No morning trains Cannes to Monaco on Sunday Oct 11??

Chester

I have been checking the RailEurope website for the Cannes to Monaco train schedule on the morning of Sunday, October 11th. We dock at 10:00 and I wanted to get an idea of what the train schedules would be but when I enter Cannes to Monaco - the first train is 3:05 pm (15:05)????

It can be difficult to find the regional TER trains when you check the normal RailEurope and a few other web sites. And to make matters worse, for some reason they often do not show the Monoco stop but just show the Ventimiglia stop at the end of the line. But, I was able to look at a French TER site and there are daily trains from Cannes to Monte Carlo (including Sunday) that leave Cannes at 7:35, 8:06, 8:37 and 9:26. Here is a link to that Timetable (not sure the direct link will work)

http://www2.ter-sncf.com/Images/FH06-Marseille-Vintimiglia_ete_tcm21-63475.pdf

We seldom worry about the trains on this route since they routinely run about twice an hour. The only exception is when they have a train strike which are almost always announced in advance. These TER trains do not require (or accept) reservations and they operate in a similar manner as a commuter train.

Hank

I do need to add one more thought. There is a scheduled train strike in Italy on October 11. I do not know if this strike will also be expanded to France but perhaps somebody else can find a way to check out this issue for the OP.

Hank

I have been checking the RailEurope website for the Cannes to Monaco train schedule on the morning of Sunday, October 11th. We dock at 10:00 and I wanted to get an idea of what the train schedules would be but when I enter Cannes to Monaco - the first train is 3:05 pm (15:05)????

For the worst case:

Bus 200 + Bus 100 will also take you from Cannes to Nice and from Nice to Monaco.

The strike in Italy would only have an influence to trains from France to Italy.

They might end then in Ventimiglia at the border point.

But that's only apply to INTERNATIONAL LONG DISTANCE TRAINS.

As Monaco is just a "local" train stop you can check on the English website (enter UK as residence) of French Railways SNCF for current schedule:

http://www.tgv-europe.com

On October 11 according to French Railways' website:

11.35 hrs leaving from Cannes (do not forget: Tender Port and you need bus from Rue du port or walking about 20-30 minutes to railways station)

12.40 hrs arriving in Monaco-Monte Carlo

the next one is leaving 13.15 hrs on this day!!!

If you make a print out of the pdf:

http://www2.ter-sncf.com/Images/FH06-Marseille-Vintimiglia_ete_tcm21-63475.pdf

sauf dimanche = except Sunday

sauf sam dim et férie = except Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays

sam dim et férie = only on Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays

tous les jours = daily

Regards,

HeinBloed

Archived