Lots of Bookings for Sept 2010 Cruise - Is this Normal?

mborchgardt

We are booked on the Mariner from Athens to Instanbul in Sept 2010. In looking at availability on the RSSC web site, all of the regular suites are sold out or wait listed and even many of the premium suites are booked. None of other cruises next Summer or Fall on the Mariner appear to be anywhere near that heavily sold at this point.

Is this just a REALLY popular itinerary, or could something else be going on like a partial charter or something?

I don't mind a full ship, but I'm not sure that we would enjoy being on a cruise if a large corporate group or something like that has booked 75% of the ship. It seems like they might have a lot of events geared toward these passengers to the exclusion of "regular" passengers.

Any thoughts? Should we be asking questions of Regent or our TA?

Thanks!

I agree with the above -- plus, since Regent has been offering included excursions, it seems that more itineraries are filling up earlier. Our Alaska cruise next May (first of the season -- before school lets out) is almost full. Looks like booking at least a year in advance is a good idea.

Looking randomly at the Med. bookings, I see a fair number of openings at the G level, but not for all cruises. But I see lots of openings at the PH level and above. Looks like the situation we had on the PG last December, where they will try to seduce folks with upgrades at some point later, to fill up the ship.

We just took the same Athens to Istanbul cruise (9/11 to 9/18/09) on the smaller Navigator, and it was sold out (about 475 out of 490 capacity with about 15 cabins taken by singles). It was a wonderful cruise with great weather.

Archived