Crown Grill question

lovevacadays

We will be sailing on the Crown Princess in November. I've been to Sabatini's on the Sapphire which I loved but my friend Teri would like to do the Crown Grill this time. I looked at the menu and it looks really good. So much so that I see more than one appetizer, entree, etc that I might want to try. Do they let you order more than one appetizer, entree, side dish, etc. I'd love to order a loaded baked potato but love scalloped potatoes as well. Might also want to have steak and lobster. I would certainly appreciate any Crown Grill details anyone has.

We will be sailing on the Crown Princess in November. I've been to Sabatini's on the Sapphire which I loved but my friend Teri would like to do the Crown Grill this time. I looked at the menu and it looks really good. So much so that I see more than one appetizer, entree, etc that I might want to try. Do they let you order more than one appetizer, entree, side dish, etc. I'd love to order a loaded baked potato but love scalloped potatoes as well. Might also want to have steak and lobster. I would certainly appreciate any Crown Grill details anyone has.

You can order as much of anything as you like. ;)

We don't do formal nights anymore so we eat in the Crown Grill on formal nights. You can order as much as you want but the portions are quite large. My dh has a huge appetite (and never gains an ounce) and had to leave food behind. We really enjoy this restaurant. Service and food are both very nice.

Hi There,

Last cruise we did chefs table took 3 hours, we ate in the Crown Grill with ships officers took 4 hours.

Not just oh so much food, but very good quality food, once you try some thing waiter kept asking did you like that, then you would love this, I will just get a sample for you... 4 hours later you fall off your seat and can not eat for the next three days.

yours Shogun

What is the charge for the Crown Grill? Also the charge for Sabatini's. Thanks in advance.

$25 per person for the Crown Grill plus $9 extra if one would like a large (1 ½ to 2 pound) Maine lobster or a huge Brazilian lobster tail.

$20 per person for Sabatini's.

Crown Grill is wonderful. One thing that I wish I had known before ordering was that the sides are served family style, meaning that they are large dishes placed on the table and there is more than enough to share. So keep this in mind when ordering as DH & I ended up with two huge bowls of the wonderful redskin mashed potatoes. I think that our table ended up with as much food as for our whole family last Thanksgiving.

We love the Crown Grill...especially love the Onion Soup, but it really is quite filling. Note that there is an additional surcharge for lobster tail as an entree', but there is a smaller lobster tail in the appetizer section that you can order with your entree-goes nicely with your steak and no additional surcharge for that one!

Wow, from the pictures and comments we may want to eat there twice! Looks so yummy.

Shogun you will be on in a few weeks. Have a good cruise and although you are doing a different itinerary I look forward to a review from you and maybe some heads up on who the cruise staff is. Have a fantastic cruise!

Hi There,

Last cruise we did chefs table took 3 hours, we ate in the Crown Grill with ships officers took 4 hours.

Not just oh so much food, but very good quality food, once you try some thing waiter kept asking did you like that, then you would love this, I will just get a sample for you... 4 hours later you fall off your seat and can not eat for the next three days.

yours Shogun

When finished with dinner, do they roll you off to your cabin?

And don't forget dessert!!!! Chocolate Obsession, Berry Cobbler or the Crown sampler. You cannot go wrong! :p

When I ate in the Crown Room last spring, dessert for me was their warm wild berry tart with apple flavored ice cream. I came close to ordering a second one.

Archived