Our Constellation Odyssey, Oct 3~Dec 20

C 2 C

Janet Lanterman founder of a Travel Agency (you can google it), together with her husband the former chairman of HAL, were on board with a number of clients.

Whether they enjoyed the Celebrity experience will depend on individual preferences, but the mere fact that they were on board speaks volumes.

One of the reasons that Celebrity picked 6 pm as the cut off point for the free cocktails is that many passengers have a tendency to be late for dinner as they have just one more.. Lack of a dedicated and spacious room that does not interfere with other activities is the main culprit.

This week's repositioning cruise has the Bar at the Edge occupied by the Art people who also bumped Perry's early show in Michael's Club on the first sea day. Elite Cocktails will be distributed in the Martini Bar instead of the Edge..

Constellation is completely sold out for the Nov. 9th Caribbean sailing. Hopefully no one will have problems with their cabins that require switching.

We were in CC 9154 and needed an alternative due to an odor problem coming from the shower drain. Fortunately there was another cabin available.

Despite statements to the contrary by the Captain's Club Host and the Future Sales Manager, I still believe that new program enhancements for frequent cruisers will be announced prior to year's end.

are you describing a waiter of Asian descent------a short little guy with a terrific smile ??? we had him ( if it's the same guy ) on the Galaxy in September 2007 in the Med------can't remember if he was Korean/Japanese/Phillipino/Indian/ Indonesian????\

One of the advantages of cruising with the same cruise line and on the same ship is the family-like relationship that develops over time. The following information is available on Celebrity sailings as part of your information package.

Master: Captain Dimitris Manetas

Staff Captain: Costas Nestoroudis

Hotel Director: Christian Deniel

Cruise Director: Joshua Riffe

Guest Relations Manager: Pearline Morgan

F&B Manager: Michael Bramlett

Executive Chef: Francisco Sagastume

Select and Elite Members have an opportunity to meet officers on board at the Senior Officers' Cocktail Party which is, unfortunately, held at 11:15 am in the "Bar at the Edge of the Earth".

Hi, Arno

We had Mike Bramlett on INFINITY last fall, on the ''ultimate Alaska 14 day repo to SanFransisco. Kind of liked him...a bit crusty but quite efficient.

Are Capt Manetas and '' RockStar'' still run the ''relay on the bridge'' passing the baton every 3 months ??

Cheers

Are Capt Manetas and '' RockStar'' still run the ''relay on the bridge'' passing the baton every 3 months ??

Cheers

Hi C-legs:

The baton will be passed for the Christmas cruise.

However it would not surprise me if either one were to move to an S-Class next year.

Hello,

Gede is likely from Bali...no matter which Gede you had :) Although Bali is indeed part of Indonesia, but culturally quite distinct in terms of religion, culture and family naming conventions.

The name "Gede", under the Balinese caste system, denotes the first born male child from the Sudra caste.

http://www.baliblog.com/travel-tips/balinese-names-2.html

Bali "exports" much of its highly skilled and trained hospitality staff to cruise lines. We have been to Bali many times, and love the island itself, and the people we've met there.

Hope this helps.

Johncn

Arno, when are you guys leaving to drive to the ship?

Hope you have nice weather for your travels. At least the cruise will be WARMER than your last one.

We start driving tomorrow and the weather looks sunny and clear for the entire 1400 mile drive to Miami.

When I read about the problems people have had with flying at the end of their cruise last month, from lost luggage, fainting and hazmat fears on flight to the UK, cancelled flights and the biggy.. fear of catching the flu during the flight, we're so happy to take a driving holiday instead.. we classify them as excursions...

I will soon be complaining of the heat. :cool:

We start driving tomorrow and the weather looks sunny and clear for the entire 1400 mile drive to Miami. :cool:

That's terrific the weather will be cooperating.

We had a 1300 mile drive from CT to Fort Lauderdale last April. It was well worth it not to have to worry about baggage restrictions, delayed flights, etc. Plus it was much cheaper for us to drive than fly because it was over the Easter/Passover Holidays.

Tell everyone on Connie I said HI!

Arno

i read you booked more time on this ship. you should rent a place in FL so you would not have to drive back/forth every 6/8 weeks or so. my place is empty in Jan:D.

I'm always looking for suggestions... especially places where I can park our car close to a port for 4 weeks at a time.

After disembarking Constellation on Dec. 20th, we'll be home on the 22nd and start driving back on Jan 2nd to reach FLL by the 4th, see what's new on Equinox, disembark on the 15th and fill in some space while we wait for our Constellation cruise on the 31 and Feb. 14.

I'm always looking for suggestions... especially places where I can park our car close to a port for 4 weeks at a time.

After disembarking Constellation on Dec. 20th, we'll be home on the 22nd and start driving back on Jan 2nd to reach FLL by the 4th, see what's new on Equinox, disembark on the 15th and fill in some space while we wait for our Constellation cruise on the 31 and Feb. 14.

wait a minute here. i am CC all day everyday i have not seen one post from you on my Equinox cruise. i am on the Equinox form the 4th to the 25th. all i read is you and your wife on the Connie. So i am finally going to get to me you in Jan at our sail away party. you and your wife and another couple who i will meet in Dec are my list of Celebrity people i have always wanted to meet. Lois is another one.

oh my house is empty for 10 nights but you need to find another bed for the 25th thru the 31st. i love an hour away in WPB. older home , ok area but near everything:D

I might be new to Celebrity but I am racking up points to be Elite for Alaska. so what great hotel are you staying in for 2 week?? have you looked at the Broward Performing Arts Center for things to do and he museum. or are you driving back again:eek:

you really need a winter home in FL. i keep mine just to stay warm for 4 months. i wish i could travel like you. i travel but not as much as i want too. i know you love the ship but you still get off in ports or is a quiet port day..

Robin, do you live in West Palm Beach? I might need your place next April. Our niece is having her first child and they live in West Palm Beach. She's a teacher there.

Hi Anna Marie

i have an empty house here. i am there from Dec 1st to April 5th minis 3.5 weeks of cruising. you can come before i leave for the key or arrive after i leave for NC. you get a two bedroom two bath house with a garage. i leave the gate clicker in the house and i can make sure you get a key befroe. i have someone checking the house.

now, to get you posting on our far i n the future cruise. sounds like Arno should move onto the Connie for 4 to 6 months. we do have drugstores in FL.:D

you will have to email me about the house this winter. i will post my email on our cruise in late Jan or Feb.

Hi Arno! I hope you have a smooth drive & a great cruise(s)!!!

We are leaving tomorrow for San Juan & Millennium.

Have a safe flight... don't inhale for the duration.. ;)

Don't forget cold/flu meds just in case.

Tell the staff on board you're comparing notes with pax on Constellation about who can treat their passengers better:D

Hi,Arno

I don't know why....but I smell '' CENTURY '' from here...:rolleyes:;).Even cheaper than the local assortment of hotels/motels... ( or are you perhaps getting ready for a sampling, version 2.0 ,of HollandAmerica ??? )

Have a good and SAFE drive .

cheers:)

Hi,Arno

I don't know why....but I smell '' CENTURY '' from here...:rolleyes:;).Even cheaper than the local assortment of hotels/motels... ( or are you perhaps getting ready for a sampling, version 2.0 ,of HollandAmerica ??? )

Have a good and SAFE drive .

cheers:)

Thanks C-Legs:

No more HAL in the near future anyways...HAL just sent me a letter outlining their perks for frequent cruisers (we have 161 days with HAL): the Elite equivalent offers nothing unless you buy something. (We've been down that X X-road) We are very happy with the perks now offered on Celebrity. Except for itinerary, I cannot find a reason to switch to any other line.

We are on Equinox Jan 4-15, considering a hotel for the 15th, perhaps boarding Century for the 16th, 18th and 23rd, disembark on the 28th Orlando 28th to the 31st and board Constellation fro the 31 to Feb 28th.

I'm waiting to see when XcitingDeals on Tuesdays put a real, just-gotta-do-it deal on the Century. I can't keep on praising Constellation without doing a little comparison shopping on the other Class of ships in the fleet.

Arno

i am surprised you have not been on Century with all your cruises. i am going on in Dec for 4 nights. I wanted March but the deal was better in Dec.

pretty soon you will be doible elote plus- whatever that gives you.;):D

Now you will be able to compared al three classes and give a good review of that.

Arno

I am surprised you have not been on Century or that class of ship. i am trying her in dec as it was a better deal than March.

We've cruised on all of Celebrity's ships, in fact Century more than any other.

We celebrated our 50th Celebrity cruise on board as well as our 100th cruise at the same time as our 40th anniversary last year.

Archived