Berry Boysenberry Jam, yummy, yummy, yummy, I can almost taste it now. The punch, can you buy it in their store or just in the restaurant? As for the dips, I did not know that they made any. Do you have a favorite? Do they have any other food items for sale, that is worthwhile to purchase? I can see that I am going to be leaving a fair bit of my money here.

Wow, more things to see at Disneyland.... We will go first thing in the morning and not leave until it closes... I hope we can do all that we want. Please let me know what they have planned for the Riverboat Mark Twain.

As for packing, I have purchased some extra large zip lock bags. I am going to put my clothes in them and try to remove as much air as possible. I have no idea where I heard this, but I am going to try it. Apparently when the clothes do not move around in the suitcase they do not wrinkle as much.... I will let you know how this works out for me.

I just purchased some Vodka from the Bon Voyage department for our cabin. They were so helpful and did not rush me to make a choice. Everytime I have phoned Carnival, I have had a nice experience.

I thought it would be nice to have a drink on the balcony with our family. Our daughter is 27 and our son 25 - we have never had an alcoholic drink together. I know that the balcony is too small for us all, but somehow we will make it work. It will be lovely to sit and watch the sunset.

Have a wonderful day.

Part 2

Good Morning,

It's funny, we were looking for a place to eat on the night before the cruise and the smell of the bbq from Dave's just sort of called our name. We loved it but there are so many places in the marina and right near it you really can't go wrong. They have their menu on their website so you can get a preview. We usually get the big platter and just set it in the middle of the table, it works out to a good deal. I am sure on Sunday morning you will want to head right to the ship for check in.

I love the boysenberry punch, it is served in most restaurants there and some stands. There is a store out in front where they sell lots of food items that you might like to browse. It is next to the take out chicken store near the front entrance to Knotts. I love the red onion dip, just mix it with sour cream, give me a big bag of chips, and that dip won't be long for this world. There are 10 differnt kinds in each bag so it's a good thing to get. I do admint that I love the funnel cakes smothered in the boysenberry jam that you get in the park near the log ride. Not good for me but what the heck, I am going to have fried chicken for dinner anyways so it's a wasted day health wise.

Have a wonderful day.

Part 3

Good Morning,

It seems this is tied into the new movie the Princess and the Frog. They put on a show on the Mark Twain ride and it goes around the Rivers of America, it should be cute. As for seasonal things I suggest you go to the haunted mansion and small world early as these are seasonal things so everybody tries to do them during the holidays, both are very good. Then you can do the rest of the rides. We usually do fantasyland first and can do the whole thing in less than an hour if you get there when the park opens. If you get there late you can then spend an hour in line for just one ride. After that is a break for breakfast and either mickey pancakes or a mickey waffle and then back to more rides. At night make sure to get some nice warm gingerbread and some peppermint hot chocolate and get ready for either fantasmic or the holiday fireworks show. The Electrical Parade is now in California Adventure next door and is always nice to see too.

Yes the balconies are small but they are still great to have and relax. I also ordered from Bon Voyage, a small little something to be delivered each night whether some t shirs to commemerate our trip, a chocolate funship, some cookies, or whatever. It was nice and the bon voyage department was great.

Have a wonderful day.

Have a great day

I'm a little concerned because when we went a few years ago my daughter who was 4 then LIVED for Camp Carnival on the Sensation. She also adored the kids programs of the Beaches Resort we went to when she was 6. Basically, even though she's nearly 10, if there's art supplies and face painting she's a happy woman. However my older 2 kids (12 and 14 at the time of our next cruise) hated the program. We were in an off time and the kids' pool and most of the kids programming was down.

Anyone have recent experience with the 12-14 program?

Good Morning,

In Long Beach, we may have to come back and try Famous Dave's if we do not go on the Saturday evening. You are so right... Sunday morning .... Splendor here we come. We will be so excited to get on board that no one will want to do anything else.

Does Sees Chocolates carry delicious milk chocolate caramels? They are my favorite. Is there anything else that I should try other than the lollipops.

The first thing we want to do is have lunch on the Lido deck.. After lunch we are going to explore the ship and take the glass elevators - just for the fun of it. May go up and down a couple of times as I know our girl will love doing that.

Hopefully our rooms are ready and our luggage has arrived, then I will unpack and get myself organized. Of course after the muster drill, the next exciting thing I want to do is watch us sail away... thinking of doing this makes me so happy.

I have never tried a funnel cake... sounds really good though.... when I am eating it, I will think of you....smothered in boysenberry jam -Yum - you only live once.

I am going to pick up a couple of bags of the dips... what great Christmas presents they will make...I like to give my girlfriends something and this is just perfect.... I hope that they give samples ....

Disneyland will be so much better with all of the info you have given to me.

I will follow all of your advice and have a wonderful fun filled time. Hot gingerbread and peppermint hot chocolate - I may never want to leave.

I wish I lived near your Temple and neighbourhood church as our family would also get involved. They sound like incredible people... Some life lessons are so important.

We are bringing a car seat for our girl, and will use it in California and Mexico. I have read some post that people do not wish to go to the trouble of bringing one, but for us it is so important and no trouble whats so ever.

Did you take in the Broadway type shows on the Splendor? If so, what was your favorite.

Have a very nice day.

Good morning,

That is such a tough age, they really aren't interested in any of the organized activities from what I have seen. The only thing is to sail when schools are out and hope there are lots of others their age and they make some friends during the week. Even the 9-12 group has lost interest in camp activities on our latest cruise. Have fun.

I'm a little concerned because when we went a few years ago my daughter who was 4 then LIVED for Camp Carnival on the Sensation. She also adored the kids programs of the Beaches Resort we went to when she was 6. Basically, even though she's nearly 10, if there's art supplies and face painting she's a happy woman. However my older 2 kids (12 and 14 at the time of our next cruise) hated the program. We were in an off time and the kids' pool and most of the kids programming was down.

Anyone have recent experience with the 12-14 program?

Good morning,

Good Morning,

In Long Beach, we may have to come back and try Famous Dave's if we do not go on the Saturday evening. You are so right... Sunday morning .... Splendor here we come. We will be so excited to get on board that no one will want to do anything else.

Us too, the little one was up at 5:30 looking out the window for the Splendor to come in and once he saw it that was it, it was time to get dressed and get to the terminal. We were the first ones in the early check in line but that was fine, we didn't mind.

Does Sees Chocolates carry delicious milk chocolate caramels? They are my favorite. Is there anything else that I should try other than the lollipops.

Oh yes, they give lots of free samples there so you won't have to worry. I live on See's and Ethel M's, I love to tour the Ethel M's factory when I am in Lost Wages, I mean Las Vegas.

The first thing we want to do is have lunch on the Lido deck.. After lunch we are going to explore the ship and take the glass elevators - just for the fun of it. May go up and down a couple of times as I know our girl will love doing that.

That's what we didn, had our DOD on the way to the Lido and then took our walk. We wanted to get to the lido before it got too crowded at some of the more popular stations.

Hopefully our rooms are ready and our luggage has arrived, then I will unpack and get myself organized. Of course after the muster drill, the next exciting thing I want to do is watch us sail away... thinking of doing this makes me so happy.

Rooms will be blocked off until around 2:30 so no luck. Luggage is all luck, unfortunately we were one of the last to get ours but it wasn't going to ruin the day. Since the rooms will be blocked off you may want to carry on some things you may need for a few hours, it was summer when we went so we had our bathing suits with us.

I have never tried a funnel cake... sounds really good though.... when I am eating it, I will think of you....smothered in boysenberry jam -Yum - you only live once.

A must when you go to Knott's it tradition with us right before the log ride.

I am going to pick up a couple of bags of the dips... what great Christmas presents they will make...I like to give my girlfriends something and this is just perfect.... I hope that they give samples ....

They do make nice gifts as do the jams and other food items they have. You are going to love the holiday crafts and homemade goodies.

Disneyland will be so much better with all of the info you have given to me.

I will follow all of your advice and have a wonderful fun filled time. Hot gingerbread and peppermint hot chocolate - I may never want to leave.

One thing I thought of last night, if you want to do the Nemo ride you will need to do that early too as it gets very crowded and it's a slow line.

I wish I lived near your Temple and neighbourhood church as our family would also get involved. They sound like incredible people... Some life lessons are so important.

It's going to be a busy day on Sunday, we are starting off making cd's of books to be presented with the books to sick children who aren't up to reading themselves. Then it's to the donations stations, then singing at the old folks home, and then making sandwiches and lunch bags for the needy. In between we have baseball and A Christmas Carol rehearsal, very busy day indeed.

We are bringing a car seat for our girl, and will use it in California and Mexico. I have read some post that people do not wish to go to the trouble of bringing one, but for us it is so important and no trouble whats so ever.

I agree, it's best to play safe.

Did you take in the Broadway type shows on the Splendor? If so, what was your favorite.

We didn't like the first show but the second one was good, most on the ship felt the same way.

Have a very nice day.

You too

My goodness, doyou ever have a busy Sunday.... I am not sure how you fit it all in. It must be one of the most rewarding days that you have spent.

What a great idea to make cds of books and then present both the books and the cd to a child. I am going to do this for our Christmas Hampers. There are a lot of children who who have no one that will read to them.

I have not heard of Ethel M. You made me laugh with Lost Wages, I mean Las Vegas...must try them someday. I have been to Las Vegas - totally different lifestyle than what I have, but did enjoy it. Lots to see and do.

Where is the Nemo ride at Disneyland? So much to see and so little time.

Knotts Berry Farm - I am so looking forward to spending time there. - I might see if they will ship a lot of what I am wanting to purchase, as I might not have the room in my suitcase. The Christmas purchases of course I will take with me.

Thanks for the heads up on our room, I will make sure to carry on the bathing suits, we are bringing a wetsuit for our little girl and we do not want her to get cold in the water park or the pools for the first few days.

The DOD is a must also I am going to purchase the souvenir glass and have it refilled whenever I want a drink during the week. Do they have the paper umbrellas in the fancy drinks?

I hope your day is going well...

Good morning,

My goodness, doyou ever have a busy Sunday.... I am not sure how you fit it all in. It must be one of the most rewarding days that you have spent.

Great day yesterday but very busy, each one of us was grouped, one from the temple, one from the church, and one from te mohammed center. It was a great experience and it is amazing how everybody comes together to help the needy. We really are just one world.

What a great idea to make cds of books and then present both the books and the cd to a child. I am going to do this for our Christmas Hampers. There are a lot of children who who have no one that will read to them.

That was one of the better things we did yesterday, everything is being delivered this week to the children's hospitals in the area and all of the food we made last night was delivered to the homeless shelters. We all talked last night how we should all 3 get together more often to do things together and now it's up to the biggies in charge to arrange it.

I have not heard of Ethel M. You made me laugh with Lost Wages, I mean Las Vegas...must try them someday. I have been to Las Vegas - totally different lifestyle than what I have, but did enjoy it. Lots to see and do.

It is one of the things we do in Las Vegas during the day instead of losing more money, good chocolate but the adult ones are even better. Check out their website, these definately aren't for the kiddies.

The Nemo ride is the old submarine ride updated to a Nemo theme. Good graphics and if your a fan of the movie it's good. But the line is very slow moving as it takes time to unloand and load everybody from the submarine. if the little one is a Nemo fan please make sure she goes to Talk with Crush in California Adventure, have her sit right up front so maybe Crush picks her out to talk to her.

Knotts Berry Farm - I am so looking forward to spending time there. - I might see if they will ship a lot of what I am wanting to purchase, as I might not have the room in my suitcase. The Christmas purchases of course I will take with me.

Just finished my last packet of red onion dip so it looks like i am going to have to go a little sooner than planned to restock, laughing. It is fun.

Thanks for the heads up on our room, I will make sure to carry on the bathing suits, we are bringing a wetsuit for our little girl and we do not want her to get cold in the water park or the pools for the first few days.

The pool will be covered but the water park won't be. By Monday afternoon it should be warm enough for the captain to open the top up and get some fresh air. But here you never know, it's still over 90 degrees here today.

The DOD is a must also I am going to purchase the souvenir glass and have it refilled whenever I want a drink during the week. Do they have the paper umbrellas in the fancy drinks?

Yes they do and they have a different glass each day so we always got one. I have been cruising for a very long time and remember when they used to be glass instead of plastic, I have quite a collection.

You too, as I think of more things for your trip I will let you know, I forgot about Crush and that is fun. Who knows you might be there one day that we are since we go frequently. Have a great day.

Here is a charley brown xmas thing from knottsCharlieSantaL.jpg

Good Morning,

I love the Charlie Brown Christmas ornament.. he is soooo cute.

Now I am even more excited to go to Knotts Berry Farm to see their craft and goodie stores.

We are going to do Nemo first, then on to Fantasy Land and later in the day on to California Adventure to see Crush. My daughter ordered a autograph book from the Disneyland store for our little girl to carry around and get any autographs that she wants.

I did not realize that they had a different colored glass for the DOD every day. I am going to end the week with I hope 7 different colors to bring home.

We are going to purchase the Behind the Fun Tour on the Splendor for our son and daughter. That is one of the things I am going to do on the first day. I think they will love to see all of the ins and outs on the ship.

90 degrees - wow - it is minus 2 at the moment with a bit of wind. The snow has gone so we do not have to worry about that...

I am so glad that you had such an amazing day on Sunday... I bet you made new friends and felt so rewarded.

This will be my husband's and my 3rd cruise - The Elation about 10 years ago... went with a group - everthing was planned out daily - so I did not try the DOD - or anything like that.. In fact after the cruise I realized that I had not even toured the ship - had a great time though. In fact, I have learnt more from you about the Splendor than I know about the Elation.

2 years ago we went to Alaska with Celebrity. It was a magical place - we mostly sat out on the deck, as we had a window room. Toured the ship, saw everything we wanted to - relaxed and enjoyed being pampered.

We liked Carnival's atmosphere best, so that is why we are going on the Splendor, and we wanted to go to the Mexican Rivera.

We love cruising....As long as we have our health, we are going to cruise once a year.

Have a great day.

Good morning,

Good Morning,

I love the Charlie Brown Christmas ornament.. he is soooo cute.

Now I am even more excited to go to Knotts Berry Farm to see their craft and goodie stores.

We are going to do Nemo first, then on to Fantasy Land and later in the day on to California Adventure to see Crush. My daughter ordered a autograph book from the Disneyland store for our little girl to carry around and get any autographs that she wants.

Good plan, that would be my suggestion. If you have a hard time finding Mickey and Minnie on Main Street you can always find them in toontown for autographs and pictures too.

I did not realize that they had a different colored glass for the DOD every day. I am going to end the week with I hope 7 different colors to bring home.

Not just different colors but different glasses, that made them hard to resist, one day was in a Carnival funnel, another in a monkey coconut, and things like that.

We are going to purchase the Behind the Fun Tour on the Splendor for our son and daughter. That is one of the things I am going to do on the first day. I think they will love to see all of the ins and outs on the ship.

An amazing tour, expensive yes, but well worth it. Lots of narrow stairs and passages but you just see things that you normally can't. Highly suggested if you love ships.

90 degrees - wow - it is minus 2 at the moment with a bit of wind. The snow has gone so we do not have to worry about that...

Way too hot here, we just wish it would cool off already. But we will order warm or hot weather for your trip, no problem.

I am so glad that you had such an amazing day on Sunday... I bet you made new friends and felt so rewarded.

This will be my husband's and my 3rd cruise - The Elation about 10 years ago... went with a group - everthing was planned out daily - so I did not try the DOD - or anything like that.. In fact after the cruise I realized that I had not even toured the ship - had a great time though. In fact, I have learnt more from you about the Splendor than I know about the Elation.

Your going to have a great time, it's really a nice ship, don't believe everything you read here about people who just like to complain if they aren't treated like the King and Queen of England, some people are just like that. It's vacation, enjoy yourselves and just being with the family.

2 years ago we went to Alaska with Celebrity. It was a magical place - we mostly sat out on the deck, as we had a window room. Toured the ship, saw everything we wanted to - relaxed and enjoyed being pampered.

We liked Carnival's atmosphere best, so that is why we are going on the Splendor, and we wanted to go to the Mexican Rivera.

You will have a great time and Frank will treat you great in Mazatlan. Find a nice beach in PV for the afternoon, have a drink, and just enjoy the nice weather.

We love cruising....As long as we have our health, we are going to cruise once a year.

Have a great day.

You too, your vacation is getting closer and closer.

Good Morning,

Thanks for ordering warm weather for us for December.

I think the same way that you do. We are going to have a blast even if there might be a few glitzes. It is our holiday and we plan to enjoy each and every moment. I find that people that complain about everything cannot be very happy in their lives. Life is what you make of it.

As for Mazatlan Frank, I am so looking forward to our tour with him. He sounds like a kind caring man. I believe that we are going to see a Mazatlan that we will want to come back to. Plus he will know where to take us shopping – this is a very important detail for my daughter.

Puerto Vallarta – we are doing a tour with Superior Tours – then on to the beach for our little girl to put her feet in. I am going to go where the locals shops, as it will give me an idea what is available to them. I will let you know how it turns out.

We are going to go the Steakhouse on the Splendor on the Wednesday night – when we get back from our Puerto Vallarta tour. I have read that the French onion soup is delicious… I am hoping to try it. I plan on having the Steak and Lobster – this is something that I have never ordered before.

Wow, different glasses for the DOD…. That is right up my alley. I am going to have fun with them all. I had no idea.

Did you do any shopping on the ship? If so were there any good deals or beautiful items?

Where do you get the golf clubs and balls to play miniature golf on the ship? Are they right beside where you start to play?

Have a great day.

Good morning,

Good Morning,

Thanks for ordering warm weather for us for December.

No problem, we would like it warm during the 3 week winter break from school.

I think the same way that you do. We are going to have a blast even if there might be a few glitzes. It is our holiday and we plan to enjoy each and every moment. I find that people that complain about everything cannot be very happy in their lives. Life is what you make of it.

It's always a joke to hang around guest services and see what people complain about. Some people just will do anything to have a bad time. There are 3,000 people on board, some things might not go smoothly but enjoy the trip. Everybody works hard for it so why do they want to ruin it?

As for Mazatlan Frank, I am so looking forward to our tour with him. He sounds like a kind caring man. I believe that we are going to see a Mazatlan that we will want to come back to. Plus he will know where to take us shopping – this is a very important detail for my daughter.

Yes, he knows the city well and everybody will have a great time. We are planning on spending a week there early next year.

Puerto Vallarta – we are doing a tour with Superior Tours – then on to the beach for our little girl to put her feet in. I am going to go where the locals shops, as it will give me an idea what is available to them. I will let you know how it turns out.

You have so much time there, plenty of time to do everything and not have to rush.

We are going to go the Steakhouse on the Splendor on the Wednesday night – when we get back from our Puerto Vallarta tour. I have read that the French onion soup is delicious… I am hoping to try it. I plan on having the Steak and Lobster – this is something that I have never ordered before.

It's a great meal and nobody will be on the ship, everybody loves to eat dinner in PV since you don't leave until 10:00.

Wow, different glasses for the DOD…. That is right up my alley. I am going to have fun with them all. I had no idea.

The coconut monkey also doubles as a bank so it's on my sons dresser now, he loves it. He had his virgin dod's everyday and they can even put smoothies in the dod glasses for the kids if you ask.

Did you do any shopping on the ship? If so were there any good deals or beautiful items?

We just got the usual tee shirts and souveniers. I almost bought a watch but really most of the things aren't worth it although the line and women fighting when they had the jewelry by the foot sale was a real hoot. We did spend way too much on pictures but they had such good photographers we couldn't resist.

Where do you get the golf clubs and balls to play miniature golf on the ship? Are they right beside where you start to play?

On the pool deck (10) where they pass out the towels and sell the friendship freddie things they will give you the putter and golf balls, there is also a stand on deck 11 and then you walk up to the course. It is fun, we did it almost everyday. Oh, your daughter will find all the friendship freddie things and want them, even at camp

Have a great day.

Have a great day and don't forget to make your character meal reservations as soon as they go on sale as well as for fantasmic as they both fill up fast during the holidays.

Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much... I learn something new from you every day.

We have reserved our breakfast with Lilo and Stitch and the supper with the Princesses. I believe my daughter also has reserved a spot at Bibbty Bobity Boo. As for fantasmic, we will reserve our spot exactly one month before. I am watching the calendar to ensure that it is done.

I am going to take a coffee and hang out at the Guest Services desk one day. This will certainly be eye opening for me. When we were in Alaska, the weather was beautiful - no rain and very warm. We overhead a woman from Vancouver phone her husband and tell him the weather was horrible and that she was not having a good time. Both my husband and myself looked at each other and said " are we on the same cruise as she is" I have no idea where she was coming from with her statement...

Just shook my head....amazing what some people will complain about.

Have you heard about the dump people in Mazatlan? If I was going for a week, I would do the church tour. The church volunteers and anyone that is interested make sandwiches and deliver them to the dump people. The church van also stops at a school that they sponsor. Apparently you are not the same person when you arrive back at the church. It has that much of an impact on you.

I found them on google under Mazatlan Dump people. I am sure that Frank would know all about them.

During this week, must also be when you are going to the Orphanage.

I had no idea that we could purchase a DOD smoothie or virgin DOD for our little girl - The coconut monkey is the one I will make sure she gets. This is so exciting.... what a collection we are going to have.

Friendship Freddie items for our little girl....does she get to met him? She will want everything like you say.

For her birthday this year, everyone in the family gave her money and a small gift - so that she would have spending money and be able to decide what she would like to buy during her holiday.

Thank you for telling me where to pick up the golf clubs and balls...

We are also going to check the pictures and pick the ones we like.

Did you try the dining room for breakfast or lunch during your cruise? I would like to try it one morning and maybe for lunch one day. I know that the buffet will be where we spend most of our time eating during the day.

Have a nice day.

Good afternoon,

Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much... I learn something new from you every day.

We have reserved our breakfast with Lilo and Stitch and the supper with the Princesses. I believe my daughter also has reserved a spot at Bibbty Bobity Boo. As for fantasmic, we will reserve our spot exactly one month before. I am watching the calendar to ensure that it is done.

Us too,we will be going often during the holidays including a 3 week school break so we want to make sure we get our reservations in once they open.

I am going to take a coffee and hang out at the Guest Services desk one day. This will certainly be eye opening for me. When we were in Alaska, the weather was beautiful - no rain and very warm. We overhead a woman from Vancouver phone her husband and tell him the weather was horrible and that she was not having a good time. Both my husband and myself looked at each other and said " are we on the same cruise as she is" I have no idea where she was coming from with her statement...

Just shook my head....amazing what some people will complain about.

It is amazing isn't it, always somebody looking for something for free. That is their choice to spend their whole vacation complaining, as long as they are not at my table that is fine with me.

Have you heard about the dump people in Mazatlan? If I was going for a week, I would do the church tour. The church volunteers and anyone that is interested make sandwiches and deliver them to the dump people. The church van also stops at a school that they sponsor. Apparently you are not the same person when you arrive back at the church. It has that much of an impact on you.

I found them on google under Mazatlan Dump people. I am sure that Frank would know all about them.

I am sure Frank would know about them. That pretty much sounds like what we did last week and will again for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I will have to check into that for next years cruise.

During this week, must also be when you are going to the Orphanage.

Yes, we will be going during the week to bring clothes, school supplies, etc., to drop off and to spend some time there. We are also checking to see if our son can spend an hour or so in one of the local schools to interact with some people his own age.

I had no idea that we could purchase a DOD smoothie or virgin DOD for our little girl - The coconut monkey is the one I will make sure she gets. This is so exciting.... what a collection we are going to have.

Oh yes, our son had his sign and sail ready each day for hid DOD smoothie or virgin drink. He thought that made him so grown up carrying his own card, ordering, and signing. He even went to the gift shop to buy his mom and me some small gifts and he signed for them, he thinks he paid for them so what is the harm.

Friendship Freddie items for our little girl....does she get to met him? She will want everything like you say.

For her birthday this year, everyone in the family gave her money and a small gift - so that she would have spending money and be able to decide what she would like to buy during her holiday.

Oh yes, friedship Freddie is always around either at the pool or in Camp Carnival itself. We did make a friendship freddie at build a bear too and yes our son bought everything, what can I say I am easy. That is what we did too, we got gift cards for his birthday to use for souveniers and such but we let him use those in town and we paid his very small sign and sail.

Thank you for telling me where to pick up the golf clubs and balls...

You will have fun and I am sure play more than once.

We are also going to check the pictures and pick the ones we like.

Big sucker I am, that is where they really got me but when they take so many good pics of the little one what could I do, I just couldn't decide.

Did you try the dining room for breakfast or lunch during your cruise? I would like to try it one morning and maybe for lunch one day. I know that the buffet will be where we spend most of our time eating during the day.

No, we were happy with the buffet and didn't want to take up too much time. And the people working the buffet areas were very nice each morning. I had already gotten my coffee and we were more than happy eating there including a couple of dinners. We are just easy, it's vacation.

Have a nice day.

You too, the warm weather is holding up and your vacation is getting closer. We will have Long Beach ready and waiting for you.

Good afternoon,

Your son sounds so sweet, and there is no harm giving him the independence to make great choices and charge items. I believe this is how they learn. You are doing an amazing job raising him. I wish there were more parents like you in this world.

Our cruise is coming up fast now. Finished our Fun Passes and luggage tags. I have put all of our information in a plastic folder - cruise, hotels, car rentals, shuttle confirmations and everything that is relevant to our trip. I have phoned and confirmed all of our reservations.

It is getting so exciting thinking we only have 20+ days left - then it will be sunshine, good times and just plain having fun. Our daughter and our little one are packed and ready to go. I will start packing in a week or so.

Thank goodness with your advice, I do not have to bring a lot of fancy clothes.

In 2 days I will phone and reserve Fantasmic at Disneyland.

I think I might try the dining room one morning for breakfast, other than that it will the buffet. We are really close to the coffee bar so that is what I am going to start my morning on. I will get it to go and sit on the balcony.

This is like a dream come true … my family, a cruise and then Disneyland… A person could not ask for more.

I am so looking forward to meeting Frank in Mazatlan. I am going to bring bubble wrap for my vanilla. Is there anything else that you could recommend that I pick up there?

The monkey head glass for the DOD, can you get it anytime or only one day. I am thinking of asking for it right away, as it looks so cute.

Thank you again for all of the information….. I look forward every day to see your post.

Have a wonderful day.

Good afternoon,

Good afternoon,

Your son sounds so sweet, and there is no harm giving him the independence to make great choices and charge items. I believe this is how they learn. You are doing an amazing job raising him. I wish there were more parents like you in this world.

Thank you, we do our best. He was so cute though thinking he was buying his mom and me a present for taking him on the cruise, no harm. We do buy him gift cards to use during the year to start teaching him the value of things and that when he spends his cards he is done. Anytime we go to Disneyland he has his gift cards so he has to choose carefully things he may want and how much of a dollar value he puts on them. Of course we still get him things too but some things he must buy with his money and he is getting pretty good at saying that an item isn't worth it or worth spending money on. A good lesson to grow on.

Our cruise is coming up fast now. Finished our Fun Passes and luggage tags. I have put all of our information in a plastic folder - cruise, hotels, car rentals, shuttle confirmations and everything that is relevant to our trip. I have phoned and confirmed all of our reservations.

I am laughing so hard because everybody makes fun of me because I have everyting in a folder to keep organized. Every piece of paper from Carnival, hotels, Frank, etc., lives in that folder. One thing I did was use clear shelf liner paper over the luggage tags to give them a little heft. I then punched holes in them and used luggage straps and stapled them also to the bags, just a little safety.

It is getting so exciting thinking we only have 20+ days left - then it will be sunshine, good times and just plain having fun. Our daughter and our little one are packed and ready to go. I will start packing in a week or so.

Thank goodness with your advice, I do not have to bring a lot of fancy clothes.

Weather is holding up, not quite in the 90's but a comfortable 80 or so, let's keep our fingers crossed for you. Yes, not having to take a bunch of fancy things sure saves a lot of luggage space. I know you have a big shlep down here, I assume you are heading to Vancouver for your flight down to L.A.? It is good you are coming in early to rest a bit before the cruise.

In 2 days I will phone and reserve Fantasmic at Disneyland.

We decided that our next meal will be at the Blue Bayou restaurant in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride so we will be calling them for reservations and then maybe ESPN the next day or Rainforest which the kids always love. Good luck on the reservations, I know it isn't cheap but it is sure nice to have seats and it's not something you do everyday. It is a great show if the mechanical dragon is working, they had problems with it all summer but I assume everything is ok now.

I think I might try the dining room one morning for breakfast, other than that it will the buffet. We are really close to the coffee bar so that is what I am going to start my morning on. I will get it to go and sit on the balcony.

You will enjoy it, they make a good cup of joe and the lady working there each morning was really nice. It is always nice to sit on the balcony and just watch the seas. We saw lots of dolphins following us and playing in the water but no whales this trip.

This is like a dream come true … my family, a cruise and then Disneyland… A person could not ask for more.

Not a chance, nothing is more important than spending time with family, good quality time. You have 3 generations going and this is something everybody will always remember and this will create a memory that your grandaughter will always remember for the rest of her life. Nothing beats family time.

I am so looking forward to meeting Frank in Mazatlan. I am going to bring bubble wrap for my vanilla. Is there anything else that you could recommend that I pick up there?

Not really unless you want a good bottle of tequila. Frank will take you to Prada which is a jewelry store, they had some very nice things and Frank was there to help us bargain. We didn't get anything but I am putting a little aside each paycheck to surprise the wife on our next trip. There will always be small trinkets but we go for vanilla for baking, one good bottle of tequila, one bottle of kahlua, and some junk that we will never use again.

The monkey head glass for the DOD, can you get it anytime or only one day. I am thinking of asking for it right away, as it looks so cute.

No, each glass is one day only so when you see it you should get it, it makes a nice bank for the little ones after the trip. Also the funnel glass is very cute too. The rest of the days are plastic glasses but I save them anyways, I just put them behind all my very old cruise glasses which were made of glass then.

Thank you again for all of the information….. I look forward every day to see your post.

As always, I am here to halp in any way to make your trip more enjoyable so anything you need just let me know. One thing though, if you please, give Frank our best and tell him we will see him soon.

Have a wonderful day.

You too, Mickey is all spruced up and waiting for you, 3 days until they start their holiday celebration. I can't wait until you get back to tell me how choked up you got watching the castle change into the snow castle, everybody does. It just brings a lump to your throat if you see it at night. You need to ask somebody what time the change starts as it takes about a half hour to change completely. Bring a video camera if you have one. Enjoy the day.

Archived