Our Constellation Odyssey, Oct 3~Dec 20

C 2 C

Have you been on one before and do you know if your upcoming cruise will have lots of children onboard? I know that winter break will have started for many students by then so holiday cruises would appear to attract many more families with children and/or college students.

This is our 10th year in a row sailing at Christmas. There will be a lot of children on board.

This is our 10th year in a row sailing at Christmas. There will be a lot of children on board.

Wow! 10 years...You must really enjoy these cruises.

I am wondering, though, if there is a difference in number of children/students on shorter holiday cruises (7 days and less) and the longer ones (such as 14 days). Do you have experience with both types?

The paternal grandparents of the tragic events in California

left Constellation two days ago in Panama.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/12/15/california.dead/index.html

It was a very sad event when the travelling friends reported the tragedy to us on board. Perry sang a very wonderful song in tribute in memory of the children with the friends in attendance. It was very moving and tearful.

Arno ~ just catching up with your adventures. Thanks so much for taking the time to share. I hadn't heard about the tragedy in California (on the road for biz a bunch). How very sad. Hope you enjoy the rest of the trip.

Texed ~ ENJOY your Dec. 20th cruise. Have some waffles for me. Best to you and Jacque!!!

I am wondering, though, if there is a difference in number of children/students on shorter holiday cruises (7 days and less) and the longer ones (such as 14 days). Do you have experience with both types?

The shorter cruises have more children, and a little "wilder" adults :)

The make over of Constellation will be on a grand scale.

The hole in deck 4/5 will be sealed.

There will be a Tuscan grill on 12.

There will be a "wine tasting" area.

The planned dry dock will make for the best M-class yet... a minnie Solstice

Welcome Home Arno. Infinity has had the "hole" between 4 & 5 filled in, and it's really wonderful now. It's created another cocktail venue that is really a lot more quiet and elegant.

I can't wait to see the finished product on Constellation. One of our favorite ships.

Hi, Arno

Can we conclude the '' cirque du Soleil'' leftover on deck #11 ob-lounge will finally be taken away to finally restore this great lounge back to its original great design ??

Tuscan grill on #12....: an ''extra charge '' venue ??

Cheers

When does Constellation go to dry dock?

Hi Arno !

Thank You for the updates. When I was onboard Constellation last month, I heard of the Steakhouse addition on Deck 12, though the Officer said it was "not 100% yet". I feel this is a very smart move by Celebrity. Did you hear exactly where on Deck 12 ?

I was told it is going to be located where the Conservatory currently resides. I was surprised, as that area is VERY small. I wonder just how big the venue will be, unless they are planning to add some additional indoor space to that area, at the expense of some of the Upper Level of the Pool Deck. I thought a much better (and larger) location, would be at the aft of Deck 12, where the Shipmates area is. I'm sure they could relocate Shipmates elsewhere.

I think this is an excellent decision. We love Tuscan Grille, so we will be sure to visit next time we are onboard Constellation. I agree that the upgrades will make a great ship even better !

I hope you enjoyed your Odyssey, and it was great seeing you and Joanne. I hope we will meet again in 2010. Welcome Home !

When does Constellation go to dry dock?

Hi George !

Constellation goes into Drydock when she completes her Transatlantic sailing on April 24, 2010. She re-enters service on May 9th.

Hi George !

Constellation goes into Drydock when she completes her Transatlantic sailing on April 24, 2010. She re-enters service on May 9th.

Thanks so much for the information.

It does get a little confusing though, since this is a different date than I had heard from three previous posts (each one suggesting a different date). Is the date of April 24 100% definite, as far as you know, or do you think it is subject to change?

Thanks so much for the information.

It does get a little confusing though, since this is a different date than I had heard from three previous posts (each one suggesting a different date). Is the date of April 24 100% definite, as far as you know, or do you think it is subject to change?

Hi George !

I could be wrong, but several previous posts, and what I thought I heard onboard, was that it would be right after her Transatlantic Sailing. There is a 2 week hole in her schedule at that time. I will double check it, and see what I can find out.

Hi George !

I could be wrong, but several previous posts, and what I thought I heard onboard, was that it would be right after her Transatlantic Sailing. There is a 2 week hole in her schedule at that time. I will double check it, and see what I can find out.

That's very kind of you. Thanks!

I hope you enjoyed your Odyssey, and it was great seeing you and Joanne. I hope we will meet again in 2010. Welcome Home !

Hi Andy:

We just arrived home after our 1500 mile drive

Not a flake of snow on the road north to Detroit and just beyond.

We are starting a new one in January.

Jan 4 Equinox followed by a B2B on Solstice on the 17th and 24th and a transfer back to Constellation for another 28 days.

Did you know that Celebrity may provide a free hotel stay if cruising out of the same port as another X ship when you`re on a B2B

Hi Andy:

Jan 4 Equinox followed by a B2B on Solstice on the 17th and 24th and a transfer back to Constellation for another 28 days.

Did you know that Celebrity may provide a free hotel stay if cruising out of the same port as another X ship when you`re on a B2B

Hi Arno, hoping you have a Merry Christmas at home.:)

For some reason I thought ya'll were not sailing on the S class

anymore:confused:

For some reason I thought ya'll were not sailing on the S class

anymore:confused:

Those were my plans but:

So far we have sailed on every Celebrity ship except Equinox, and we are looking forward to meeting friends on board. Solstice is the filler to keep me warm while I wait to get back on Constellation.;)

Unfortunately Celebrity offers few options for the non-flyer.For some reason Celebrity insists on using San Juan, a home port I refuse to fly to or sail from, Baltimore is in the midst of winter wonderland/nightmare, including 4 days of winter weather in any sailing destination, Infinity requires an 8 - 11 hour flight. Century's cruises are too short and the dates don't fit well.

Our disembarkation in Miami was a disaster for early departures.

Our time for departure was timed for 7:10 am. Our actual disembarkation was 45 minutes later. Immigration processing was quick.

The luggage carousels processed later colours before the essential early colour codes of the passengers who were processed first. It took more than another hour before priority colours were unloaded (1) White (2) Beige.

According to one speculation:

Luggage is stored in the hull based on priority colour codes but if the ship reverses its mooring, the priority coded luggage is on the wrong side of the hull and all other luggage blocks access to the important stuff.

On another important topic:

I did not have much appetite for dinner offerings during the final week of our odyssey. For curiosity I just weighed myself for the important food satisfaction post-cruise evaluation. I managed to lose two pounds despite the fact that I avoided exercising for the duration of the cruise.

Hi Andy:

Hi Arno !

Welcome Home ! I'm happy to hear your drive home was smooth. It's great to hear about your next Odyssey. We still have not booked anything yet. I am hoping for the 2/14 Constellation sailing, but I have a few work conflicts in February. At this moment, we will likely sail on Equinox in March.

BTW, I've never heard of the Hotel offer, until your post. Please stay in touch, and Happy Holidays !

Archived