How many bottles of wine are you allowed to carry on for a 14 day cruise?

kayo kruiser

I saw an undercover video of what hotel maids do with the glasses in hotel bathrooms. Yuck!!!

I do remember seeing a dishwasher crate of fresh bathroom glasses out in the passageway near the stateroom carts once, but never paid much attention to it since, but I will on my next cruise. :)

Bingo, you know then. :)

Do we really need to be discussing if we should use glasses and instead bring our own, or wash them out before we use a glass while on a cruise?

If someone feels they need to bring their own, do it. Must be fun going to restaurants - ohhh, those glasses are OK. Go Figure. No, I don't want you to explain why.

Weird direction this thread has gone.

Denny

Mr. Denny, how many bottle of wines do you bring...circle it back home then rather that gripe all the time about things you don't know about :cool:

I saw an undercover video of what hotel maids do with the glasses in hotel bathrooms. Yuck!!!

Don't even mention what happens to the toothbrushes :eek:

Edited to say that I can't imagine what they do to the glasses but as I work in a hotel I'll nip upstairs and ask the accommodation dept

Mr. Denny, how many bottle of wines do you bring...circle it back home then rather that gripe all the time about things you don't know about :cool:

We take 2 bottles.

And FinelyCruising, I did see the same TV program, along with 'they don't change the sheets!', 'they don't clean the bathrooms!!', 'they don't.....!!!'. One was on serving Regular coffee instead of the requested Decaf because it wasn't ready.

So my subjective opinion on using a glass is as germane and from personal knowledge as your subjective opinion or bringing your own. You are right, I shouldn't have responded since it was personal and knowing you'd have to respond back, and off we go. I'll not cheapshot for a quick giggle at someone's expense and you don't tell posters they don't know what they are posting about - postings/emails don't allow for a good flow of discussions and our posts would run pages (as this one is starting to) if we had to explain our full background, knowledge base, experiences, etc.

Denny

We take 2 bottles.

And FinelyCruising, I did see the same TV program, along with 'they don't change the sheets!', 'they don't clean the bathrooms!!', 'they don't.....!!!'. One was on serving Regular coffee instead of the requested Decaf because it wasn't ready.

Denny

:DWell...that was NOT the program. So there:p

Its a germane topic...wine and cabin glasses...though albeit a bit of a side bar discussuion, that caution might be a consideration when traveling when it comes to the things we never think about. Many here believe that there is a solid system of sanitization in place.

I agree there is, but I don't beleive that it is as all encompassing as we might believe, or like to beleive. I know its creepy, but part of what this board is about is offering information that can be helpful to others or eye opening, although some may complain that is only subjectively useful.

Its thought provoking I realize that.

No. Its not a joke and I would not drink from a glass in a cabin any faster than I would from a hotel room. Dining areas and bars, definitely. I have no shred of evidence that the glasses that are in your cabin ever leave your cabin.

Sorry. :o

You know, I wondered the same thing! On my last cruise, as I walked down the hall, glancing into other cabins, I noticed our steward drying some glasses. I did wonder what he was washing them in, but didn't think I was seeing right! Maybe I was!

M.

Celebrity will charge you a corkage fee (I think it's about $25) to bring your own bottle of wine to dinner. They did not have corkscrews in the cabin so you need to bring one with you (unless you buy the wine bottles with screw-tops). The rooms don't have wine glasses but they do have glasses (and ice provided by our room attendant twice a day) just in case you take any of the drinks from the mini-bar).

It wasn't a problem getting wine glasses as they gave us a set as we walked onto to the ship. We also were provided glasses when we ordered the Celebrity gift Romance package (champane, chocolates, rose petals, champange glasses) at the start of the cruise and just washed/kept them in our room.

On Equinox, just ask cabin Steward and he will have a Corkscrew to you in 1 minute. Yours to keep for duration if needed.

For those bringing on those huge bottles of wine, I hope you bring some sort of wine pump. Once you open it and expose it to the air, it will begin to oxidize. A wine pump will at least keep it for a few days. They're about $10, depending on where you purchase it. You can even pay up to $30 if you shop at Williams-Sonoma.

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/vacu-vin-wine-saver-1

Archived