Luggage Tags Online?

bjkTX

I spoke with my TA and she has been printing and providing a plastic sleeve to her customers on Carnival so will now just do that for her Princess passengers. By the way the TA had not been notified by Princess that they would not be provinding luggage tags in their cruise package so she is just waiting to see what comes for her next clients who are sailing Princess.

Carnival did not mail us any luggage tags for our last cruise this past May when we went to the Panama Canal. I printed our own and just stapled them before we left home. Of course we drove to the port so it was no big deal.

We just received our luggage tags about a month ago from Princess for our Nov. 14th cruise to New Zealand.:cool::cool::cool:

WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT NOT MAILING DOCS?They will continue to mail docs as always!

I don't think so...the only thing they sent me was the luggage tags, but that's only because the option for me to print them wasn't in my personalizer. I had to print my boarding passes and anything else I wanted. I got the tags today, but they are not preprinted like the ones we print ourselves from Carnival. I think e-docs are the way now; we've had them for our last several cruises with Carnival for the last two-three years now, (and one cruise from Celebrity) and I've gotten used to it and even prefer it now.

Postage shall continue to be a huge expense.They are going to discontinue the luggage tags....WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT NOT MAILING DOCS?They will continue to mail docs as always!
Sorry honey the cruise answer book and the shore excursions are next to go. Notice that already the Cruise Personalizer makes you agree to your passage contract now and lets you print it out, instead of waiting for it in the mail.

HAL transitioned to express docs only in June and now everything has to be printed and download, if not by you then by your travel agent. I don't know what the small number of computerless folks who book direct with Princess over the phone are supposed to do, but I wonder if they are a small part of the business nowadays.

I spoke with my TA and she has been printing and providing a plastic sleeve to her customers on Carnival so will now just do that for her Princess passengers. By the way the TA had not been notified by Princess that they would not be provinding luggage tags in their cruise package so she is just waiting to see what comes for her next clients who are sailing Princess.
Hey Judy, could you find out from your TA where she gets the nice plastic sleeves? Thanks!

Postage shall continue to be a huge expense.They are going to discontinue the luggage tags....WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT NOT MAILING DOCS?They will continue to mail docs as always!

"Honey", you really need to take some valium. Chill out.

What I was saying was that the ONLY things that I use out of that huge packet that they send us are the luggage tags. Now that I can get them online I have absolutely NO use for the big package they send us. I wish I had an option on the cruise personalizer to opt out of getting it.

You really need a cruise so you can calm down.

This is a ridiculous rumor and is absolutely not true!Why would Princess attempt to have their guests "print" luggage tags!Luggage tags are provided in the mail with cruise documents and if a cruise is booked at the last minute,luggage tags are then obtained at the port JUST LIKE THEY ALWAYS HAVE....NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!Why in the world would guests be subjected to packing tape and lamination....HOW STUPID FOR ANYONE TO BELIEVE SUCH A THING!

Shame on you for not verifing something this crazy with Princess directly instead of creating this inconvenience for everyone.:mad:

pardon me, this is not a rumour, it is a reality, at least for the foreseeable future. The confusion lies in the fact that this option is not availablie until voyages that sail this december....advise to you, if you do print your own to fold as directed , not cut with scissors....the tri-fold makes them stronger...you staple them as directed at the end after you have folded them and looped them over your luggage handle.....no need to laminate per the directions on the print-out...(it clearly states, "do not cut")if you want to laminate fine, but not necessary. again, there are still the regular luggage tags available from the porters at the pier....if you do not wish to print them you certainly do not have to,just like your boarding pass....you can get on the ship witihout that too, as long as your documents are in order.There is a letter in the pre cruise documents/ package, whichever you want to call it as long as we are all on we the same page that introduces you to the new procedure for affected voyages beginning in december in lieu of the tags. Just get them at the pier as stated by Colo if you don't want to bother.

Archived