Carnival Valor - Western Cbn

Happy2trvl

Hello again you great brained cruisers!

We are booking 14 people on this ship and we are booking 4 balconies and the others are on ocean view rooms.

What side of the ship should we be looking for? I know that depending on the itinerary there are better sides to be on and would welcome your input.

Years ago my dad and I were on the HA line and we really lucked into a cabin that was always looking at the port when we docked. That is what we are looking for on this cruise.

Thank you for your input in advance...you are wonderful to help make this decision for all of us count.

Cheers!

Hello again you great brained cruisers!

We are booking 14 people on this ship and we are booking 4 balconies and the others are on ocean view rooms.

What side of the ship should we be looking for? I know that depending on the itinerary there are better sides to be on and would welcome your input.

Years ago my dad and I were on the HA line and we really lucked into a cabin that was always looking at the port when we docked. That is what we are looking for on this cruise.

Thank you for your input in advance...you are wonderful to help make this decision for all of us count.

Cheers!

I will be the first to reply but many more I am sure will follow. It really varies by port/ship and day in regards to which side of the ship is facing land. We most always choose port, but there are no guarantees, especially if it is a tender port.

I'm saling the Valor in January. We like to book Port Side. As the previous poster stated though it does depend on which port you are in. I know for St. Thomas and St. Maarten portside was great, with the best views of the port/harbor.

The side of the ship that docks can vary from week to week.

With your cabins that you are booking you want to be mindful of whats over and above you.

You dont want to be under the galley. you dont want to be under a pizza kitchen which is opened 24 hours a day.

Best deck for balconies will be the Empress deck--either side. These cabins are sandwiched between cabin space and away from public areas.

For an oceanview= to be close to your balconies-- look on the empress deck all the way forward-- those inside cabins across the front of the ship do have windows but they are cheaper since the view is obstructed- but there is a deck they can go out on and see the view that is very handy.

you can take the balconies right around the corner from those people.

But a word of caution-- booking all the way forward its a long walk to the food/pools every day

Archived