Tour courtesy

At the risk of making lots of folks mad, I'd like to make a suggestion. Those of you who carry backpacks on the tours, please be mindful of the other people around you - especially short folks and/or children. On our last cruise, a man with a backpack full of "whatever" kept turning around and bumping into everyone near him. My daughter was hit in the head several times. I hope he didn't realize it was happening, but large objects (backpacks, purses, etc.) can cause problems for others in crowded spaces. Just a suggestion.

At the risk of making lots of folks mad, I'd like to make a suggestion. Those of you who carry backpacks on the tours, please be mindful of the other people around you - especially short folks and/or children. On our last cruise, a man with a backpack full of "whatever" kept turning around and bumping into everyone near him. My daughter was hit in the head several times. I hope he didn't realize it was happening, but large objects (backpacks, purses, etc.) can cause problems for others in crowded spaces. Just a suggestion.

It sounds like a reasonable request. However, people should not bunch up behind the person wearing a backpack.

People often pay little attention to others around them. I use a wheelchair, and can't begin to tell you how many times I've been banged in the head (and upper torso) by backpacks, large purses, other carry-alls, or had people step back and fall into my lap because they didn't see me behind them.

I really don't think it's a matter of someone "bunching up" behind a person with a backpack, as it is the fact that a bagpack bulges out farther than the wearer realizes, he (or she) is used to moving in certain ways, and forgets there's this big bundle on his pack.

Courtesy of the person with the backpackto those around him should be more important than courtesy of the person behind him!

My teenage son has accidentally hit me and my daughter both (I sacrifice myself to protect our fellow passengers! :D) with his backpack on tours. I am constantly reminding him to be mindful of those around him. It is good advice and common courtesy. I know he gets tired of me telling him over and over, but I would be mortified if he knocked into someone with his backpack. I just try to reinforce that it is always good to be careful and aware of those around you.

This is good advice and very reasonable to request. Another pet peeve of mine are umbrellas. I can't tell you how many times I've almost been poked in the eye by someone without a clue. :( These are far more dangerous than backpacks, IMHO.

I feel it comes down to awareness and personal space. Many people are rude, impolite and generally do not pay attention or listen.

We carry backpacks and are always aware of our surroundings. That being said, I also feel the person that gets bumped would think....."Hmm..maybe I should back up a bit"

It would be wonderful if we all treated each other better no matter what the circumstance.

Lin

Many people don't have concept of how much space they take up. But this does bear repeating that people should try to be considerate. I know I get nervous when there's someone carrying an umbrella or a lit cigarette in their hand.

I keep my distance from anyone carrying or wearing anything that could injure me. It is just common sense.

i dont carry a backpack...to hard on my back to pack it around but i always have a shoulder strap bag that i ALWAYS pull to the front of me when i am walking down the aisle of airplane or bus etc as i TRY not to hit anyone as i am walking down it from the side...its ALWAYs the first thing i do stepping on to a plane or bus or other type of transportation....but i do agree with the backpack as people just wing around and dont even realize or care that they just 'took out' 3 or 4 people....

your REQUEST is not unreasonable at all

SMOKING on a tour?? i dont think i have been on a tour you were allowed to smoke:eek:

I wish smoking was not allowed on tours. I find it unbearable to be around the smoke and will use my fan to fan it back at the smoker if I can't avoid it.

....and this relates to backpacks and umbrellas because.................????

Archived