"LIBERTY"...a couple questions

kstmbjm

Is there sushi onboard? If so, do you know when/where it's served? It is included or is there a fee?

I know that Royal Caribbean is testing "My Time Dining." Is this available on the Liberty yet?

Anything else you particularly liked about the Liberty?

Thanks for any and all input!

Is there sushi onboard? If so, do you know when/where it's served? It is included or is there a fee?

I know that Royal Caribbean is testing "My Time Dining." Is this available on the Liberty yet?

Anything else you particularly liked about the Liberty?

Thanks for any and all input!

Just got off the Liberty. There is sushi available in the Jade section of the Windjammer buffet most evenings. Don't expect too much, but it is included with no fee. My DD is a sushi eating expert and said the stuff onboard is not good. That's just her opinion, yours my differ.

My Time is available.

I liked everything about the Liberty except getting off the ship after 2 lovely weeks.

The ice show was very good. I was not expecting much and was very pleasantly surprised to see the skill and showmanship displayed. The rink is not very large and what the skaters did was truly amazing!

Also, be sure to try the food at Sorrento's (pizza, corn salad) and Promenade Cafe (almost any of the sandwichwes and especially the desserts). We found them to be a notch above food in other venues on the ship. Either is a great place to have a quick and quiet lunch.

In general, we like the Radiance and Vision class ships more than Liberty, but we had a good cruise on Liberty (just returned 10/3). Have a great time!

As far as the sushi goes...it is true, ok sushi in the Jade section of the windjammer. What are you going to do...plenty of other options.

We did use the my time dining this past march on the Liberty and loved it! We got the same servers which was very important to us given that we traveled with a 13 month old who was ready for her milk which was waiting for her every night when we arrived! They learned that she also liked the lady fingers that came with the ice cream and had that ready for dessert for her too. We dined at 6:00 most nights on the nose and the other 2 nights at random times. Still no wait and we made no reservations. Now that this program is older on this ship and more well known, there might be a longer wait for a table if you did not tell them what time you were planning on dining the night before. I highly suggest it though, especially if you like having the same wait staff!

Other highlights...

If you have a child in diapers it was nice to have a seperate diaper area in the kids section. It was heated too! Bonus!

Order anything lamb or pork related in the main dining room! Yum!

They have a kids play group for children too young for Adventure Ocean most days in the card room on deck 14 and in the pool area.

Hope some of this helps!

Don't get your hopes up if you really like Sushi. This is lame.

Chops and Portofino are worth the extra fee. We liked Portofino better, ate there twice, but Chops was very good also.

Don't miss the ice show!!!

Shows were OK. Some like them more than others, we thought just OK.

Food in MDR was good, IMHO, not outstanding.

Have a great time.

Ken

Archived