How many bottles of wine are you allowed to carry on for a 14 day cruise?

kayo kruiser

Hi everyone,

We're going on a 14 day cruise on Celebrity Infinity in November. I saw on Celebrity's general info website that each cabin is allowed to bring on board 2 bottles of wine at the time of embarkation for consumption in your cabin. I'm assuming that applies to a 1 week cruise. Does anyone know if you are allowed to double that for a 2 week cruise?

Thanks for any info.

Hi everyone,

We're going on a 14 day cruise on Celebrity Infinity in November. I saw on Celebrity's general info website that each cabin is allowed to bring on board 2 bottles of wine at the time of embarkation for consumption in your cabin. I'm assuming that applies to a 1 week cruise. Does anyone know if you are allowed to double that for a 2 week cruise?

Thanks for any info.

No. I asked at check in earlier this month. But instead of 750 ml bottles, I brought 1.5 liter.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for any info.

As others have said the policy is the same 2 bottles whether it is a two day cruise or a 17 day cruise. BUT Celebrity pretty much checks for 2 bottle per person. I don't think they have any tracking method to match two people to the same room unless you are right together in the security line. Not telling you what to do, and making no guarantees, but...:rolleyes:

Celebrity does not specify bottle size. Also as Duane T says I've never heard of anyone being hassled over 1.5 liter bottles. There have been a few reports that Celebrity balked at a single 3 liter box of wine, while simultaneously allowing others to have two 1.5 liter bottles:confused::confused: Not sure what the rationale is there. We did take a 3 liter box of wine on Celebrity's Azamara Journey this summer, but I wouldn't say that establishes any precedent.

Basically seems like you can get 2 1.5 liter bottles for each of two people [equals 6 liters] on board, but your mileage may vary.

Thom

If you take your own bottles of wine onboard can you take them to dinner with you?

Do they have cork screws/wine glasses in your cabin?

Thanks

P x

Celebrity will charge you a corkage fee (I think it's about $25) to bring your own bottle of wine to dinner. They did not have corkscrews in the cabin so you need to bring one with you (unless you buy the wine bottles with screw-tops). The rooms don't have wine glasses but they do have glasses (and ice provided by our room attendant twice a day) just in case you take any of the drinks from the mini-bar).

It wasn't a problem getting wine glasses as they gave us a set as we walked onto to the ship. We also were provided glasses when we ordered the Celebrity gift Romance package (champane, chocolates, rose petals, champange glasses) at the start of the cruise and just washed/kept them in our room.

If you take your own bottles of wine onboard can you take them to dinner with you?

Do they have cork screws/wine glasses in your cabin?

Thanks

P x

Wash all glasses with smoking hot water and soap before use. For example we use ours to hold our toothbrushes stem side down. We bring our own glasses for drinking out of. But they are plastic cup throw-aways with our own boats name on them.:D

Wash all glasses with smoking hot water and soap before use. For example we use ours to hold our toothbrushes stem side down. We bring our own glasses for drinking out of. But they are plastic cup throw-aways with our own boats name on them.:D

I'm paying $$$ for a cruise and they'll give me used glasses?

I'm paying $$$ for a cruise and they'll give me used glasses?

Never had used glasses on Celebrity - and they do uses industrial dish washers that meet CDC specifications to clean their glasses and dishes. So they are probably more sterile than those in your home since the water temp has to be at a much higher level than you use at home.

On Celebrity, we had wine glasses and water glasses in our cabin on the desk. When you use them, they are replaced when your steward cleans your cabin. In the bathroom, there are small glasses - again replaced with clean when the steward cleans your cabin. All glasswear on the ship is glass except by the pool where plastic is used.

Bring your own glasses onboard? Is that a joke? :)

Just ask your room steward for wine glasses and a cork screw. They will put fresh glasses, (wine, bathroom, water etc) out for you frequently. We had two extra wine glasses placed in the side cupboard of the desk along with a wine bottle rest in case of guests. If you want fresh ice at a particular time each day, tell the steward and it will be there. Otherwise it is filled twice a day on the stewards' schedule...afternoon and evening. You don't have to be in cc to get service, by the way.

If you preorder bottles of wine from X to be placed in your room, you can have your steward take them to a restaurant with no corkage. YOUR personal wine will stay in your room unless you want to have someone open and pour it for you...$25.00. You can also preorder bottles to be at your dinner table on certain days or restaurants. No charge or gratuity added to the price when you order on line.

Thanks again.

That's very interesting. Especially 'If a guest receives a bottle of wine (in their stateroom) from a family member or friend, and that bottle(s) was purchased from our Bon Voyage Gift selection, then no corkage fee will apply if they wish to consume the bottle in the dining room or any public area'.

Does anyone have a copy of the wine list in the main dining room that I can have a look at to compare

Thanks

P x

A Sixth - very funny. Love to come to one of your parties!!

Your room steward will gladly bring you any wine glasses you ask for, and replace them as you request. There is no need to wash them yourself nor bring them from any other place on the ship. They will also bring you a corkscrew - but they are the very basic 2 piece plastic ones.

Your room steward will also ice down your wine for your in the afternoon if you ask him, so your white wine or champagne will be nicely chilled for the evening.

if you do want to drink a bottle int he dining room (paying the corkage, or a bottle you purchased from the ship) just ask your room steward to take it there for you - but do it early in the day. It will be waiting on your table properly prepared for you.

A copy of the wine list is on my web site:

http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Cruise-Ship-Rooms-and-Features/Menus-and-Information/4467773_J9pi2#380496344_Chg4T

It is about a year old but was more or less the same on another cruise last March. There are additional lists in the specialty restaurant and at some of the bars (Champagne Bar and Cova Cafe & wine bar). prices are about the same as the Bon Voyage list on their web site and the selection is quite a bit more extensive - so I'd recommend waiting until you are on board to order wine for your room or dinner.

One other bit of on-board wine knowledge - your wine steward in the dining room, or bartender at a bar, will gladly cork your bottle if you haven't finished and either hold it for your until the next night or send it someplace else on the ship for you to finish at your request. So if all you want is a glass you can still order by the bottle.

Bring your own glasses onboard? Is that a joke? :)

No. Its not a joke and I would not drink from a glass in a cabin any faster than I would from a hotel room. Dining areas and bars, definitely. I have no shred of evidence that the glasses that are in your cabin ever leave your cabin.

Sorry. :o

No. Its not a joke and I would not drink from a glass in a cabin any faster than I would from a hotel room. Dining areas and bars, definitely. I have no shred of evidence that the glasses that are in your cabin ever leave your cabin.

I realize that I just hijacked this thread.... Bring two bottles on safely, and hope to bring on many as you can get away with. That's what I do too. ;)

BUT, in case you have to leave them until the end of the cruise make sure you bring some bubble wrap and ziplock bags so it transports home well for you. :)

(and yes, I bring that too...no joke.)

I saw an undercover video of what hotel maids do with the glasses in hotel bathrooms. Yuck!!!

I do remember seeing a dishwasher crate of fresh bathroom glasses out in the passageway near the stateroom carts once, but never paid much attention to it since, but I will on my next cruise. :)

I know that Celebrity gives you clean glasses - I know because I have left dirty glasses and there were new ones. Also, we did a back to back and changed cabins to the cabin next door and we were keeping tabs on when the room next door was ready. They do replace the glasses when cleaning the rooms for the new cruise.

Do we really need to be discussing if we should use glasses and instead bring our own, or wash them out before we use a glass while on a cruise?

If someone feels they need to bring their own, do it. Must be fun going to restaurants - ohhh, those glasses are OK. Go Figure. No, I don't want you to explain why.

Weird direction this thread has gone.

Denny

Archived