Infant to the Baths inTortola

sunquest76

I think it would be pretty tough--you really need your hands to help you climb around the huge boulders, pools, channels, etc. It's kind of slippery too.

I personally wouldn't do this, but maybe if you're young, tough, strong, very sure-footed and fearless you could do it with the baby in a back pack type of carrier. (You'd also have to watch out for their head.)

To be honest, I really think this is a bad idea. It would just be too easy to slip and fall with the little one.

I'm actually the kind of mom/grandma who lets the kids do daring things--but even I wouldn't do this.

I agree, don't do it. I myself (aged 32 at the time) slipped on a slimy rock and fell. I was wearing good water shoes, but it really is a climbing place. One older woman was ripping a strip off the excursion person that she couldn't take part because of the difficulty of slippery rocks, tight spots etc. However, her rant was totally unfounded because it was advertised well as a tricky spot if you're not totally agile. When we got to the swiming spot, it wasn't that "kid friendly" really. The water dropped off quickly. I'd pass on that excursion until the kids are at least 5. I would be worried silly I would slip and drop my little one. IMHO

you would definitely need to have the baby in some kinds of back pack carrier I think. My daughter has one she uses at lot but my grandaughter at 15 months is only about 18 lbs.

My husband and I did that baths a year ago and it does take some energy. I don't really remember anything slippery but I do remember bending and going through tight places. Having said that, I am about 25 lbs overwieght ,52,and could most definitely be in better shape than I am. So if you are in good physical shape and can carry the baby it could be done. ONce you get through it, the beach and the water is awesome. I would love to do it again!!

Archived