Luggage Tags Online?

bjkTX

Seriously... no need to fret. No need for color printing, card stock or laminating either.

Just print out on regular paper, cut tags individually with scissors.

Then cut 8"-10"" sections of packing tape and lay flat on counter.

Lay each tag on each sticky side of tape.

Affix tape to luggage handle in same manner as before (center it on the handle and bring sides together).

Done!

So what would you do if you had a flight and hotel stay and aren't putting your luggage tags on until you get to your hotel? Not complaining. Just curious.

Sounds like the best way to go. I like the suggestions others have made about printing on card stock, laminating, hole punching, etc. That just seems like so much trouble.

Does anyone know: if you DO have the option to print them (seems like not everyone does yet), does that mean you will NOT receive some in the mail? If I don't get them directly from Princess, I'll probably wait until I get to the pier. I can do all that other stuff, but it seems like a lot to do in addition to all the packing and other arrangements. Getting them at the pier will be my best bet.

Jenny

I think it is safe to assume that if you have the option to print them, you will not get them in the mail.

Seriously... no need to fret. No need for color printing, card stock or laminating either.

Just print out on regular paper, cut tags individually with scissors.

Then cut 8"-10"" sections of packing tape and lay flat on counter.

Lay each tag on each sticky side of tape.

Affix tape to luggage handle in same manner as before (center it on the handle and bring sides together).

Done!

Great way - Julia - thanks.

Karen

Right, because I have extra hours in my day to do stupid arts and crafts projects.

Princess, just send me the bloody luggage tags already. I'm paying you three grand for a cruise, two pieces of coloured sticky paper aren't too much to ask in return.

Just 10 minutes will do and trust me, no arts and crafts skills needed. If you don't like my suggestion, you'd better find another way to do it because I don't think they will send them to you any more.

We've been suggesting for YEARS that Princess offer the option of printing all our cruise doc's, including luggage tags, ourselves. I love getting my cruise package (and doing the "doc dance"), but there's enough of the "earthy-crunchy green nut" in me that it always makes me feel guilty. And, as experienced Princess cruisers, we really don't need most of the extraneous paperwork they include.

Of course, I agree that they should continue to offer the option of receiving the doc's via snail mail for those who prefer that.

And, I had the same idea of using clear packing tape to make self-printed luggage tags more durable.

I was just looking at the Cruise Personalizer for two cruises we have in May 2010 and Feb 2011. On both, where it has always showed "Boarding Pass" that you could print out up to 75 days before the cruise, it now says "Boarding Pass and Luggage Tags." Has Princess gone Carnival?

This is a ridiculous rumor and is absolutely not true!Why would Princess attempt to have their guests "print" luggage tags!Luggage tags are provided in the mail with cruise documents and if a cruise is booked at the last minute,luggage tags are then obtained at the port JUST LIKE THEY ALWAYS HAVE....NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!Why in the world would guests be subjected to packing tape and lamination....HOW STUPID FOR ANYONE TO BELIEVE SUCH A THING!

Shame on you for not verifing something this crazy with Princess directly instead of creating this inconvenience for everyone.:mad:

This is a ridiculous rumor and is absolutely not true!Why would Princess attempt to have their guests "print" luggage tags!Luggage tags are provided in the mail with cruise documents and if a cruise is booked at the last minute,luggage tags are then obtained at the port JUST LIKE THEY ALWAYS HAVE....NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!Why in the world would guests be subjected to packing tape and lamination....HOW STUPID FOR ANYONE TO BELIEVE SUCH A THING!

Shame on you for not verifing something this crazy with Princess directly instead of creating this inconvenience for everyone.:mad:

So I guess when I go to my cruise personalizer and see that I can print luggage tags just as I can print my boarding pass, I'm wrong?!? And everyone else that sees it is wrong too? Calm down.

I, for one, would opt out of getting that huge packet in the mail as it all just ends up in the recycling bin except for the luggage tags. Now I don't need those.

Now all I need is a box saying "Please don't send me the huge packet as I can do it all online." that I can check.

So what would you do if you had a flight and hotel stay and aren't putting your luggage tags on until you get to your hotel? Not complaining. Just curious.

I always put our tags on before leaving home. (A) It's one less thing to deal with, and (B) If a bag should go missing, it may need to meet the ship on its own... tags will help get it there.

Wow.... why so excited?

Printing luggage tags is the NORM on Carnival, and Princess is a Carnival Corp brand.

I feel so...ashamed....sniff.

I promise I'll never look at my Cruise Personalizer and ask a question again (unless I check with you, of course). How could I have been so....stupid???

I feel so...ashamed....sniff.

I promise I'll never look at my Cruise Personalizer and ask a question again (unless I check with you, of course). How could I have been so....stupid???

LOL! ;)

How are you, Brian & Sue? We're sailing in 7 days on the Emerald, and already got our "packet" a while back with the luggage tags enclosed. So, evidentally, this is a brand-new option. I did check our Cruise Personalizer after I read your post, just for the heck of it, but of course, where we are so close to our sailing and have already received the tags, this option does not appear for us.

Enjoy your future cruises (with or without "print it yourself" luggage tags....:p)

Linda

Hi Linda!

We're going on a Carnival cruise next weekend - and had to print out the luggage tags for it, so I'll get to try out some of the suggestions :-)

Enjoy your cruise!!!

brian & Sue

Why would Princess do this? Maybe because Carnival has been doing it for years. Geez people it is not a big deal. Before you start to accuse someone of starting a rumor why not check it out yourself. It might just save you some egg on your face.

Hi!

We are booked on the Crown for December 5th, and when I just checked the cruise personalizer there was a place to click to print our luggage tags. It was very simple and contained all our information. There are directions how to fold them so that no additional tape, etc., is needed. However, I printed the luggage tags and used the clear mailing tape to make them even stronger. It's really VERY easy and should cause no difficulty for anyone.

Reggie

We sail in 41 days and we received our luggage tags in the mail over a month ago. In checking my cruise personalizer there is no place for me to print them out. We still don't have our cabin assigned so I will just fill it our when we get to the pier with the tags that we had mailed to us.

Carnival always has you print out your own luggage tags, its no big deal.

If a bag should go missing, it may need to meet the ship on its own... tags will help get it there.

I never thought of this. This is a good suggestion. I'll talk to DH about it and may end up doing it especially since I have a lot of packing tape left.

Are some of you saying to put your luggage tags on along with your tags that are put on from the airlines. I don't think that the airlines advise doing that.

Did I read the post wrong.

We flew to South America, had our luggage tags printed out encased in clear plastic tape all filled out. Did not put them on until we got off of the airplane and then put them on the baggage with a small stapler that I had in our carryon luggage. Then all set for our cruse.

On Oct 23 Crown sailing on Caribe deck 10. Luggage tags received that say "A". No indication if this is for Aloha deck or some other sorting method. Think I received wrong tags. They are a coffee with cream color. No indication of fore or aft on tags. Can anyone on Caribe deck tell me the color or letter on your tags?

On Oct 23 Crown sailing on Caribe deck 10. Luggage tags received that say "A". No indication if this is for Aloha deck or some other sorting method. Think I received wrong tags. They are a coffee with cream color. No indication of fore or aft on tags.

I believe that the letter code ("A" or "B") designates fore or aft. They use (at least) 2 sets of service elevators to transport luggage to the proper decks. The code indicates which set of elevators to use.

I believe (not certain) that the color on the tags is used to separate disembarking and embarking luggage. Each cruise would have a different color, even for the same ship. The different color is for the longshoremen NOT to reload luggage that was just sent ashore from the previous cruise. (Imagine the mess if that were to happen!)

I believe that the letter code ("A" or "B") designates fore or aft. They use (at least) 2 sets of service elevators to transport luggage to the proper decks. The code indicates which set of elevators to use.

I believe (not certain) that the color on the tags is used to separate disembarking and embarking luggage. Each cruise would have a different color, even for the same ship. The different color is for the longshoremen NOT to reload luggage that was just sent ashore from the previous cruise. (Imagine the mess if that were to happen!)

Each ship has its own color tags.Emerald is Green,Coral is a pinkish color.The tags that you embark with adhere by the glued ends while the disembarkation tags slide within themselves to attach.

Archived